Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Things you feel overly anxious about for no good reason…
  • the-muffin-man

Today is car MOT and service day.

I flippin hate car MOT day. And especially that ‘has it passed’ call I’ll be making this afternoon.

It’s not really the money – I have the money to cover most problems. It’s that I see it as a waste of money. Money that can could be used on fun stuff.

If it comes out under £300 I’ll feel I’ve got lucky!

😐

anagallis_arvensis

Theresa May. Have to wake up again in a weeks time, check the news and then realise again how utterly **** stupid everyone is.

Kryton57

Current weight gain.

spud-face

Had that on Tuesday, so I empathise. Thankfully my little Colt sailed through (bless you stw for banging on about Japanese cars) but I spent the day in limbo waiting for the call. Speshly as my oppo at work was stung for £800 on his five year younger fiesta last month.

This week I’ve hired some scaffold to paint the house and cut some roof vents; the anxiety paralysed me for the first few days but finally got started yesterday and managed to not fall through the kitchen roof. Now procrastinating before I set up at the front of the house and have a day of strangers telling me how they’d do it. Arseholes.

Good luck

# edit # to clarify, arseholes don’t make me (abnormally) anxious, people who watch me work do.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Everything at the moment.

mikey74
    Free Member

Life.

anagallis_arvensis

Current weight gain

No pudding for you 😆

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Gaps.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

The thought of doing 10 day shifts 0700-1500 and 1330-2130 in a row from next Wednesday 7th June till Saturday the 17th June without a bloody day off.
    I hate day shifts, much prefer my night shifts and so does my bank account.

On the plus side 12 weeks till Greece and today is new bike day.

DezB
    Free Member

Job interviews! If you’re right for the job and you have the skills, why would you worry about talking to someone about this. Always find them such an ordeal. In fact, I’ll probably stay in a job I hate, just so I don’t have to do anymore interviews 😥

bikebouy
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis – Member
    Theresa May. Have to wake up again in a weeks time, check the news and then realise again how utterly **** stupid everyone is.

Yeah, agreed.

But not everyone.

SaxonRider

I look for any excuse to be anxious. I am currently on my way back to the UK from Ukraine, and you should have seen me before I left home! I am not a nervous flyer, and there is no aspect of my journey that especially worries me. Indeed, I have spent most of my life travelling. But the existential malaise I feel before the actual trip begins? I could be in a Mastercard commercial.

loddrik
    Free Member

Until recently it was my daughters secondary school choices.

Long term I am always a bit anxious about bowel cancer. I’ve had IBS for 20 years which would likely mask some of the symptoms. Plus my diet is shite and always has been, far far too much processed meat.

MoreCashThanDash

I find 20mg of Citalopram makes it all seem ok…. 🙄

Sundayjumper

I flippin hate car MOT day.

Same. An ingrained reaction from my younger years running old bangers, when the worry wasn’t “will it pass”, but “how much welding will it need in order to pass”.

It must be 15, maybe 20, years since I’ve had a car fail an MOT badly, so it’s unwarranted, but I still get The MOT Fear every time.

tang
    Free Member

Too many things. A few that crippled me some years back.

iamtheresurrection

I don’t spend hours awake thinking about it, but I don’t like that our combo boiler is in the kitchen, directly beneath our bed upstairs. Totally irrational.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Typically trivial things. Major things often aren’t so much of a fuss.

scud
    Free Member

Going through customs and being followed by a Police officer in car, done nothing wrong, but still feel guilty, same as walking out of a shop without buying anything past the tills!

core

deadkenny – Member

Typically trivial things. Major things often aren’t so much of a fuss.

This, I can do big stuff no worries, I tackle things head on and methodically, just get them done. Small, trivial, basically insignificant things that really aren’t very important at all, anxious as hell, spend days thinking about tiny purchases, awake at night, scrutinising choices etc.

Currently agonising over whether I should buy an airgun off a friend or not, it is excellent, and really cheap for what it is, and I’ve wanted one like it for a while, can afford it, but even so……..

freeagent
    Free Member

I don’t spend hours awake thinking about it, but I don’t like that our combo boiler is in the kitchen, directly beneath our bed upstairs. Totally irrational.

So is ours – I’d never really worried about it until now.

