Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)
  • Things you did as a child that you now regret?
  • jekkyl

Once as a child, maybe about 10/11, my mate and I were mucking about in an indoor market and I pushed my mate into an old lady. We both ran off but walked back 2 mins later and she was sat down with a stall holder crying. I hate myself as a child for doing this and wish I could go back in time and say sorry or stop myself doing it, what a horrible kid.
    I went on a shop lifting spree when I was 16 and got nicked and cautioned by the police, lied to my parents etc, not proud of that either.
    I was bullied quite severely by 2 people in particular at secondary school and neither of them have apologised but I think if I had of been the bully I would have apologised as an adult, espicially as everyone is easy to find on FB.

If you feel like sharing, what did you do bad?

DezB
    Free Member

Similar thing – walking back to school past a bus stop with a bunch of OAPs waiting quietly for a bus – I went round the back of the bus stop and banged on the plastic sheeting! Bastard!
    (Must admit I just had a chuckle, so I’m still a bastard kid at heart). My friends did tell me off at the time, but it was a bit wrong.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Similar thing – walking back to school past a bus stop with a bunch of OAPs waiting quietly for a bus – I went round the back of the bus stop and banged on the plastic sheeting! Bastard!

I did the same thing a few weeks ago. Except it was to a work colleague who had his back to me in the ‘smoking shelter’ outside work. He really crapped his pants!
    At 57 you’d think I’d have grown up.

DezB
    Free Member

How jolly irresponsible and childish of you 😆

yunki
    Free Member

Drugs.. I haven’t taken drugs for a very long time, but started at a very tender age and progressed to have a huge and unhealthy appetite..

My complete disregard for any kind of moderation led to some awful predicaments and some deep emotional and physical scars.. Sometimes now when I look at folk who led less complicated lifestyles I am envious of the simplicity of their outlook and impressed by their ability to function and achieve..

Also when I was 6 or 7 years old me and a mate used stones to smash every pane of glass in a large building just down the road.. I think this had quite a profound effect on my mum and stepdad’s relationship with me.. It felt ace at the time though..

spooky_b329

Woke up one morning and created what I now know as singletrack by riding round the lawn repeatedly and skidding. Mum was devastated when she saw it as was winter and would take ages to fix!

Tiger6791

Probably shouldn’t admit that on a forum

passtherizla
    Free Member

edited as a little too personal.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Not worked harder at school – sad but true.

Hohum
    Free Member

Started a 25 year addiction to nicotine 🙁

toppers3933
    Free Member

Only one thing springs to mind but I’m not brave enough to share. Needless to say extremely ashamed of it and I mentally apologise for it whenever i think about it. The other person has now passed away. I’m not my own biggest fan at the best of times but that is something I despise about myself. Sorry so critic.

BoardinBob

A slightly long one, that I’m still ashamed of…

At secondary school I quickly worked out that joining the choir got you out of classes for “practice” so I signed up. We were doing a christmas concert and we’re at the church for practice. Some other kids were up singing and I was sitting in the pews. I found some little slips of paper you could fill in with a message for the minister…

About a week later I arrive home from school to find my mum with a face like thunder. A sound thrashing was delivered and the story unfolded…

My best mate lived at number 1 in our street and I lived at number 7. On the Sunday afternoon the doorbell rings at my mates house. His mum answers the door and discovers a minister on the doorstep with a big bunch of flowers. He asks if this is my mates house, his mum says yes and out of a sense of obligation invites him in and offers some tea and biscuits. General chat follows and then the minister asks the mum if my mate is at home. Now my mate is massive. He’s 6ft7 now but even back then around 16 he was well over 6ft and he played volleyball. The day before he’d injured his back in a game.

So the minister asks if he’s at home. His mum says he is at home, but he’s in bed and he’s in too much pain to get out it. At this point the minister bursts into tears. The mother asks what’s going on…

The minister tells her that a few days ago a concerned parishoner had left him a note explaining that my mate was dying, only had weeks to live and had turned to god in his final days, so the minister was visiting as a result of that.

It took them about 3 days to put the pieces together, identify my handwriting from school work and then inform my parents. 😳

brakes
    Free Member

plenty that I wouldn’t want to admit on a public forum! I probably put a few girls off boys for life…

on cub camp, two of us bought watches. I took mine in the sea and it broke. when the other lad was in the shower I stole his and replaced it with mine.
    I was quite glad when it also broke a couple of weeks later as it meant I didn’t have to wear the guilt anymore.

heisenberg
    Free Member

Must have ticked all the boxes as a stupid kid and teenager and young adult, i am deeply ashamed and try to cover and battle these memories all my life as an adult.. I seek forgiveness to those that i can and i have to dig hell for the rest.. When webster define the word “evil” in his dictionary he probably took a glance on me.

ton

got in trouble as a teenager, which ended with some time being locked up.
    I learned my lesson. 😳

MSP

Yeah I got locked up as a young man. Still paying the price 20 years later, amazing how much work you are restricted from for youthful mistakes, despite an exemplary record since.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Not chopping up my stupid father and his appalling second wife and eating them.

