• This topic has 145 replies, 93 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 146 total)
  • Things you think are normal, but other people don't?
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Commuting on a foldie.

DezB
    Free Member

sound to me like pink shirts are pretty normal. The only bloke who wears them in my office is a knob, so I won’t be joining in.

CHB

Most of my shirts have pink in them, it suits my flushed complexion after cycling to work.
    They were a novelty in Yorkshire a few years ago, the stylish italians i work with now reckon that I should move onto lilac and mauve rather than pink.
    I also love my Lamy fountain pen so pretty normal by the standards of this forum.

Dancake
    Free Member

Not having one of those smartphone dodahs.

shooterman

Spending more than a couple of hundred quid on a bike.

Pink shirt here too.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That’s decided then. From now on, it’s officially going to be

STW Pink Shirt Tuesdays!

maccruiskeen

Trolling trawling for middle aged men in the late hours of the evening
    FTFY

He was right the first time. Trolling is polari slang, it means ‘to walk effeminately’, or ‘to walk, seeking sex’.”[5] Trolling can be used almost interchangeably with cruising[6]

Annnnyway, back on topic. I think its completely normal to pay for goods (not in the sense above) with a handful of material that is 80% currency of the realm and 20% sawdust.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Having no desire to have be in a relationship………..ever.

Bunnyhop

Hold on a moment!
    What are we wimmin supposed to wear? Shirley not blue!

mudshark
    Free Member

I had a pink shirt once – the result of an unfortunate meeting between my white shirt and my Gran’s red bra.

Some people seem to find it odd that I get chatting to people I don’t know, say if I’m on a plane I’ll generally start chatting to someone sitting next to me. I just get bored really but it’s not what the English do apparently.

Spin
    Free Member

Skiing at night.

Making my sandwiches in the staff room instead of at home – you’ve got no idea the amount of comment this generates.

Carrying my bike up big hills.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bunnyhop – Member
    Hold on a moment!
    What are we wimmin supposed to wear? Shirley not blue!

Pink. There’s nothing sexist about STW Pink Shirt Tuesdays, thank you very much.

🙂

nbt

I’m not allowed to wear pink. I’m not allowed to wear “sunshine colours” as they don’t suit me, I have to wear “earth colours”. 🙁

thegreatpotato
    Free Member

As folk have mentioned above, people I know think I’m not normal because I don’t:
    – own a car;
    – own a 4-foot, widescreen, surround-sound, flat-panel, 3D, mega-telly (nor have more TV’s in the kitchen and bedroom);
    – own a wi-fi’d, 3G, GPS’d, touchscreen, multi-mexapixel camera’d smartphone;
    – drink alcohol.

And do:
    – share a 1-bedroomed flat with four bikes;
    – cycle, run or walk to get places, whatever the weather;
    – continue to ride bikes even though I fall off them with regularity;
    – read books;
    – use correct grammar and punctuation in txt msgs.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

ATM

Spin
    Free Member

ATM

What’s unusual about that? Lots of people get their cash in that way. 😉

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Riding round the hills by the house on the way to work.

Riding round the hill in the middle of town on 1st break.

Riding round the other hill in the middle of town on 2nd break.

Riding round the first set of hills after work.

Having energy to work perplexed my colleagues.

Tiger6791

Substitute ‘tool’ for cable. Should you ever need to connect a Psion 5 to a 1967 Corvette or plug an MRI machine into a ZX Spectrum, I’ve probably got the correct cable somewhere, or sufficient ‘ends’ to make one up.

Like it

edlong
    Free Member

How the heck has this thread avoided the gutter ?

I’m keeping my answer to myself

yunki
    Free Member

cider and intravenous cocaine for brekkie and masturbating every time I shower..

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

showering in the evenings as opposed to the morning.

i shower once every 24 hours, you shower once every 24 hours. meh.

theotherjonv

I had a pink shirt once – the result of an unfortunate meeting between my white shirt and my Gran’s red bra.