Long term I am always a bit anxious about bowel cancer

Same here, especially as my younger brother died from it at 36.

binners

Being caught in the crossfire between rival gangs of Mexican Bandits while on the way home
    Being bummed by coked up Gibbons
    Dying in a flaming fireball as a meteorite strike turns the world into a molten liquid hell

The usual stuff

Oh… and cheese. I’m often anxious about suddenly developing an allergy to cheese. Can you imagine?

djambo
    Free Member

whether anyone will get planning permission for a bovis estate on the field opposite our house!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Letting out a gentle far before a day of meetings and knowing the next one could be considered chemical warfare….

Oh… and cheese. I’m often anxious about suddenly developing an allergy to cheese. Can you imagine?

It’s OK binners what Greg’s calls cheese isn’t actually cheese.

aracer
    Free Member

Bugger, was going to say everything, but MOT is due next week, so I’ll add that to the list having been ignoring it. Should get off my arse and at least get some new tyres first.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

My girlfriend is lactose intolerant. We still sometimes bake a camembert and then talk through the toilet door for the rest of the night

jon1973
    Free Member

Somebody bought me a book a few years ago called Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff. It’s supposed to be very good, and helps you put things into perspective.

I worry that I haven’t got around to reading it yet, and that I am worrying about things unnecessarily.

thenorthwind

I get the MOT fear badly too. I thought of it as soon as I saw the thread title.

It was yesterday for. Warranted in some ways in that the quote for repairs makes the car not, but a) I half-expected it, b) the car owes me nothing (bought for £350 3 years ago), c) I never liked it and was looking to change it anyway.

Still a whole day of fidgeting wondering what the outcome was 🙄

Rang the garage at 5 o’clock. Lady in the office told me the mechanic would give me a ring back, but there was a refusal certificate sat on his desk 🙄 🙄

Yup, throwback from when £100 bill was a major financial setback, or when I had a car I cared about enough to take failure as a personal insult 8)

the-muffin-man

Just made the call…

…it sailed through! (’09 CMax) Just an advisory on de-laminating number plates.

MOT, oil change, filters, good check over etc. – £160.00

😀

Bunnyhop

Going to the dentist. Even a check up, or the hygienist.

cokie

For those stressing about the MOT..
    Once the car is in the garage you can periodically check this site; https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history

It’ll update instantly once it’s officially passed/failed it’s test.
    My last 2 MOTs have passed and I could see the result 2 hours before the garage called. If it fails you can start making plans/provisions as you can see failures & advisories.

spud-face

Congratulations!

grum
    Free Member

Phone calls.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I used to fear the MOT man, now it’s someone else’s problem, send the bill to the boss.

Once I sheepishly booked an old Golf in, bought the cheapest on Autotrader, great start, 3 weeks MOT left, even better.

Waited and waited – finally I saw one of the mechanics heading towards the waiting, yeah before he came he one of his mates shouted “[Gosh, and don’t be rude] John, has you SEEN the state of the floor in that golf ha ha” “Yeah mate, it’s scrap, poor sod” with that he opened the door and put on his best ‘customer facing’ voice and said “Mr. Jones? I’m afraid there’s a few issues”.

I left after he gave me a polite warning to not drive too recklessly or it may snap and begged my super-welder mate to fix it, which he did 🙂

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Gone are the days in the Shipyard when a £10 MOT could be bought for £20 without anyone seeing the vehicle from a guy who acquired a book from a friend of a friend, and those that would go through the ball ache of swapping over 4 wheels for MOT day then swapping back to there worn tyres. This happened but I did not use either of these facilities 🙂

choppersquad
    Free Member

Buying or selling a second hand car.
    Will it break down when the new owner drives it home?
    Will it break down when I bring my ‘new’ car home.
    That and hairdressers.
    Still can’t look at myself in the mirror when they’re cutting it.
    Mumble “it looks great” and leg it!

wordnumb
    Free Member

I’m anxious about replying to this thread, doing so may expose my weaknesses to my enemies.

wilburt
    Free Member

Is my eyesight fading
    How many of my own teeth I have left.
    Is my fading memory the start of dementia.
    How can I pay for my daughters education.
    How will my kids get homes to live in.
    Will my wife find out.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

On the way to the gym, haven’t a clue why, by the time i get in there i’m a nervous wreck.

globalti
    Free Member

Kids playing next door or in the street make me nervous; we’ve had some bad neighbour problems in the past so this is the current phobia on which I focus my anxieties. Ridiculous. Wish I knew how to deal with it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Things you feel overly anxious about for no good reason…’ is closed to new replies.