Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Things to do in Shetland. On a thursday
  • skidartist
    Free Member

Got a days work to do this week in Lerwick then a day off before getting the ferry back. Not planning to take a bike (unless I’d be mad not to). So whats recommended for an evening in the town and a day on the main island? On a thursday in October?

And what survival tips do people have for the interminable ferry trip?

imnotverygood

And what survival tips do people have for the interminable ferry trip?

Make yourself throw up before you get onboard. Or look on it as a big adventure & stand on deck in a pair of shorts & T-shirt

skidartist
    Free Member

🙂

Actually, although the work is in Lerwick theres no need to stay there for the evening – anywhere other/better than the bustling capital for an evenings food / swally?

iht4
    Free Member

ferry trip is ok. head for the bar – the rest of the trip is easy.

food – monty’s
    try the lounge for some drinks if you are lucky some locals in playing some music.

sights – in lerwick,not sure there is enough for a whole day! the museum, wander round the harbour, look through the few shops, clickimin broch and possibly the sands of sound/voe of sound.
    http://www.shetland-museum.org.uk/
    http://shetlopedia.com/Sands_O’_Sound

outside lerwick – you really need your own transport – I would say either right to the south – sumburgh head, Jarlshof and especially St ninians isle.
    or head right north to Eshaness & have a wander round the cliffs.

fingers the weather is good. scenery is fabulous when the sun shines!!

good luck and hope you enjoy.

Iain

skidartist
    Free Member

will have the van so travel not a problem. Of half a mind to even kip in the van if I find a nice locale

iht4
    Free Member

you can camp at the tombolo at st ninians, or there is a nice wee sheltered place ( car park at beach just before the cliffs) at the south end of cunninsburgh or I am sure you can find somewhere at eshaness! you won’t find much nightlife about though!!!

🙂

b1galus
    Free Member

great for a whizz round on the road bike, on a thursday night there should be some good fiddling in lerwick if you like a bit of traditional music with some good ales, for some reason there are lots and lots of spare women up there

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Things to do in Shetland. On a thursday’ is closed to new replies.