Viewing 31 posts - 161 through 191 (of 191 total)
  • Things you just don’t get
  • MrSmith
    Free Member

the Love affair with the motor car.
    Especially when people pay a huge chunk of their monthly income to borrow one and sit in traffic jams.
    I’m quite mystified by looking at the national average wage and then the cost of a warmed up saloon with ‘sport pack’ ever so similar to your neighbours. It just doesn’t make sense to me.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Poopscoop

The whole lip plumping thing or whatever it’s called. Why, just why?

reeksy

Threads that go to more than one page. It’s … i dunno… has someone already said this? I couldn’t be bothered to check.

Rona

Luckily we’re all different eh.

sockpuppet – this, absolutely.

I suspect a common reason we do what we do – even if it seems absurd to others – is because it feels good at some level. If make up &c. works for a person, then … great. It’s just not something I can personally relate to as a means of feeling good.

tj – again, refreshing.

kiwijohn

nicko74

1x anything. Bikes have had perfectly functional 3x and 2x setups for decades now – they work well, they offer an incredibly useful range of gears and so on. So how is taking away a chainring and compensating with dinner plate sized sprockets progress of any sort, or desirable in any way?

I recently had to use my old HT after the FS was in the shop for a bit. It reminded me about everything wrong with a triple on an MTB. Promptly got rid of the lot from that too, so all my bikes are 1x now & tubeless
    The gear range these days is more than adequate & you’re less likely to drop a chain or get chain suck.

hols2
    Free Member

Coleslaw. WTF is with eating raw ****ing cabbage because it has a fancy name?

jason88
    Free Member

On a par with the Koppaberg/Magners/Stella Cidre-drinker who claims the same of real cider.

Or the Kraft cheese-slices fan who turns his nose up at real cheese because it ‘Smells, and has scaley bits, and tastes like dead feet. Sometimes even has fungus on it!’**

Sounds yummy!

SaxonRider

The whole lip plumping thing or whatever it’s called. Why, just why?

Good call!

I would extend this to all forms of botox. Most people that do it make themselves look like corpses prepared for an open-casket funeral.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Motorbikes. Mate of mine did 260 miles on saturday, I think I’d rather go to **** ikea than spend all that time driving and end up back home. He seems pleased with himself though.

Mothers who stand waiting to cross the road with the buggy already on the road, WTAF?.

Folk who have massive, slobbery, smelly dugs.

Cars that make banging/popping/venting noises.

McDonalds, the blandest, dullest food ever. I’d rather eat my mothers overcooked pork chops, and they were **** rank.

nickc

Those of you that don’t get real ale:

Hobgoblin is made by Marstons, who in May this year are merging with Carlsberg, suggesting that Hobgoblin is about as far away from real ale as Fosters is from lager.

jason88
    Free Member

I would extend this to all forms of botox. Most people that do it make themselves look like corpses prepared for an open-casket funeral

Wrinkle-free corpses I have to say 😀

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Hobgoblin is made by Marstons, who in May this year are merging with Carlsberg, suggesting that Hobgoblin is about as far away from real ale as Fosters is from lager.

Maybe they tried some on draught years ago?

I get your point though. See also people who ‘don’t get real cider’ because they bought a bottle of Westons ‘Old Rosie‘ From Tesco – whilst a perfectly cool, clear Dabinett blend poured from straight the barrel still remains to be enjoyed/dismissed.

thebibbles

Definitely this. Why does anyone want to look like they can be stuck on a window using their lips or like they’re a real life character from The Riddlers?

joemmo
    Free Member

Jetskis. Celery. Those strips of decorative fabric that hotels lie across the duvet. Cruise holidays. Horse racing. Tattoos.

Stigheed

Caravans.

The fashion for messed up eyebrows that look like they’ve been badly drawn on with marker pens

Pretentious perfume ads on TV

Plus one for stand up paddle boards

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Grown men who play Lego.

belugabob
    Free Member

Grown men who play Lego.

Particularly the modern Lego, which requires less imagination or design skills, as they simply involve following the instructions, to build a specific vehicle/structure

#oldgit

sockpuppet

Grown men who play Lego.

Or, as I like to spell it, “parents”.

thebibbles

Decorative cushions on beds

dmorts

Caravans.

See also Motorhomes.

downshep

Sectarianism, all a bit People’s Front of Judea.
    Earlobe expander hoop thingies, your grandchildren will disown you.
    Judging other people’s bike choice. Chill, no one is forcing you to ride their fat / gravel / e-bike.
    Working class Tories, literally self defeating.
    Trailer tents, worst of both worlds.
    Why fork steerer tubes and stems don’t have laser lines etched on them to assist alignment.
    Why the best sleep is after the alarm goes off.

tjagain

fork lockouts. I never use them.

bonzodog
    Free Member

Smoking.
    Phone zombies.
    Parents who swear in front of their kids.

rhayter

Electricity.

MoreCashThanDash

Those strips of decorative fabric that hotels lie across the duvet

Oh yes, I mean, just, why?🤯

IvanDobski
    Free Member

How useless estate agents are. “Oh look Samantha, this house has got a rear garden and a basement the size of the house footprint divided into three rooms, each with power, lighting and flooring – should we take some photos of them for potential buyers to look at?” “No Tarquin, let’s not **** bother.”

seadog101

People who spend eye watering amounts of of money on cars that are ‘Sports’ cars, which are basically a 4 door saloon or estate with a big engine and stiff suspension.

sirromj

People who have expensive tastes in cars, mobile phones, clothing, mountain bikes, but buy their food from Aldi or Lidl.

rockandrollmark

Why seat tubes and seat posts are round and not square. When would you ever want the nose of your saddle to sit at anything other than 0 degrees?

montgomery
    Free Member

I don’t get whoever had crimped out a massive turd slap bang in the middle of singletrack on the Syfydrin trail on Tuesday. Forewarned by the ribbons of soiled toilet paper as I rounded the corner, I managed to avoid it, dense clouds of flies buzzing up round me, but somebody probably got a face full.

Viewing 31 posts - 161 through 191 (of 191 total)

The topic ‘Things you just don’t get’ is closed to new replies.