Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Things that old people do on holiday
  • piemonster

What do they do?

Folks are up visiting, standard issue first day. Distillery, meal, some Ospreys.

What else do old folk do, I’ve no idea. As far as I’m concerned spare time relaxing is spent entirely on running or bicycles. There isn’t really much more to my life.

Suggestions for Fife and Tayside? Probably take them round the Discovery, but after that I’m not so sure. They aren’t so active these days, walks and stuff would be short, very short.

yunki
    Free Member

Castles, Brochs and dogging..?

scotroutes

Drive to Braemar/Linn of Dee. Tea shops. Waterfalls.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    midlifecrashes

Few years back we stayed near Pitlochry. Took the MIL white water rafting, she fell out and would have drowned if I had taken my foot off her head any later.

piemonster

Ooh, Dunnottar Castle could be worked into Deeside as well. A big loop for a day out.

piemonster

Few years back we stayed near Pitlochry. Took the MIL white water rafting, she fell out and would have drowned if I had taken my foot off her head any later.

😆

perthmtb
    Free Member

Drive somewhere, park with a view, flask of tea and sandwiches. Repeat…

maccruiskeen

St Andews perhaps for views, shops, tea and cake all in close proximity to one another. Some of villages on the Neuk if the weathers nice for Fish and Chips. Falkland Palace.

piemonster

Anstruther chippy and a trip to the palace.

Cocoa Tree is down that way as well. I feel fat just thinking about it.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Bimble about, finding niggling little things to complain about that seem to expect someone to take seriously, complain the shops are closed, misremember things and then get in an argument with people in the TIC because I can’t make there have been a castle here when there was never a bloody castle here oh god i need a new job…

JEngledow
    Free Member

How about asking them what they fancy doing?

pypdjl
    Free Member

meal, some Ospreys

No wonder they are endangered!

piemonster

How about asking them what they fancy doing?

Been there, I got the “you’re organising” response

organic355
    Free Member

Verdant works would be good for the oldies, people have said its interesting. Sounds boring to me though LOL.

Mine always want to go to St Andrews, Seems to a favorite with the oldies too. I don’t really like the place other than the beach which is great for a walk & flying a kite.

jamiea
    Free Member

Been there, I got the “you’re organising” response

If that’s their attitude, sod ’em- get them to bring their bus passes and bung ‘um on the next coach going somewhere shtie!

Cheers,
    Jamie

samuri
    Free Member

Go somewhere, look around a bit, complain about the amount of foreigners everywhere, come home.

If you’re really old then you’ll get coach, day trips out to garden centres where you’ll do something similar but include pooing on the floor of the garden centre toilets before going home[1].

[1] According to my wife when she worked in a big one, this is really common.

JEngledow
    Free Member

As far as I’m concerned spare time relaxing is spent entirely on running or bicycles.

I got the “you’re organising” response

In that case take ’em running followed by a nice bike ride, that way next time they’ll be a bit more helpful or won’t bother coming!

5thElefant
    Free Member

Mine are in their 70s so do the usual…

Mountainbiking, hiking and surfing.

And… recreational dry stone walling.

piemonster

Sod the Ospreys, off to look at that boat with all the ropes in the city centre. Then Pitenween for Choco attack, maybe the chipper in Anstruther. Then an easy walk with the dog down Cambo sands.

Some good little Gastro pubs down that way too.

piemonster

They’ll be paying of course.

*crosses fingers

joshvegas
    Free Member

Secret bunker then lock them in?

Go for a ride come back let them out.

Its not cruel if there is a cafe right?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Ooh, Dunnottar Castle could be worked into Deeside as well

if you go up the a92, there’s a wartime museum at montrose, old people love that kind of thing. a few hundred yards further up, there’s a farm cafe on the other side of the road that does brilliant strawberry tarts and stuff. if you go to dunottar you can stop at stonehaven where’s a couple iof nice pubs on the harbour that do decent enough pub food. then head over the slug road and on to the north deeside road which passes by balmoral with it’s famous castle as well as a pile of other castles. follow the road to braemar than through glenshee which some pretty amazing scenery anda couple of places to stop and soak it up. just as you come into blairgowrie, there’s a cheese shop and i understand old folks like cheese as much as they like war time museums. then back to dundee. and over the bridge to home.
    nice long day, heavy on the petrol but not much else.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

nearer home, hill of tarvit mansion house and kellie castle are central and south fife,

Tom-B
    Free Member

Lol at samuri

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Things that old people do on holiday’ is closed to new replies.