Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Things your boss does that really annoy you …
  • ART

I work in small office of five people. Putting aside the fact that my boss is actually unstable and quite disturbed… she does this thing where she emails me – we’re talking one liners here ‘can you do this’ or ‘please can we speak later about ‘x” from the OTHER SIDE OF THE VERY SMALL ROOM. FFS!!! I take great pleasure in replying verbally across the desk, which clearly annoys her. I’ve previously worked in big organisations where emailing is sometimes the only answer when you’ve got a big team to communicate with – even if lots are in the same room. But in a firm of five people …?? I know, I know .. but I feel better for moaning about it.

And it’s only Monday morning.. hum tee tum 😯

duckman

Come in each day.

ton

never see my boss………..which is cool. 8)

DezB
    Free Member

Sorry, but WE have the most annoying boss ever… I wish he would email across the office, but he’d rather STAND BEHIND ME WHEN I’M TRYING TO WORK and shout across to people.
    That’s just one of his many many faults and incompetences.

ART

Brilliant thank you feeling better already – cause she doesn’t always do that!

wwaswas

I am the boss.

I do my best to irritate 🙂

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Mine spends too much time on STW and looks the spitting image of me…

DezB
    Free Member

I do my best to irritate

It’s one of the requirements of the job of “boss”

ART

SurfMatt – the way forward, small steps, but that’s where I’m heading… wasting time on STW since 1996… 8)

wwaswas

Having said that – as a boss it’s amazing how many staff seem to go out of their way to be irritating…

hels
    Free Member

“I don’t micro-manage, I let my managers make decisions and run things. By the way, there is a date in slightly the wrong font size on page 75 right at the bottom”

nicemonkey
    Free Member

I work for myself so I am the boss…currently I have myself up on a “sexual harassment charge” 😛

vinnyeh

I used to verbally ask people to do stuff, or prepare to talk to me about x, and you know what? They’d do something else, or forget to prepare, or tell me they forgot to do whatever it was, you know.

We’d call it an audit trail. They’re quite important, especially if you have to cover your arse. 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

breathes.

theteaboy
    Free Member

My boss eats all the office cakes 😥

ART

vinnyeh … I’ve been slap bang in the middle of the civil service and big companies where the audit trail argument is understandable – I was one of those bosses, so I knew the score (how I loved all that extra arse covering emailing….!!!). But in a company of five … really..

‘breathes’ yup nail on head…

Milkie
    Free Member

Boss eats all the biscuits, but its ok as he buys them, but he does have a go at us for eating them, yet no one else eats them!

Tells me to amend a drawing, then a few weeks later complains to me that I didn’t draw it correctly. I got round this by putting notes on all amendments, he didn’t like that.

Oh the favourite of everyone in the office, my boss does not listen. You can describe something and he will be like “no its like this”, despite describing it the same way, just with different words, he’ll then argue the toss over it, until another member of staff says “yea u both are describing the same thing” at which point boss will say “well you didnt say that first of all.” This is a daily occurence, he’s getting old and we can’t see him retiring any time soon…. God help us!

I could write loads of these!

Haze

Types in capitals and makes folders on network drives labelled “stuff” etc.

Because that really helps me to find stuff.

I could go on, there’s hundreds of things…

Torminalis
    Free Member

Keeps on giving me something he calls ‘work’.

Deeply uncool.

Haze

I’m watching him now, passing all his irritating habits and techniques on to the new guy…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

We have a member of staff who, in an almost identical situation, does the same – emails me when I am sat just a couple of feet from his desk and gets visibly agitated when I try to actually speak to him.

And if I try to speak to him at any point I have to call his name and wait for him to respond that he is receptive before speaking any further. If I just try to say something he starts to tap louder on his keyboard to try to say ‘I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF SOMETHING’.

Ohh, and when he is dis-satisfied with something in the office he changes his MSN profile to say so – things like ‘(Name) likes how he is the only one to answer the phone’.

organic355
    Free Member

Why not try Whackyourboss.com?

Flash
    Free Member

Breaths

simonb512
    Free Member

Ok where to start.

Small company (ie theres 5 of us).

The latest annoyance is that I have been made aware of site work, by the customer asking me what time I shall be arriving.
    Apparently it has been arranged by the boss and by the Sales lady.

This isnt the first time this happens. Im often accused of forgetting to attend a site or do some remote work for a customer. When I was never made aware I was volunteered to do it.

Lets not forget that Im his personal Techie helpline. On call 24/7/365.

Giving customers my personal mobile number (who still sometimes try to use it, I dont answer anymore).

My ‘contract’ (which has some illegal terms in and I never actually signed due to those. States 9-5:30 yet if Im in after 8:30 im late.

If I take more than 15min lunch then I wont hear the end of it. So lunch is always eaten at my desk.

I have had 3 promises or raises and had none, same for bonuses.

I start a task, he pulls me off it every 10mins then wonders why it takes longer than 15mins to do the task I started in the first place.

I try to simplify things for him, but if he doesnt understand I get the whole lecture of him being a techie for so many years before me. This includes trivial things like clicking self descript buttons and cables to things I’ve told him so many times before.

The list goes on. Sorry its badly written, I just wanted to rant.

ART

Rant away … I’m up to four emails since I wrote that first post 2 hours ago… the joy, the joy. On the latest one somebody elses error is clearly mine, I’m loving this week already, loving it…

Shakey
    Free Member

Surf-Mat – Member

Mine spends too much time on STW and looks the spitting image of me…

Uncanny, mine does too – now if he would only get on with some work instead of playing games, listening to the radio, chatting up office totty….(the list is endless)!!

simonb512
    Free Member

Oooh oooh, I forgot to add I now have to wait for everyone else to have their lunch before I am permitted to go and get mine. Which happens on a daily basis.

Haze

The return of an old favourite.

The building was cold this morning so the heating’s on.

Returns from the shop floor complaining that it’s “too hot up here” (it’s not) and opens the window, the one above the radiator which he hasn’t switched off 🙄

This will happen daily now, until around April or May.

Midnighthour
    Free Member

Boss walks past us down the office to his ‘in crowd’ he lunches with and gives them info in a very quiet voice. Then walks back past the rest of us, telling us nothing so that when we get phone calls and questions we don’t know what the present status of our systems are.

Its mostly women he ignores or other people he thinks also have low status.

sssimon
    Free Member

checks what I’ve posted on STW and other forums

(waves)

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Things your boss does that really annoy you …’ is closed to new replies.