Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Things which you’d still like changed with the new forum
  • hungrymonkey
    Free Member

links which open a new tab/page, instead of taking you away from stw. i use a laptop, and therefore have no middle button. its a bit annoying…

coffeeking
    Free Member

You dont need a preview button, you have an EDIT button that most people begged for with the last forum. Preview does nothing useful, you can read your text in the initial box and if your formatting comes out wrong just edit it.

As for the “go to the last page link” request – doesnt that happen if you just click on the freshness of the post on the main forum?

clubber
    Free Member

“On the forum if you click on the ‘freshness’ link it takes you straight to the last post on that thread”

true but if you’re in your profile threads view, you can’t do that and it always takes you to the first page.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

for a new tab from a link just hold CTRL before clicking

Lanesra
    Free Member

Some sort of rating/trustworthiness thing for classifieds would be good. For e.g. I’ve only been a member for a couple of weeks and have sold a load of stuff already to people who don’t know me bar a made up user name and email address.

I’m sure most people on here are trustworthy but, just like real life you’re going to get people coming on just to rip people off

clubber
    Free Member

Lanesra – that’s unlikely – in the past, the stw management have explained that they don’t want to do that as they’re not trying to run a classifieds section as a business – it’s just something that’s there for convenience for us lot. Getting into buyer ratings then would suggest that stw is in some way responsible for the transactions that go on (just look how much everyone complains about ebay) which understandably they want to avoid.

As ever, you can get some idea of how trustworthy people are on the classifieds by looking through their history.

tomdebruin
    Free Member

I’ve just updated the profile page to include a link to the latest post. 😆

clubber
    Free Member

Brilliant – thanks Tom – particularly when on the mobile phone, that makes a big difference.

aracer
    Free Member

I’ve just updated the profile page to include a link to the latest post.

Ta!

aleigh
    Free Member

Thanks Tom 🙂

MartinGT
    Free Member

Avaters, a proper index so when you open “forum” there different topics are mixed up.

or

PHPBB tbh 😉

acjim
    Free Member

[*]No avatars ever please
    A better search function – I can’t find anything anymore
    [/*]

redthunder
    Free Member

Yes to Avatars
    Yes to PM
    Yes to Preview

Basically Phpbb3

acjim
    Free Member

So what is the benefit of an avatar then?

grumm
    Free Member

I’ve just updated the profile page to include a link to the latest post.

This feature appeared and has now disappeared for me. 😕

Olly
    Free Member

classifieds sorted by last posted, not last replied.

no avatars please, but mugshots might be nice.

Ilike Lanesras classifieds rating idea, but perhaps it could be added into the profile page? along with the avatar.
    could have simple ratings buttons on all posts to denote trolls, who may then have thier font size halved so they are less disturbing

or am i over complicating this

(font size plummets)

freddyg
    Free Member

No avatars
    No sigs

But I would like a link at the end of a thread (e.g. next to ‘skip to top’) to take me back to the forum. Vary handy for reading the forum on my phone, while on the bog.

Other than that, I like it as it is.

And did I mention no avatars/sigs?

bruneep

Sellers…no offers in the classifieds, state a price please.

samuri
    Free Member

no to avatars. proper search function would be nice. Sometimes I’ll post something incredibly hilarious or inflamatory and want to look back on a saturday night to see how many people though I was ace or hated me.

aracer
    Free Member

So go to your profile page and click on the thread.

nickc

No Avatars, no sigs, can’t be arsed with all that shite, they add **** all. Other than that, works for me.

Oh yeah, and get rid of all the previously banned numpties.

aracer
    Free Member

Can I just add PMs as something I’d like given you oviously listened to my first request.

i use a laptop, and therefore have no middle button

CTRL-left click also works.

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Things which you’d still like changed with the new forum’ is closed to new replies.