Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Things that we just accept that we should ridicule
  • dannyh
    Free Member

Earlier on Sky News (it was on a TV at lunchtime on a training course I am on before anyone thinks I watch this bilge) the ‘story’ around the Bayeux Tapestry was being reported on.

So, they had a correspondent, who they presumably had to pay the travel for, outside the (currently shut) museum where the tapestry is held. Then he starts speculating that a 70m tapestry might have to be wound or folded in some way for transportation.

It’s all a bit.

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Do_7wb_dQwM[/video]

Does anyone else ever take a step back when they see stuff like this and think “they’re having us on with this”?

wiggles
    Free Member

Yeah I always think that when I see the news (only watch it at my parents house really) why do you need to send someone to stand in front of the factory that just closed or the hospital where someone just died? cant they just say that in the studio.

“I wouldn’t believe that really happened but hes stood outside 10 downing street at night so it must be true”

nedrapier

should and have!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnS07NS8110[/video]

Coyote
    Free Member

Oh yes!!! “Our reporter on location at…” is an enormous waste of time and effort and often gets in the way of the people who need to be there.

cranberry
    Free Member

“Going live to…”

Generally someone away from an event that has’t happened or is long over.

Sometimes in a different city entirely.

wiggles
    Free Member

“Going live to ” some guy stood outside the whitehouse to talk about something trump said in new york so they have no more insight on what he said than the rest of us that watched a video of it…

Anyone watched that programme on netflix “shot in the dark” ?

Basically guys driving around LA at night filming stuff to sell to the morning news programmes listening in police scanners going “yes a bus is on fire” “someone has just been shot great I better speed over there and film it”

binners

Every ‘severe weather incident’ (translation: more than half an inch of snow) must feature a man in a North Face jacket stood on a motorway bridge above stationary traffic

RustySpanner

When a close relative has just died:

“So, how do you feel?”

matt_outandabout

Most of our politicians?

Bring back Spitting Image.

Gary_C

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z97UqvfhW8U[/video]

thegreatape
    Free Member

From my limited experience of events they turn up at (fatal avalanches and protests) I think at least part of the reason for being present is to get a comment or inside line from someone who is involved. And probably shouldn’t be saying anything to them. Although how that applies to an old French bedspread is beyond me.

shermer75
    Free Member

nealglover
    Free Member

Things that we just accept that we should ridicule…

Politicians (of all affiliations) when they lie.

You would never let someone get away with the shit they talk “in the real world”

But they are politicians, and we all know they talk shit, so they never really seem to be pulled up on it in a way that they deserve.

If I performed as badly as they do against their promises, I’d be jobless, divorced, penniless and homeless.

jekkyl

Is that Tom Hardy on the day today?

funkmasterp

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aHun58mz3vI[/video]

Houns

Was thinking that

jkomo

Glastonbury coverage is the worst, just a massive holiday for hundreds at the Beeb.
    Just show the Frikin bands!

nealglover
    Free Member

Glastonbury coverage

Worst bit about all of the BBC coverage is any time someone from the BBC is speaking to the camera.

Send all the tech people and camera operators and leave it at that.

Would be way better.

CountZero

Glastonbury coverage is the worst, just a massive holiday for hundreds at the Beeb.
    Just show the Frikin bands!

Right, dead easy, you have a couple of blokes running between a hundred or so stages with a GoPro or an iPhone and put that on the telly.
    You do understand how coverage of an even on the scale of Glastonbury works, don’t you?
    Actually, no, you clearly don’t.

nealglover
    Free Member

Right, dead easy, you have a couple of blokes running between a hundred or so stages with a GoPro or an iPhone and put that on the telly.

See post above yours.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

the Bayeux Tapestry

It’s actually an embroidery

dannyh
    Free Member

It’s actually an embroidery

Don’t try to stitch me up.

binners

Offended People

Posted this link up countless times. Charlie Brooker wrote it ten years ago, but it’s more applicable than ever

****ing bedwetters!!! 😀

bodgy
    Free Member

The fact that Radio 4 programming is utterly shite on Saturday night?

And all those wailing ‘Stuck in t’ poorhouse/mill/farm/misogynistic abusive relationship’ plays that R4 put on, seemingly especially timed for the afternoon school run.

squirrelking
    Free Member

And all those wailing ‘Stuck in t’ poorhouse/mill/farm/misogynistic abusive relationship’ plays that R4 put on, seemingly especially timed for the afternoon school run.

Sounds like a considerable improvement on this idiot.

wordnumb
    Free Member

I just tend to ridicule what everyone else is ridiculing at the time, it lessens the risk of ridiculing something that others feel should not be ridiculed, which could lead to me being singled out for ridicule or getting nuked from orbit.

Onzadog
    Free Member

How much is it going to cost to transport and host the Bayeux tapestry?

Has anyone considered that it might be cheaper to offer those who might care about seeing it a subsidised trip to see it in its current home?

wiggles
    Free Member

I went to see it on a school trip… Won’t go again

binners

The fact that Radio 4 programming is utterly shite on Saturday night?

Its considerably better than what passes for ‘comedy’ during the week. Its like a work experience programme for middle class, sub-Edinburgh Festival drama graduates who’s daddy has got a ‘Friend at the Beeb’

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Things that we just accept that we should ridicule’ is closed to new replies.