Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Things to do near Pickering with 2 year old.
  • ollie
    Free Member

We're going on holiday near Pickering this week and was wondering what would be good to see and do in the area with a 2 year old.
    Bikes are banned on this holiday so Dalby is out of the question for a quick escape.
    So far I've got Flamingo land, Eden camp, Whitby, York, Etc. But are there any little nuggets that people really enjoyed and would recommend.

Also how do people find camping with a toddler?? I'm worried about it being very light very early and Ollie junior waking up at 5am everyday.

wors

I wouldn't bother taking the little un to eden camp, lots of reading and stuff. When we went i walked around while the mrs and jnr played on the little park they have there. Whitby is spot on, as is flamingo land.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

He should enjoy this – but you have to buy tickets beforehand… A bit further afield, but probably only 1hr 30mins from Pickering

But I second Flamingoland – loads for a little 'un to do there too.

aracer
    Free Member

I'm worried about it being very light very early and Ollie junior waking up at 5am everyday.

It's light well before that – I'd consider 5am a lie in.

fatboyslo
    Free Member

Ride on the Steam Train out of Pickering,

Scarborough Sea Life Centre,

Clambering on the White Horse near Sutton Bank, and watching Gliders take off… you can get real close

ollie
    Free Member

Thanks everyone for the input so far, MF That looks quite intersting and worth a visit thanks.

aracer- Do you think I should blind fold him 😉

joemarshall
    Free Member

Flamingo Land is awesome. You should go on the wild mouse (or is it crazy mouse, can't remember) – scariest rollercoaster in the country, just because it is so shonky and horrible. It is a real laugh. Bit expensive to take a toddler to though maybe, given they can't go on the good bits. If you're looking to go on a rollercoaster yourself, don't bother queueing for mumbo jumbo (the new ride) – it is dull, and not as good as kumali or the one with the motorbikes.

The forbidden corner is awesome, although I don't know if a 2 year old would get any more out of going there than just going to a park?

Lots of great picnic places on the moors. There is a nice ice cream place somewhere near there too, some small village, maybe it had a castle, can't remember exactly.

Joe

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Thanks everyone for the input so far, MF That looks quite intersting and worth a visit thanks

I am looking forward to when our girls are a bit older – certainly going to be taking them there (only 30 minutes from our house)

The forbidden corner is awesome, although I don't know if a 2 year old would get any more out of going there than just going to a park?

That would be my only worry, but as long as he is enjoying himself, it is a great place for the adults anyway. 😉

TheSwede
    Free Member

Flamingo land is awesome 🙂

midlifecrashes

Not very near Pickering, but worth a mention for anyone with under 10s. It's out in the sticks in Lincolnshire, so maybe for another trip. Best place I've ever seen for the under 5s, utterly useless to kids over 13 or so. Once saw Clarkson in there looking utterly miserable.

Sundown Adventureland

GillyC
    Free Member

You can use Tesco club card vouchers for Flamingoland?

wors

We used clubcard to get in flamingoland.

molgrips
    Free Member

We camped with a 14 month old recently. Waking up early was not an issue for us (she woke at normal time mostly), but going to bed was. Every time she was about to nod off someone'd make a noise, a dog would bark, someone would drive a car past filling the tent with light etc etc.

But then ours is the type that's super interested in everything so any stimulus is bad news at bedtime.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Things to do near Pickering with 2 year old.’ is closed to new replies.