Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 195 total)
  • Things you would like to ban
  • thepurist

Anything calling itself a pie that doesn’t fall within the(*) strict definitions of what a pie actually is.

(*) ie. MY definitions.  Pastry all the way round unless pie is either a pudding (such as Lemon meringue, key lime, banoffee) or a Fish Pie, a Cottage Pie or a Shepherds Pie.

tomd
    Free Member

Religion, then Rangers and Celtic.

Agreed but can you imagine if that lot disappeared overnight? I don’t think the good citizens of New Cumnock would form a poetry group and take up gardening on a saturday afternoon.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Guns
    The military
    The honours system
    Private ownership of Newspaper,trains,busses and all utilities.
    Private landlords,in particular those who pretend they are providing a service and start obnoxious tenant threads(I’m looking at you Tj)
    Mini bonds
    All weapons of mass financial destruction.

maccruiskeen

Christmas
    New year
    Bank holidays
    Charity
    Alcohol fuelled weekends
    Private and public schools
    Cars
    Elite Universities
    Religion
    Plastic
    Pet owners
    Trust fund ****
    Lawyers
    Accountants
    Estate Agents
    The building of more shit modern housing.
    Eurovision song contest
    Po faced joggers/roadies
    Chewing gum on pavements
    Dog dirt on pavements
    UK’s incompetent and corrupt political class
    Tossers walking around in five a side gear in January
    Fat chav molls displaying there tattoos
    Beggars
    Chuggers
    Soap Operas
    Parmos <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    The means test
    The poll tax
    Football and its obnoxious followers
    Golf
    Betting shops
    Britains army of modern little Hitlers.
    All social media
    House builders
    Evans cycles

Do I get a prize for spotting the deliberate mistake?

globalti
    Free Member

On a more serious note I reckon banning of gifts to political parties would do a lot to improve the workings of democracy.

fasthaggis

Glum, miserable ,whining old people that think moving to Scotland will somehow cure their condition.

DezB
    Free Member

WHY? Just WHYYY?

Linked cam above the bed?

Harry_the_Spider

Nazis
    Microsoft One Drive
    Marmite

johndoh
    Free Member

On a more serious note I reckon banning of gifts to political parties would do a lot to improve the workings of democracy.

A wonderful, yet totally unworkable, idea.

Houns

Smoking
    Vaping
    40mphers
    Littering of any kind
    Flying
    Cruises
    People/companies not paying their fair share of tax
    Politicians lying
    Papers lying
    People having more than 1 child
    People posting ‘fake news’ on social media
    Brexit

maccruiskeen

Glum, miserable ,whining old people that think moving to Scotland will somehow cure their condition.

Ohh god yes – people who’ve moved to the middle of nowhere to ‘get away from it all’ only to find the ‘it all’ they were trying to get away from was them. They then get furious at everyone and everything around them for their happiness not happening. There’s a particularly fine example in Dundonnell and theres one absolute corker in Glen Ettive.

jeffl

Dog shit on pavements. Specifically people not picking up their dogs crap and leaving it for me to step on at night. Oh also dog shit in bags up a tree WTAF!

brakes
    Free Member

cars
    – they kill and maim far too many people
    – they dictate the shape of, and dominate our landscapes
    – they make people lazy and fat
    – they and their industry are barriers to progression
    – they are too expensive to provide infrastructure for
    – people don’t realise quite how much their cars have power over them

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Dog owners.

somafunk

narcissistic selfies

(so i guess thats near enough every single selfie taken)

senorj

Politicians lying .
    Litter .
    Troll threads on a Celtic Union. 😉

Dickyboy

Singletrackworld.com

Would solve the uk’s low productivity problems

perchypanther
    Free Member

Commuting to sit at a desk with a computer and a phone.

I have a desk, computer and a phone at home

reluctantjumper

McDonald’s.

They attract the worst of society, their packaging can be seen in pretty much every ditch and hedgerow in the land and encourage over consumption which leads to the obesity crisis we have in this country.

