Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)
  • Things wot you have learned today
  • Jamie
    Free Member

I have learned I have spent a lot of time on STW today…..I mean more than usual. Might have to take a little break next soon.

scaredypants

I learned how to make windows 7 PCs network together:

You have to reinstall everything – remember to fail at every hurdle, including driver and BIOS 😯 updates. Next, run out of time and go to pick up the kids from school. On returning you’ll see that pixies set it all up for you and all you have to do is join the workgroup (something the previous 2hrs failed to deliver despite repeated tries).

😀 🙄

steve_b77
    Free Member

Once a Project Manager realises they’ve made an epic booboo it suddley becomes the teams fault, the feckless eejit 😈

sharki
    Free Member

Directly south of here back in deepest darkest Somerset. Is the place 300metres to the right of where i first slept, right at the beginning of a little walk early last year.

Davesport

That circular saw’s can’t cut through a Black & Decker workmate 😯

crikey
    Free Member

Carotid sinus massage for SVT is reminiscent of the ‘these are not the droids you’re looking for’ jedi trick.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

That having a popped rib is quite painful;
    that going to my gym between 8 and 930 is a nice quiet time to go (even if i hate working out in the morning and i have to work late to make up my flexi time);
    that sweet potato must be cooking for 22mins in my oven, no more or less; and
    being single sometimes has its drawbacks *in need of a hug*

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Oh and that it is impossible to train 6 days a week, work 5 days a week (plus over time that i don’t get paid for) and have a tidy flat, despite my best efforts.

DGOAB from under a pile of washing and dishes.

thegreatape
    Free Member

What vajazzle is.

twinklydave

People will park like idiots, then, when you have to park like an idiot because of it (thus making it ever-so-slightly difficult for them to get past at anything other than the speed limit), they will get all grumpy.

I also learned (well, re-learned) that I can get wound up by idiots… 🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

Like Jamie I realised that I spend far too much time on forums so will try to take a break… soon.. ¬_¬

all you have to do is join the workgroup

Yep I think all you need to do is make the homegroup accessible by everyone on the LAN and then it’ll work 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

*offers hug to DGOAB*

I’ve learnt that you are the female me.

TSY (ignoring the mess until the weekend)

slimtubing
    Free Member

that waiting for builders to come cannot be either rushed, or hastened by calling them names while they are still absent.

scaredypants

_tom_ – Member
    Yep I think all you need to do is make the homeWORKgroup accessible by everyone on the LAN and then it’ll work

You are a pixie, yes ?
    Mere mortals can’t make that change – I tried for 2hr
    (please can I have my leopardskin posing pouch back ? – you’ve had it for 10 years now)

WTF
    Free Member

That the Catholic church finally agreed in 1992 that the planets and sun don`t revolve around earth.

rob2
    Free Member

My boss is an overpaid c@@@

But I probably knew that before

GW
    Free Member

at 7.45 this morning I learned some sign language from a 6yr old and some Spanish from a 4yr old

Jamie
    Free Member

rob2:

*words about stuff*

Is that a wise thing to write on a public forum, what with your real name being in your profile?

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

*accepts hug and joins TSY in leaving the mess for another day in favour of tv and the sofa* 🙂

flip
    Free Member

I like Jack Daniels lots 😉

leffeboy

That the price you see on expedia seems to depend on now you get there (eg through liligo) or which version of the site you use (.be or .co.uk). I wouldn’t mind if it was just a little different 🙁

jonb
    Free Member

You can make an epoxy from an alkene using metachloroperbenzoic acid.

I’m sure I used to know that, it seems familiar.

So, since graduating 6 years ago I’ve forgotten more chemistry than most people will ever know.

donsimon
    Free Member
    Taff
    Free Member

I can’t return my mrs or get a refund

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

that working on BMWs are shit, boring crap, motorway plopping, time wasting cars and i would rather work on lada’s!

Junkyard
    Free Member

job centres are very hot

Waderider
    Free Member

I learned how to analyse indeterminate structures using matrices.

yunki
    Free Member

I have learned a little bit about waves and the differences between objects and processes this evening..

Punk_Drummer
    Free Member

That no matter how many times you tell them something is going to cut their head off you will always get one idiot who thinks its a good idea to walk towards a spinning aircraft propeller.

and that I can move kin fast if needed to.

chilli
    Free Member

I learned how to roll pastry onto a rolling pin and then unroll it onto the top of a pie to form the lid,much easier than the way i have been trying to do it for years.

Woody
    Free Member

I’ve learned that all plastic tyre levers are useless and large chicken breasts take a very long time to cook in a frying pan when left whole.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Carotid sinus massage for SVT is reminiscent of the ‘these are not the droids you’re looking for’ jedi trick

Run out of lidocaine?

I’ve learnt that we don’t need the moon.

_tom_
    Free Member

You are a pixie, yes ?
    Mere mortals can’t make that change – I tried for 2hr

I haven’t done it for a while but I’m sure all we did was google it and follow some simple instructions. It even worked to transfer files from my pc to a mates macbook.

BoardinBob

Today I learned that the dozen or so cyclists that sailed past and ignored me as I was trying to change a puncture, are absolute pricks. This also includes the guy who works in the same building as me who quite clearly saw me pushing the bike to the office with a puncture, and completely ignored me. I hope all your next bowel movements feel like you’re trying to squeeze a pineapple out.

downshep

My new cat, eats, sleeps and farts much more than I do and can lick his own bits.

I’m coming back as a cat.

Jamie
    Free Member

Like Jamie I realised that I spend far too much time on forums so will try to take a break… soon.. ¬_¬

…I thought it was just me. Reckon I will take a holiday over at reddit for a week on monday 8)

zokes
    Free Member

…that nitric acid won’t dissolve biochar even after boiling for 8 hours, and whilst Aqua regia reacts quite violently with it, it doesn’t dissolve it either….

captaincarbon
    Free Member

Thursday patients in Minehead are very smelly.

Harry_the_Spider

Equipped only with a Swiss Army knife I can change both of the gas spings on the hatch of The Mighty Vectra in about 5 minutes.

That I’m fully done with snow and am probably going to force my wife to take the job in Vegas so I can not wear long underwear for the rest of my life.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘Things wot you have learned today’ is closed to new replies.