Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 251 total)
  • Things you find completely incomprehensible…
  • cheekyboy
    Free Member

Fisting

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

22 men (?) kicking a ball around.
    Riding a bike on roads only for ‘fun’.
    McDonalds.
    People who drive like theyr’e in Wacky Races at 06.30.
    Children. (shouldv’e been at the top)
    Nutjobs who think people with a different political stance are ‘idiots’, (lost count on here)

Sorry but at my age my list is just about endless.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Fisting

As the fister or the fistee?

cheekyboy
    Free Member

As the fister or the fistee?

Either

northernsoul

Oh and retractable dog leads.

They make a good retractable washing line once your canine friend has departed to the big cat in the sky though 🙂

sirromj

People who scratch their ass and upload it to Strava as an ‘activity’.

garage-dweller

Durian fruit chocolates. WTF was someone thinking putting that filthy abomination into a chocolate coating and disguising just for a microsecond it’s vile hideousness and eternal aftertaste.

Just wrong.

Wrong.

Hideous.

dazh

Reality.

We know it exists because we’re here, and we can see it, feel it, smell it, and even detect it with clever devices like radio telescopes and things. But it’s still just electro-chemical signals in the billions of neurons in our brains and trillions of connections between them that somehow interprets all this. In fact if you mess around with your brain with various substances then reality changes. How can we trust it? And if we can’t is any of it real? I can’t even comprehend what reality means let alone whether it exists.

On a lighter note, I don’t understand why people want to buy kettles connected to the internet.

RustySpanner

I’m with you on net kettles.

Music snobs – it’s all just noise……🙂

People who re-enact the most boring periods of history. Vikings, Romans etc I can understand, but those who choose to sit in a hut made out of grass and cowshit whilst eating nettles? Please.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Baked beans

faerie
    Free Member

People +1

@dazh
    reality +1 Truths are subjective and facts have a half life, meaning half of what you think you know is untrue… But you don’t know which half.

wordnumb
    Free Member

The number of coffee shops on the average high street, artisan or otherwise.

Kuco

CCTV footage. In the age of ultra hd,5k cctv footage is always grainy and blurred.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

The number of coffee shops on the average high street, artisan or otherwise.

This + many!
    I was back in my home city of Durham last week, It’s all fancy coffee shops & eaty places now! (& those chavvy smoke inhalation accessory outlets)

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Knighthoods, people referred to as a national treasure.

sargey

Why someone would tell my wife and her friend who were sat outside our house to stop looking at him or he would punch their heads in.
    Please help me find him!!!!

northernsoul

t’s all fancy coffee shops & eaty places now

I’m not sure that’s recent though, and it’s not surprising given that the cathedral is a UNESCO world heritage site (= lots of visitors) and there is a large student population for much of the year. I don’t mind too much as long as there are enough local businesses to not spoil the character…

neilthewheel

^How we can base our economy on making each other cups of coffee. It’s not going to end well.

CountZero

SUVs in general, 99% of them never go off-road, more than 80% of new ones on sale today were never designed to go off-road. They’re pointlessly big on the outside, inefficiently small on the inside and every part of their design is at odds to good car design.

That’s because you’re entirely missing the point of an SUV/crossover – they’re NOT supposed to be an off-road vehicle, and quite a few are 4×4’s, the point is to make a fairly compact car with reasonable load space but a higher seating position for the very large number of people who don’t consider themselves to be Surfmatt or a driving god from Top Gear! I have got into a saloon car, where the seating position meant I was just looking over the top of the steering wheel! And I’m 5’10”!
    People want cars they can get in and out of easily, not have to crawl out, or need someone to help them get out of the car. This is why Ford USA are no longer producing saloon cars, apart from the Mustang, which is a sports car. I find getting in and out of my Octavia increasingly problematic these days, my next car will be an SUV, probably a 4×4; who knows, with the right tyres, it might even venture off-road!

CountZero

Gilets. Warm your torso but you still have cold arms.

No, there are many, many occasions when it’s cool enough to want to keep your torso warm, but with a long-sleeved jacket or top the sleeves would be pushed up, so a gilet avoids stretching the cuffs.
    I’ve got a Fox Racing gilet I bought in Chamonix back in the late 90’s, it’s possibly an item of clothing I’ve worn the most, because it’s perfect for conditions when a tee shirt isn’t enough, but a jacket or sweatshirt is too much, both indoors or out.
    Maybe you never venture outside your living room to need such an item…

shinton
    Free Member

Vegan Porkless pies and scotch eggz.