With a nice Chianti.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Wouldnt it be a great tv show, where a chap writes a list of all the people he’d wronged in life and went back to correct the mistakes… I know, lets call him Errol?

mightymule
    Free Member

Ohhh, lots of things that I am excrutiatingly ashamed of. Lokking back, I was a fairly vile child / teenager / young adult 🙁

Pigface
    Free Member

I was really mean to the family cat when I was about 8 or 9 didnt understand why the cat wouldnt play like a dog. Shamefull 😳

lucien

I rode my bike in full Altura Gear, slowly and when I reached a set of lights pushed my way to the front and then rode off slowly when they changed. I don’t do it so much now, but wonder how many I may have influenced with this sort of behaviour….

footflaps

At infant school I persuaded my best friend to burn the school down, as I’d been told off by a dinner lady and made to stand in the corner of the playground for 10 minutes. He duly obliged but luckily all he managed to do was burn a tree down next to the school building. The Police etc were involved and I denied everything and got let off, so he took the wrap for arson.

However, many years later I saved his life in secondary school when he was choking and going blue on a gob stopper in a Chemistry lesson. The teacher didn’t know what to do and I explained the heimlich manoeuvre, which was quite mew at the time. The teacher applied it and hey presto the gob stopper and a load of blood came flying out of his throat and he lived. I like to think it cancelled out the arson.

DezB
    Free Member

I rode my bike in full Altura Gear

As a child?

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

I made a load of crop circles in a field in Hampshire in the early 90’s.

footflaps

I made a load of crop circles in a field in Hampshire in the early 90’s.

You’re an alien? What planet are you from?

enfht
    Free Member

I did something very stupid with a crowbar when I was 14 which completely changed my life for ever.

I was nasty to a girl who was far too good for me and who’s no longer around. (not related to the crowbar incident).

And too much LSD.

samuri
    Free Member

As a child, the one that sticks in my mind was when we were throwing gravel at people’s windows and running off (no intention of smashing, we just thought it was funny). We threw a (in retrospect – too large) stone at a friend of my mum’s house and it put the window through. this big, huge pane of glass.

We crapped ourselves and ran and hid. Later the police were there. I was terrified at the time about getting caught but worse than that, my mum’s friend was absolutely terrified it would happen again. She was a woman who lived with her daughter alone and she was nervous about being in the house along for ages afterwards. I felt so bad about it.

As a young adult, errm, well I did lots of bad things that I regret but they were often the result of a particularly torrid mental state that has gradually declined, thankfully. I guess they’d call it bi-polarity nowdays. I was very difficult to spend any time with.

Needless to say I pissed off a great many people.

carlosg
    Free Member

Went on the rob with a mate aged 13 , stole a vespa and rode/trashed it over 3 days before we got caught.we were sentenced in juvenile court £300 each in compo to the owner 24 hours in 2 hour slots at an attendance centre(1hour intensive gym 1 hour talk on why being a crim is bad) and 8 points on a licence I wouldn’t get for another 3 years.

My mates mum paid his £300 I paid mine at £5 a week with paper round/gardening money , it taught me a lesson or at least cost me money . The mate carried on the same way and his parents continued to bail him out till he ended up locked away when he was 17 , I kept out of trouble as I couldn’t afford it.

spchantler
    Free Member

regret losing my virginity to a girl who shall remain nameless, and not her sister…oh and a moderate amount of drugs, wonder where i’d be if i never took mushrooms at age 9 (accidentally) 😳

johndoh
    Free Member

I’d like to say this is a regret but it’s not…

Aged 14, being a pillion passenger on a Honda C90, ridden by a mate with a full leg cast on. We rode the wrong way down the hard shoulder of the A1 near Boroughbridge with no helmets on at midnight, then we walked (or in his case hobbled and limped) into the service station to collect midnight munchies for the sleepover we were having at a mates place. I have never consumed that amount of Pernod and Black ever, EVER again since…

🙂

stumpy01

ti_pin_man – Member
    Wouldnt it be a great tv show, where a chap writes a list of all the people he’d wronged in life and went back to correct the mistakes… I know, lets call him Errol?

It’s already been done, but his name was Earl, I think….. 😀

I sometimes wish I’d been a bit less sensible in my youth and had more fun. You can’t get away with as much as an adult.

Alex

Growing up 😉

samuri
    Free Member

Growing up

When are you going to do that then?

freeagent
    Free Member

Not shagging Laura or Caroline, even though it was being offered on a plate.

piemonster

Allowing my primary school teacher to put me back in maths due to him refusing to believe I’d progressed as quickly as I had.

I learnt a lesson that day, not the one he intended. Never bothered again until adulthood.

I’m still bitter.

Alex

Growing up

When are you going to do that then?

Don’t rush me. I’m only 46. Some people are having their second childhood. I’m still waiting to get out of my first!

khani
    Free Member

Rape pillage and murder, metaphorically.. Ish…

wukfit
    Free Member

swimming into the egg!

curiousyellow
    Free Member

My Dad had a habit of checking all the doors and windows were locked and every single light and power switch was switched off (apart from the fridge) before he went to bed. I’d wake up in the middle of the night, go downstairs, switch the light in his office on and open the window in it and go back to bed. In the morning I’d wake up and see Dad switching the light on and off with a puzzled look on his face. He even called an electrician in a couple of times to see if something was wrong with the light.

I’ve never admitted it to this day, but he’s had the last laugh because I now wander around my house doing exactly the same thing!

JAG

Hmmm I did break into a neighbours shed and wreck all his gardening kit…

erm all the other stuff I did was a bit lame 🙁

I regret not having a bit more fun – maybe 😈

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘Things you did as a child that you now regret?’ is closed to new replies.