• This topic has 33 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Soup.
Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Things you wish had really been invented
  • Soup
    Free Member

Mine’s got to be this . . .

mike_check
    Free Member

a peddle-copter

*edit – not sure if a real one has been done but I’m sure the theory is sound just the consequneces of not using it right, or getting the ‘knock’ are too high for public useage.

djglover
    Free Member

A fixed wheel bicycle in pink with dayglo green rims. Oh hang on 😯

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bruneep

soup…..that will be invented, just you won’t be around to see it.

Soup
    Free Member

I’m only 3. Will that help?

falkirk_mark
    Free Member

Designer labels

samuri
    Free Member

A incredibly complex system of inter-vehicle telemetry where people can ‘ding’ a bad driver. Three dings in a day and he’s restricted to 30mph for the rest of the day. Having lights on the roof to show how many dings you have allocated in any particular day would make it a lot more fun and would make solving traffic accidents a lot easier. Each individual can only ding others say, three times in one day and can only ding another person once. Cyclists get an infinate number of dings to allocate.

samuri
    Free Member

oh, and a fanny magnet, I could do with one of those.

mike_check
    Free Member

You know you’d be on a trip with ya mate and you’d just ‘ding’ em for jokes tho!

DavidB
    Free Member

Samuri.just rub a balloon up and down it and static does the rest

user-removed
    Free Member

Driving invention – please feel free to nick this idea and good luck with the H&S nazis.

A dash mounted button which ‘unlocks’ or disengages the seatbelt ratchet. You know when you get to a T junction at the bottom of a steep hill, and you need to lean forward to see what’s coming – but you can’t, because the bl00dy seatbelt locks up?

I would say steering wheel mounted, but you might accidentally press it during a crash….

Driving invention 2.

No more airbags. Instead, if you crash, a foot long metal spike shoots out of the steering column. Everyone drives slowly, accidents a thing of the past. Genius.

zaskar
    Free Member

These 2:

epicyclo

Unobtanium

RepacK
    Free Member

Bic fekking biro – that bloke made a mint!

puppypower
    Free Member

A machine to feed a baby in the middle of the night without you having to wake up

AndyP
    Free Member

A machine to feed a baby in the middle of the night without you having to wake up
    already invented. I have one.

Stoner
    Free Member

A netbook with a slide out slim smart phone like a razr (but less rubbish). The phone can piggy back the battery when docked and provides a HDSPA internet connection to the netbook either docked or in the pocket via BT, seamless skype video calling from phone or netbook webcam, uses just one sim card.

molgrips
    Free Member

A machine that makes sandiwches. You load it with bread, butter, cheese, ham, chocolate spread etc which it keeps refrigerated. Then you just come down, select a filling and out pops a sandwich.

Stoner – that really neccessary? Your phone can stay in your pocket/jacket unobtrusively anyway when you are using it connected to your laptop, so what advantage would there be being able to stuff the phone in the laptop?

Stoner
    Free Member

not sure. when I invented it in my head a few months ago there was a really good reason, but I cant remember what it is now. 🙂

mogrim

I need a lightsaber.

nukeproof
    Free Member

Something that can let us explore the other bits of the universe without having to be in stasis for thousands of years…a Millenium Falcon will do; that seemed quite nippy.

RustySpanner

Everlasting pint.
    Washable/replaceable liver.

molgrips
    Free Member

a Millenium Falcon will do; that seemed quite nippy.

That only travelled at light speed. Still pathetic for interstellar distances. It’d still take five years to get to the very nearest star at that rate, never mind cross the Galaxy (as he suggests in the film 🙂 )

samuri
    Free Member

I thought (and I can’t believe I’m starting this discussion), that the millenium falcon was capable of entering hyperspace. It’s not about speed, it’s about finding shortcuts in space.

J0N
    Free Member

[geek mode]did the MF not do ‘point 5 past light speed’? that would only be 3 years [/geek mode] 🙂

takisawa2

An Audi driver thats not a total ****.
    That would be unique.

Yes, knobjockey A4 estate driver, I mean you. Thanks to leaving both **** gate’s wide open half a dozen nursery children nearly wandered onto the A461 this morning you ****.

nukeproof
    Free Member

😆 STW Star Wars geeks

What about a Star Destroyer: more roomy for those long haul trips but a pain to park?

jimmy

I thought of rapid rise a year before shimano announced it. Not that its anything to sing about, but I did.

Harry Potter. I wish I’d thought of wizard kid novels. And Tetrapaks. And Dart / Smoke magics. Beige tyres? Of course they were uber-cool.

samuri
    Free Member

http://encyclopedia.wizards.pro/index.php/Millennium_Falcon

Looks like it can do nowhere near the speed of light, but it can travel through hyperspace faster than other shipos because of it’s space/time warping properties.

samuri
    Free Member

Harry Potter. I wish I’d thought of wizard kid novels

there were wizard kid novels around long before Harry potter and there were childrens books around that are way better than Harry Potter long before JK was even born, it’s just she went to a publisher with a magnificent marketing team.

jimmy

yeah i get that bit…

stumpy01

HOVERBOARD – I always wanted one. Well, after I saw BTTF II.

While at uni I thought up a hand drying system that used air knives to dry your hands (while on work placement at a place that used air knives to dry cans)…..kept meaning to build some prototypes etc. but was always to busy/lazy/forgot about it…….then a couple of years ago was reading the times and see that Dyson has made one and he reckons the globabl market for hand dryers is £65M……oh bugger.

samuri
    Free Member

A sci fi writer (I forget which) also had the idea of using air blowers to clear car/plane/helicopter windscreens, I reckon that’s a goer too now.

Soup
    Free Member

Like the idea of Samuri’s Car Ding idea. If I had a prize he would win it. Sadly I don’t.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Things you wish had really been invented’ is closed to new replies.