Watty

The ‘Joni Mitchell’ housing plan for most of the U.K.
    ‘Pave paradise and put up a parking lot’.
    Build BUILD Build

nickc

Mansplaining to people about why they find some things puzzling, is wrong…

forzafkawi
    Free Member

Leaf blowers

Flaperon

that **** who insists on sitting in the alotted seat number on their ticket on an otherwise empty train, even if it means sitting next to me or asking me to move!

Could be that they know the train is going to get busy at the next stop and don’t want to move again?

Conversely, people who put their bags on the seat on a moderately busy train in the belief that it’ll stop someone sitting next to them. It won’t, because I sit there solely to piss them off.

Crisp eaters on trains. Actually, anyone who eats crisps outside of their own home generally.

People who clink their cutlery against the plate.

“Enthusiastic eaters” – you know, they enjoy the food so much they almost throw it into their mouths.

Slow walkers.

People whose football team is their entire identity (they’ll often use “we” in this regard).

Brexiteers.

DezB
    Free Member

Mansplaining to people about why they find some things puzzling incomprehensible , is wrong incomprehensible.

ftfy

scc999

People that don’t undestand what the word incomprehensible is.

So, whilst I don’t condone theft in any way I can stil comprehend why people steal.

I find it really annoying when people put their bags on a train seat and leave it there as the train fills up -, but I assume it’s to stop people sittign there or they are simply oblivious.  Again, not incomprehensible.

Now, the appeal of watching Love Island, I’m a Celebrity etc – to me, that is incomprehensible.

Si

wordnumb
    Free Member

Watty sed > Build BUILD Build

I find it incomprehensible that nobody has successfully challenged the oft-repeated claim that building houses will solve the housing crisis, when those with the money are still buying them as investments while those who previously couldn’t afford a home still cannot, and developers aren’t going to build at a rate that causes prices to drop.

I’m off to Starbucks wearing my Sunday-best necktie to give it some serious earnest discussion with anyone using a fancy laptop to browse facebook.

Houns

Leaf blowers? Come work with me for a day, I’ll use a leaf blower and you can use a broom, see how long you last

mooman
    Free Member

Cricket.
    Tattoos on face.
    Overtaking dangerously in a car – to get one or two places in front in a queue.
    Still whinging about Brexit.

funkmasterp

Leaf blowers? Come work with me for a day, I’ll use a leaf blower and you can use a broom, see how long you last

Or just leave the leaves where they are. Moving them at all just seems silly. Inventing a blower to do so is just even dafter.

yiman
    Free Member

Armchair “experts” who think they know better than vastly qualified and experienced experts.

yiman
    Free Member

Latte art.

taxi25
    Free Member

Or just leave the leaves where they are. Moving them at all just seems silly. 

Maybe they need to be moved from paths and pavements so elderly people (or anyone) don’t slip on them when they get wet.
    I find it incomprehensible that you didn’t think of this 😉

funkmasterp

Maybe they need to be moved from paths and pavements so elderly people (or anyone) don’t slip on them when they get wet.

Never ever seen anyone using a leaf blower on a pavement. Just idiots blowing them around gardens and driveways. Never slipped on leaves in over forty years. I stand by the fact they’re a ridiculous invention.

falkirk-mark

Drivers that accelerate hard on a single carriageway to then hit their brakes when they get to within 50 metres of a slower car (Hint, take your foot off the accelerator when it is apparent you are catching up)

richmars

Patio heaters. (apologies if someone said them already) It’s the outside. Put a coat on.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

People that don’t undestand what the word incomprehensible is.

People that cannot spell understand or still.

spanishfly
    Free Member

Christmas decorations erected in November

Houns

Leaf blowers aren’t just for leaves. I’m a gardener on an 80 acre private woodland estate, I’ve been using a big backpack leaf blower for 2 hours solid today to clear leaves, pine needles, half devoured pine cones, cut grass, hedge clippings, uprooted Himalayan balsam, sawdust, wood chippings, and other brush cut debris. Happily sit and watch you use a broom but I would leave you once it gets dark. They’re also good at getting a fire going like a rocket engine

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 251 total)

The topic ‘Things you find completely incomprehensible…’ is closed to new replies.