Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Things to do in Cornwall when it rains… (with an 20 month old)
  • mefster
    Free Member

Off to Cornwall for a couple of weeks soon with pregnant Mrs M and the little on who’ll be about 20 months old. Taking the bikes and trailer so hoping for warm dry weather so we can hit the beaches, do a few walks and potter along the Camel Trail for a few cream teas and a little wine tasting!

If the weather is a little less accommodating we’ll need a few wet weather contingency plans for a little one who loves running, climbing, jumping and might go a little stir crazy!

Just wondering if anyone has been to the area before and if anyone has any suggestions. Any good soft play centres or other good wet weather entertainment for energy bound toddlers?

Also be interested if their are any other easy cycle paths other than the Camel trail for a trailer and heavily pregnant wife. I’m assuming their won’t be any real off road ‘playgrounds’ in the area where I can pop off and have a quick blast before breakfast!

snaps
    Free Member

Where in Cornwall?
    There is an easy cycle trail near the Eden project & for the pre breakfast blast http://www.the-track.co.uk/ (late breakfast as they open late)

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

There is the farm place outside Newquay – lots of animals to pet, feeding to join in on and they have a great indoor play area too.

neilb67
    Free Member

You could try here. Think its the place MF is on about.

mefster
    Free Member

Sorry, thought I’d mentioned in my OP, were just outside Padstow so north Cornish coast. Thanks for suggestions up to now!

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Gweek Seal Sactuary – cute and furry for a 20mth old.
    Cross the county and there’s the Wooley Monkey centre at Looe – everyone loves monkeys

timber

Flambards ‘Best day of the week whatever the weather’ – maybe not…
    Dairyland probably closest, Dobwalls unfortunately closed.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Things to do in Cornwall when it rains… (with an 20 month old)’ is closed to new replies.