I also struggle to resist them, which is making me lose weight at a lower rate than I want.

I’m in one now 😊

onehundredthidiot

Social media, actual social media (not like here) where people post banalities or propaganda then wait for likes.
    It’s horribly bad for your mental health.

lunge

Smoking. There is zero benefits to anyone who smokes and there is a constant pile of litter generated from it. Ban it, and ban it now.

fasthaggis

Lunge

I see why you are so concerned 😉

Drac

Social media, actual social media (not like here) where people post banalities or propaganda then wait for likes.

NewRetroTom

Private ownership of Newspaper

So all newspapers must be owned by the state and therefore will be incentivised to support it and prop up the ruling party? Seems to be working well in Russia now that Putin has pretty much achieved that objective.

boxxer7
    Free Member

ebikes.

johndoh
    Free Member

ebikes

Or, more accurately, ebikes that cost £11,000

edlong
    Free Member

People trying to impose rules on threads on discussion forums, just because they started them.

And #Brexit

P-Jay
    Free Member

Public sale of fireworks. They’re explosives for forks sake.

For Fawkes sake Shirley?

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Offices. Horrible places and the root of many of society’s ills such as transport/commuting/parking, bad backs/fatties, crappy lunches, Love Island and so on.

DezB
    Free Member

SaxonRider hogging the top 3 slots on the Chat forum

Drac

Melodramatics it’s literally what is wrong with society today, no wonder this country is going to the dogs.

northernmatt

Being sensible : Plastics. The fruit & veg aisle in every supermarket in the land has a small amount of unwrapped fruit & veg next to mountains upon mountains of the stuff wrapped in un-recyclable plastic.

Being silly: people saying Legos for Lego

P-Jay
    Free Member

It’s horribly bad for your mental health.

Agreed, but for me if it meant losing STW I’d accept it.

I think on balance it’s worth a ban, for the things it does to kids heads to the way it mines our data and then sells it to people who can use all sorts of shady shit to make us believe bullshit it’s doing more harm than good now.

It could be policed better, but they won’t, it’s too good a toy for the powers that be for them to want to stop it – it’s the new Tabloid.

johndoh
    Free Member

Plastics. The fruit & veg aisle in every supermarket in the land has a small amount of unwrapped fruit & veg next to mountains upon mountains of the stuff wrapped in un-recyclable plastic.

Is it just me or do all supermarkets now only sell mushrooms in pre-packaged packs? I like them but no-one else does in our house but none of our local supermarkets had anything put the packs when I looked at the weekend – I only want three or four of the things!

Scapegoat

Wheeled suitcases. Especially now we have a 20kg weight limit on the majority of holiday flights. As a species are we really so ducking weedy that we are unable to carry 20kg a few dozen steps instead of dragging the bastard over the noisy stone floor of an airport? If you’re that bloody weak what the hell are you going to do when you get wherever you’re going other than laze around on a beach stuffing yourself silly with stuff that’s going to give you the shits and drink yourself stupid with the all-inclusive pishh the resortt is palming off as cocktails, whilst forgetting all common-sense and frying yourself into a sunburned sack of offal while your kids ruin everybody else’s holiday.

Drac

Is it just me or do all supermarkets now only sell mushrooms in pre-packaged packs?

Morrisons, Sainsbury’s and larger co-ops sell them loose, probably not the only ones.

fasthaggis

the future

ravingdave

Fossil fuels, ban them now. And single use plastic which would by default happen from banning fossil fuels

johndoh
    Free Member

Morrisons, Sainsbury’s and larger co-ops sell them loose, probably not the only ones.

Sainsbury’s (and Asda) in Harrogate didn’t have any loose on Saturday. Shelves and shelves of pre-packed ones though – I was tempted to open a pack and just take what I wanted.

richardkennerley

Bantz

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 195 total)

The topic ‘Things you would like to ban’ is closed to new replies.