• This topic has 58 replies, 48 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by emsz.
Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Things that you thought would never catch on, but did…
  • Frodo

Beyond a roof over your head, food in your stomach and a fire on the go, nobody needs anything.

Isn’t ‘information’ i.e. broadband/internet now considered to be a human right or something?

davidrussell
    Free Member

muller fruit corner. they took the fruit out, so you have to put it in yourself and they charge you for it.

bonkers.

jam-bo

google+

oh wait…

deviant
    Free Member

Ipads….is it not just a laptop in pretty Apple packaging?…..or am I not Hipster enough to ‘get it’….

Dubstep……pure shite…..I’m old enough to remember the late 80s and the emergence of house music, I’ve passionately defended all genres of dance music and still love house, early rave stuff, Techno and drum & bass….but dubstep is truly awful.

Skinny jeans on men…..no no No!….you instantly look like a bender.

higthepig
    Free Member

Beyond a roof over your head, food in your stomach and a fire on the go, nobody needs anything.

Clothes? Just think about that heffalump 52 stone woman naked, feel sick now (and not in a perverted way).

donsimon
    Free Member

Clothes? Just think about that heffalump 52 stone woman naked, feel sick now (and not in a perverted way).

This puts a different slant on things. She doesn’t need to wear clothes to survive, WE need that she wears clothes. 😕

grtdkad

CDs. Remember boldly saying that hmv were mistaken moving all the vinyl upstairs to allow CDs to take prime space.’who the he’ll is going to replace all of their collections’.
    Doh!

stilltortoise
    Free Member

muller fruit corner. they took the fruit out, so you have to put it in yourself and they charge you for it.

bonkers.

NO! It’s a great idea, in the same way I like to put custard on my crumble rather than have a messy crumble-custard amalgam 🙂

RealMan
    Free Member

650b.

Oh wait..

GrahamS

Ipads….is it not just a laptop in pretty Apple packaging

Not really, no.

bikebouy
    Free Member

The Euro..

finbar
    Free Member

CDs. Remember boldly saying that hmv were mistaken moving all the vinyl upstairs to allow CDs to take prime space.’who the he’ll is going to replace all of their collections’.
    Doh!

I thought buying music online would never catch on. Stumping up £8-£10 for an album and not have anything physical to show for it? No thanks.

😆 Five or six years later and i wouldn’t dream of buying a CD.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Five or six years later and i wouldn’t dream of buying a CD.

My issue with it is you havent bought an album for five or six years either.

Burried deep in Apples user agreement is a clause that says you never actualy own anything, just the right to listen to it. Whereas with CD’s you were buying a limited ammount of copyright to make copies for personal use etc and so it’s not just the lack of physical ownership that gets me, it’s the lack of owning anything!

LsD
    Free Member

Casual sodomy…

mos

LsD,
    that still hasn’t caught on up my street 🙄

robsoctane
    Free Member

I remember 30 years ago, when I was young, my dad said ‘no one will ever buy water in a bottle, you get it free out of the tap’ 😆

bullheart
    Free Member

My wife to my ebay-buying habits.

Hrrrummpf.

molgrips
    Free Member

The point of an iPad is that you can use it to surf the net whilst watching telly

Like I do with a laptop every evening, you mean 🙂

Tbh I’d rather have a laptop for that even if I had some other use for an iPad. It sits on my lap easily and because it folds in half I can type with my hands in a neutral position, see the screen and the tv over the top of it.

emsz
    Free Member

Animal print.

Definitely should’ve stayed on the catwalk.

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Things that you thought would never catch on, but did…’ is closed to new replies.