• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by pondo.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Things to do in Sardinia
  • pondo

Hello friends, wondered if we could plunder the hive mind once more – Mrs Pondo and I are off to Sardinia this summer and wondered if the collective had any tips for things to see and do? We’re flying into the top right and staying top left – thanks in advance. 🙂

honeybadgerx

There’s some ace mtbing there! There’s also quite a cool cave you can visit up in the hills (can’t remember the village it’s near now), I think it’s the biggest ‘tourist’ cave in Europe? Was certainly well worth the tour round. I’d say make sure you visit some of the central areas, once you get in the hills you’d think you were in the Pyrenees rather than a small island in the med. If you do get out biking/walking try and hunt out some of the Nuragic archaeological sites. Apart from that, enjoy the food (maybe pass on the casu marzu though)!

disco_stu
    Free Member

If your in the northern part I’d go to Castelsardo, Stintino for the beach and Neptune’s Grotto. We stayed in Alghero, which is also worth a visit as it’s a lovely walled town.

wonnyj
    Free Member

You can go on a guided walk in the hills and then eat loads of assorted pig produce around a roaring fire.
    Boat trips off the north a lovely too.
    Enjoy

lucien

Sooooò…. you are going somewhere nice and warm, with your partner, on holiday and you are asking “what you should do” – I would have thought it was a bit obvious…?

hooja
    Free Member

Rent a (self drive) rib boat for a day or two at gulf de orosei (about £100 eu a day) and enjoy heaven…. boat only access beaches, warm turqoise water, ace snorkelling etc. Then spend your evenings eating enormous amounts of cheap, delicious food at proper agro tourismos…. I love Sardinia!

sharkbait
    Free Member

Get a hire boat (as above) and a picnic and drive out La Maddalena islands – the best bit of Sardinia I’ve see so far.
    We did a sailing holiday there and 6pm (when the tourists go home) and 7am are absolutely magical.

Oh and go to the Sporting Club Sardinia at Porto Pollo for one of the beach party nights….. pretty epic.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

eating enormous amounts of cheap, delicious food at proper agro tourismos

I have never had so much food served up to me as an evening at a Sardinian agri tourismo. The courses just kept coming. Make sure you are hungry.

bubs

+1 for wandering around Algero.
    There is (or used to be) an amazing theatrical cafe off the main square and a properly decent, properly cheap, properly simple fish restaurant hidden up a side street.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Windsurfing/Kitesurfing/sailing.

pondo

Fantastic stuff, thank you all! 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Things to do in Sardinia’ is closed to new replies.