Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • Things you can't believe DONT exist….yet
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

Free Money and a robot to do my job.
    We have to waste life working when we could be doing fun stuff.

spot
    Free Member

captainsasquatch – Member

A tool for getting the peanut butter (or whichever spread is of fancy) that is left in the bit of the jar just below the neck where the jar widends.

my dad uses this
    not a spec of nutella left in the jar when he’s around

tom200

A universal wheel size.

funkmasterp

Free Money and a robot to do my job.
    We have to waste life working when we could be doing fun stuff.

You, sir, would get my vote for world leader.

Cougar

Having just got back from a spa,

Push-button controlled public showers that run for several minutes when you push the button rather than fifteen seconds.

See also, service station taps.

Daffy

Potable tap water for anyone, no matter which country you are from and are currently in.

Very weird.

miketually
    Free Member

Efficient batteries for the home which you could charge from a wind turbine or solar panel/tiles then draw on at night/still days eliminating the need for a grid connection.

Tesla?

bex
    Free Member

Tangle-free hosepipes. I can’t believe we can send people into space but can’t invent a hose that unwinds and winds without kinking.
    And no, those fabric corrugated things don’t count, they’re not long enough.
    BTW I’m also quite sane (except when having to roll and unroll hosepipes)

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Some way of connecting laptops to TVs etc. that just. bloody. works.

leffeboy

Potable tap water for anyone, no matter which country you are from and are currently in.

and free rather than ‘owned’ by those nestle ****

slowoldman

Potable tap water for anyone, no matter which country you are from and are currently

Along with proper toilets too. Those two items are the best guarantee of public health.

sadexpunk

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

An internet forum which is easy to post pictures, quote and keep you logged in….

oreetmon
    Free Member

Instant coffee in the likes of co$ta etc. Not everybody wants a Triple, Venti, Half Sweet, Non-Fat, Caramel Macchiato..

Although I’ve never been in that type of place.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

starbucks do filter coffee… its cheap as well

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

job that pays me what I’m worth.

I’m actually a fan of the minimum wage legislation and would not wish it away

mikewsmith
    Free Member

aside from the HDMI cable? or Chromecast?

Tangle-free hosepipes. I can’t believe we can send people into space but can’t invent a hose that unwinds and winds without kinking.

\
    Got one, it’s thicker and doesn’t kink just costs more

An actual cure for baldness.

Clippers and embrace it

Been to a few places with good integrated transport and it does just break the british brain.

So for me a method to break the brainwashing/conditioning of the “it will never work” brigade. The negative comments around electric cars (it won’t drive me to the alps cause I do that twice a week), banning plasitc water bottles among many things.

slackalice
    Free Member

Superconductors that can operate at ambient temperature.

newrobdob
    Free Member

The ability to know if a fart is going to be safe or not, so you know when to really go for it without risking having to buy new pants.

maccruiskeen

A tool for getting the peanut butter (or whichever spread is of fancy) that is left in the bit of the jar just below the neck where the jar widends.

25 years ago me and my student housemates were speculating that the next logical step in human evolution would be a tongue that reach the last bit of Baileys that seems determined to cling to the bottom of the glass.

Still waiting.

maccruiskeen

banning plasitc water bottles among many things.

When I’m King (still waiting for that too), you won’t be able to put a 6 pack of 2 litre bottles of water in your supermarket trolley without instantly triggering the earthquake, civil war or 4 day boutique festival that you’d actually need them for.

allan23
    Free Member

A ‘gerber’ style multi-tool that doesn’t have a blade attached.

Why the blade? It’s of no practical use and classes the tool as an offensive weapon.

Gerber used to do one, Cool Tool. I think they’ve stopped now, still have mine from the 90s. They were damn good.

A sensible working culture where everyone doesn’t spend half their salary going to somewhere miles from where they live to spend all day doing something they don’t like to then spend ages going home again.

