Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 251 total)
  • Things you find completely incomprehensible…
  • DezB
    Free Member

Never slipped on leaves in over forty years.

I fancy you’ve never ridden QECP on a damp autumn day! Get Houns up there, I say. (not now, obviously, wait until September. Ta)

scc999

People that cannot spell understand or still.

So you can’t comprehend such a thing as a typo?  Or I could have been  dislexic (I’m not, it was a typo).

Thanks for reinforcing my point by proving you don’t understand what incomprehensible means though.

scc999

Actually, on the subject of spelling and the like…

Something I don’t get at all is people typing in a dialect (for want of a better term).  I get people shorting words in text speak (seems daft outside of texting, but hey).  So using m8 instead of mate.  But making up spellings so they look like the way YOU pronounce the word just doesn’t make sense to me.
    Typing “polis” instead of “police”.  Or “reyt” instead of “right” (or if you must, why not use “rate” or “reet” depending on what it is you’re trying to say – to ne honest I’m not 100% sure on  that one).

So, yeah, making up spellings for no good reason – I find that genuinely incomprehensible.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Some people write online in a kinda phonetic text so what they’ve written is less likely to appear in automated search results.

funkmasterp

2 hours solid today to clear leaves, pine needles, half devoured pine cones, cut grass, hedge clippings, uprooted Himalayan balsam, sawdust, wood chippings, and other brush cut debris. Happily sit and watch you use a broom but I would leave you once it gets dark

Yeah, I’m not a gardener so I’d just be leaving all that shit where it was. Don’t understand the need to move it

dmorts

Typing “polis” instead of “police”

I can help with that one, quoting from here:

The Polis is a govrenment organization that is gien speicial leecence tae enforce thair govrenment’s laws agin different kynds o wrang-daein. Polis men speirs oot thiftdom or murthers an wairds heich-gates an ceeties for tae mak siccar that fowk daesna gang agin the law. The biggin thay wirk in is for ordinar cried a polis station.

dmorts

Raw onions in a salad.

dmorts

Grated Mozzarella

DrJ

Mozzarella.

senorj

That B.J. will be the Prime Minister of the UK.

willard

The police in Sweden are called Polis. Could those people be talking about crimes in Malmö?

mariner
    Free Member

Seagulls
    Press fit bottom brackets.

Houns

Why anyone would buy a house on a main road

Why anyone would sit in a pub beer garden right next to a main road

whitestone
    Free Member

Southerners. Well not the people but their accent, completely incomprehensible.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Tailgating lorries like the chap on the A508 this afternoon. So close he had to keep braking despite the lorry not doing so. No visibility, no chance of overtaking, absolutely moronic.

andy8442
    Free Member

Boris and Trump.

akira

The human mind, just watched the latest Hellboy movie and now thinking back my mind has retconned Ron Perlman into it. I know it’s not quite what the thread is about but interesting anyway.

muddy@rseguy

Algebra.

Pheasants.

People who stand still on Travelators (thereby failing to experience the “1000 leagues boots” effect)

Ant and Dec

Mister-P
    Free Member

https://www.bewater.com/product/magic-water-kids/

26 quid for a water bottle with some pebbles in it.

CountZero

Magic water. W. T. A. F!

mickyfinn
    Free Member

I like Adventure but I’m not drinking it’s piss even if it was free…

northernsoul

What are the odds that someone will resurrect this thread in 5 years time with the response “people who resurrect old threads” 🤔

Caher

The Tate Modern.
    People who need to emphasise they don’t like football. (Picked last at school?).

somafunk

40000+ gun related deaths in the USA last year yet the nothing gets gets done due to NRA lobbyists………and I see there has been another mass shooting earlier today…..utterly incomprehensible

alpin
    Free Member

People writing “none c when they obviously mean” non”…. Happens far too often for it to be a typo, especially when the “e” is an added extra.

Did they not learn about “magic E” in primary school?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Motorbikes.

Know a guy, in his late 50s, always been single, only rides a motorbike, all year round, whatever the weather.

I get that, totally, makes sense for him, no one to drive around.

But mid life crisis types that wheel them out on sunny days? Lacking skills, busy roads….

handybar
    Free Member

All heavy metal except Napalm Death.

poah
    Free Member

40000+ gun related deaths in the USA last year yet the nothing gets gets done due to NRA lobbyists………and I see there has been another mass shooting earlier today…..utterly incomprehensible

another one today – 9 dead in Dayton. The only way to solve it is to arm everyone apparently. God Bless America.

thepurist

People walking along on their own using their phone on speaker mode. The apprentice candidates looked like dicks when they did it, and that ain’t changed.

And folk who edge toward red traffic lights as if its going to make them change any quicker. Doubly so when they crawl away really slowly when the lights actually do change.

Cougar

I’ll wager they’re the same people who come flying out of side roads with nary a care for traffic already on the main road, then dribble along at 20mph.

jimw
    Free Member

Taking selfies. Especially selfies with ‘celebrities’.

johnners
    Free Member

People writing “none c when they obviously mean” non”…. Happens far too often for it to be a typo, especially when the “e” is an added extra.

Did they not learn about “magic E” in primary school?

joshvegas
    Free Member

E-sports

I can understand playign computer games but its not my bag

I can understand the competitiveness of playing computers against others

I can understand travelling to compete with others

I can see the attraction of all the above if you get paid or get prize money.

BUT WHAT KIND OF WEIRDO WANTS TO WATCH OTHER PEOPLE PLAY COMPUTER GAMES

Cougar

can understand playing football but its not my bag

I can understand the competitiveness of playing football against others

I can understand travelling to compete with others

I can see the attraction of all the above if you get paid or get prize money.

BUT WHAT KIND OF WEIRDO WANTS TO WATCH OTHER PEOPLE PLAY FOOTBALL?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

People who need to emphasise they don’t like football. (Picked last at school?).

No, I did play for the school on one occasion (but probably only cos the PE teacher thought I was awesome at kicking a ball round the yard) trouble was, come ‘match day’ our opponents were a team from Durham & there was a lad playing who I knew from the ice rink so all we did was stand around yapping about ice hockey & I never got picked again.
    I don’t think football as incomprehensible though.
    It’s just a shite game played mainly by tarts.

joshvegas
    Free Member

BUT WHAT KIND OF WEIRDO WANTS TO WATCH OTHER PEOPLE PLAY FOOTBALL?

No argument from me!

But they’re not really the same are they. Watching football is equivalent to watching the fingers on the esportspersons hands nailing the trianglesquareLR combo or whatever finger athletisism is required.

I’m not saying its wrong you understand i just can’t comprehend the concept.

Caher

Played football, boxed and played rugby for local and university teams and I’m pretty sure I’m not a tart.

Watty

People.
    Selfish pricks.
    ‘I’m all right jack’ selfish pricks.
    Selfish pricks that think just because you like something that they don’t, you’re somehow odd.
    Ordinary people who see their world changing around them, and STILL vote Tory.
    People who are too lazy to find out why.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Kate Tempest.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

this guys job

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 251 total)

The topic ‘Things you find completely incomprehensible…’ is closed to new replies.