I find grannies in red bras pretty odd. Although I’m guessing if i type that into google with safe search off I’d find it’s relatively common place.

fasthaggis

Watching Grayson on telly (all in the best possible taste)and thinking what a lovely program,while at the same time,knowing that very few people at work tomorrow will have watched/get it.

Ah well 🙄

MrOvershoot

hungry monkey – Member

showering in the evenings as opposed to the morning.

i shower once every 24 hours, you shower once every 24 hours. meh.
    Me too, during the day I do physical stuff & I don’t want to go to bed all sweaty, bit like people who brush their teeth before breakfast and not afterwards??

gribble
    Free Member

Smelling farts. Normal.

Lighting them is my party trick.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Not drinking alcohol.
    Everyone assumes that I must have had a drink problem at some point and had to give it up. I haven’t.

The one that present company will probably find the weirdest is I get really bored watching mountain bike videos, downhill, uphill, trials etc. Can watch about two minutes then I’m bored of it just leaves me completely unmoved. I can watch a road race from start to finish though. Actually even I find that a little odd but there you are!

Just thought of another one. I like to shower before i go out for a long ride, naturally I shower when i get in too.

Cougar

Mate of mine doesn’t drink. The number of people astounded by this simple concept is incredible.

donsimon
    Free Member

Mate of mine doesn’t drink.

What, like anything? 😯

odannyboy
    Free Member

Not being the slightest bit interested in football. Some people just can’t compute that

Ditto here.family and work collegues are mad on it…..why?

mrjmt
    Free Member

Standing up to wipe.

joao3v16
    Free Member

Things that I’ve found make peoples heads explode:

– I’m not interested in Football (or ‘Racism’ as it’s better known at the moment).
    – Alcohol doesn’t have any meaning/significance/importance to me.
    – I don’t use a Face Book.
    – I don’t ****. Or Twit. Or whatever it’s called.
    – I cycle to work even if it’s raining.
    – I cycle nowhere in particular. Even if it’s raining.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Mostly been said, but:
    – walking/riding instead of driving
    – never having owned a car by age of 40
    – no interest in football
    – wearing same clothes for 10 years
    – making own lunch every day instead of buying it
    – often going weeks without alcohol

Not eating animals.
    Not using drugs, legal or otherwise.
    Not owning a television.
    Taking my bike in to shops. If I need to check prices or just pick up a small item, I’ll take my bike in to Halfords or B&Q rather than lock it up outside or drive or walk.
    Taking the long way home when I finish work at 1am and it’s a nice night.
    Cycling further than I drive in a year.
    Hub gears.

wombat

mrjmt – Member
    Standing up to wipe.

This is completely normal!!!!

BlobOnAStick

Taking my bike in to shops. If I need to check prices or just pick up a small item, I’ll take my bike in to Halfords or B&Q rather than lock it up outside

Is that odd? I’ve wheeled my bike around Tesco’s before now – I feel more odd walking around in cycle gear without a bike close by!

The security guy stops me when I try in Tesco, although he does let me park it inside the shop by where he sits.

BlobOnAStick

I’d get rather gristley about that if it were me – I’d point at all the prams/pushchairs, wheelchairs and trolleys going in and out and ask why not.

Mind you, leaving the bike under his watchful eye means you have both hands free to shop.

D0NK

MTG

Not using drugs, legal or otherwise.

paracetamol/athletes foot cream etc (easy)? antibiotics/anticoagulants etc (not so much)
    just wondering not having a dig.

D0NK

I’ve wheeled my bike around Tesco’s before now – I feel more odd walking around in cycle gear without a bike close by!

I’d point at all the prams/pushchairs, wheelchairs and trolleys going in and out and ask why not

might give it a go

Donk, yeah, I should have said recreational drugs.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 146 total)

The topic ‘Things you think are normal, but other people don't?’ is closed to new replies.