Shirley there has to be a better way of having a working economy that doesn’t need an increasing population to snarl up towns and cities with pointless journies.

flashinthepan
    Free Member

Packaging for scissors that you don’t need scissors to get into

aracer
    Free Member

https://xkcd.com/927/

A proper network of car free cycling infrastructure in the UK

sweepy
    Free Member

Whats even weirder about this is that in the places where it exists people insist on having water from plastic bottles or leaky water coolers because it isn’t good enough.
    Rather than an earthquake alarm when someone buys bottled water i’d have a teleporter to send them straight to Africa where they can walk twenty miles with a **** bucket on their head to get a drink of thin cowshit.

perchypanther
    Free Member

A sensible working culture where everyone doesn’t spend half their salary going to somewhere miles from where they live to spend all day doing something they don’t like to then spend ages going home again.

This.

Everyday I walk out of my bedroom, past a warm office with a super comfy chair and good, reliable internet connection, out the door and into the cold and wet to drive for 40 mins and sit on an uncomfortable chair in a cold draughty office with a patchy internet connection.

Why?

mikey74
    Free Member

– Practical cars that don’t rely of fossil fuels that are affordable for everyone.
    – Fusion-based power.
    – Completely renewable energy-based grids for all developed countries.
    – Student loans available for those who already achieved their first degree 10-20 years ago.
    – Fresh water for all.
    – Efficient train services.
    – High capacity, national grid electricity storage.

cheese@4p

It’s not tight when it’s £40.00 per kilo! By weight it’s probably the most expensive item in the supermarket

Not quite TESCO saffron is £5000 per Kg

hot_fiat

An “anti-microwave” that cools things very quickly.
    In the same vein “anti-radiation” that renders nuclear waste safe.
    A method of escaping earth’s gravity that doesn’t require sitiing on top of a glorified firework.

cheese@4p

Cancer cancer

ransos
    Free Member

sane females

The end of misogyny.

sirromj

The end of misogyny.

But what about all the men who so wish for it to succeed?

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

@CountZero

Just out of curiosity, what do you use your penknife for?

I can’t envisage a situation where it would be useful for cycling or as having any outdoor/ camping use…way too small for cutting up firewood, etc.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

bex – Member
    And no, those fabric corrugated things don’t count, they’re not long enough.
    BTW I’m also quite sane (except when having to roll and unroll hosepipes)

Don’t release water pressure before winding it up, & pressurise it before unwinding, it won’t kink assuming you have some sort of water pressure.

CountZero

Just out of curiosity, what do you use your penknife for?

Well, there’s all sorts of packaging that’s impossible to tear open, cutting zip-ties, I’ve used a regular Opinel for hacking overhanging brambles away when out walking, all kinds of everyday stuff. Even things like trimming a broken fingernail, to prevent it catching and either ripping right off or just the sharp bit scratching me.
    I’ve carried a pocket knife since I was a child, I even used to take one to school, I could sharpen my pencils far better than using a pencil sharpener.
    It’s just a natural thing to carry, I can’t imagine not being without one, my dad always carried one that he used to whittle whistles and stuff when we went out walking in the countryside, I have a pocketknife that belonged to a relative who had it on him when he was killed at Arras in 1917, at age 20, the wear on the blade clearly showed he must have used it everyday since he was a kid, I now use it, that knife is around a century old, and keeps a great edge.

pictonroad

A bloody cure for colds! Total waste of a weekend sitting on the sofa managing my face. Get better already!

Cougar

Don’t release water pressure before winding it up, & pressurise it before unwinding, it won’t kink assuming you have some sort of water pressure.

Don’t you then end up with a hose full of stagnating water?

what do you use your penknife for?

I got a Swiss Army Knife as a leaving present after my first IT job in the mid 90s. I thought at the time, “that’s lovely, but I’ll never use it.” It’s subsequently had almost daily use for twenty years.

Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘Things you can't believe DONT exist….yet’ is closed to new replies.