Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Things Paul Sherwen says
  • IA

They’re all at it now. I don’t know who invented it but its the biggest load of bollocks ever and turns to vapour my onboarded fluids.

Well, technically I guess the domestiques take onboard fluids, but aren’t drinking.

rootes1

I agree the speed estimates are usually way out though. Yesterday he had them doing 45mph on the flat, 10k out. Has he been 45mph recently?

yep kph and mph are used interchangeably..

average for the stage yesterday was 25.9mph out of interest and estimate route schedule was done between 47 and 43kph

Macavity
    Free Member

And Sherwen’s no better – he’s from Widnes FFS..!

But brought up in Kenya and lives in Uganda.

Macavity
    Free Member

Some of the things that TV commentators did in previous lives

Paul Sherwen at 00:14 (not saying much though)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL25BYkA6Xw

David Duffield has a bit more to say at 02:56
    Halfords Marketing Manager, …..nice suit.

NigE5
    Free Member

Have we had “The sprinters are licking thier lips”
    very popular a few years ago not heard recently.

zbonty

I’ve enjoyed it so far. All good. Motorized wheelchair!!

The stupid, gushing voiceovers during the Halfords adverts were grating on me by Sunday.

Garry_Lager

‘Heads of State’ is a lame one that Paul dishes up on a regular basis.

Here’s the leading group on the climb – no surprise to see the Heads of State all present, turning the pedals in anger as they contest this crucial stage of the Tour de France bicycle race.

ourmaninthenorth

But brought up in Kenya and lives in Uganda.

What have facts got to do with anything?!!

IHN

I met Phil Liggett in South Africa. He has a baboon problem.

neilthewheel

I love it when a rider powers off up a mountain, usually the day after blowing out on a big climb, and they say something like “How does he do it?”. Inevitably within 2 days the answer will be, “drugs”.

fr0sty
    Free Member

Scaphoid

TiRed

And we have of course forgotten the most common thing Paul says, which is…

A repetition of whatever Phil has just said. Now that is annoying. “Annoying, indeed..”

And I’m missing the “All kinds of trouble” too, but I haven’t watched yesterday’s show yet.

mtbfix

All these quotes are going to make TdF bingo fun tonight. I’ll probably miss all the racing by paying too much attention to the commentary listening for the next weird analogy.

Macavity
    Free Member

“What have facts got to do with anything?!!”

Good point.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

When you used to see him stood talking into a mike phil liggett hands looked huge, like a bunch of bananas. Hence we nicknamed him banana hands.

I also enjoy seeing them sitting so uncomfortably close to each other in their little booth answering made-up viewers emails that when they turn to look at each other their noses almost touch. Feel the chemistry.

Paul uses “and you know” for punctuation. Always enjoyed Gary Imlach’s dry, arch delivery though.

Klunk
    Free Member

Jens Voigt was “dishing out the pain” today 2 mins into the broadcast

Macavity
    Free Member

Paul Sherwen in the bunch sprint in the final stage of the 1979 Tour de France.

He beat Sean Kelly.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Things Paul Sherwen says’ is closed to new replies.