• This topic has 176 replies, 73 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by kcr.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 177 total)
  • Things other people do that annoy/confuse you
  • Mister-P
    Free Member

Men with wallets with change in … whats that all about ?? Are you ten ??

I have change in my wallet. There’s a handy little zipped pocket specifically designed for holding coins. Not really seeing your issue here.

DezB
    Free Member

Are you ten ??

I think I probably am.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I think I probably am.

You’re a solid 8 at best. 😉

pocpoc
    Free Member

Men with wallets with change in … whats that all about ?? Are you ten ??

Definitely not ten. I just like to keep all of my money and cards in one place rather than walking around jangling like a cat with a bell on its collar.
    And also those trouser pockets that are so shallow where you sit down in the car everything falls out and under the seat.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

you sit down in the car everything falls out and under the seat.

Not if you put the change into ashtray … so that you have a ready supply of shrapnel for the car park ticket machine.

701arvn
    Free Member

Dogs that don’t make their humans pick up their little doggy doings.

How hard can it be to train them properly? They manage to get them to take them for walks every day and feed them, it’s just lazy.

pocpoc
    Free Member

Not if you put the change into ashtray …

Or just leave my wallet in my pocket, then it’s still there when I get out of the car and head to the ticket machine, right next to my bank card if I decide (and the machine allows) to pay by contactless instead.

Also, don’t think my car has an ashtray. It’s something I’ve not even thought about until now. It’s ten years old and French though so I’d be surprised if it doesn’t.

handybar
    Free Member

Being single, and trying to find a relationship, I am incredibly confused by the world of dating.
    My approach so far has been to just get to know people in real life; but this hasn’t really worked, as if I find myself liking someone I am mainly “friendzoned”. That’s fair enough, but I can’t get my head around this new thing called Dating anonymous strangers.
    I’m no looker, with a leg disability, all of which I’m very honest and open about, and I’ve had some replies, agreements to meet for a coffee, and then…complete silence. It gets annoying as it is like a part-time job just sending messages to get any replies.
    I think I’m going to give up!

Mister-P
    Free Member

Being single, and trying to find a relationship, I am incredibly confused by the world of dating.

I think I’m going to give up!

That was my conclusion too. Spent a lot more time on the bike and I’m happier for it.

DezB
    Free Member

then…complete silence. It gets annoying as it is like a part-time job just sending messages to get any replies.

Don’t worry, it’s not just you. I’ve had the same everytime I’ve resorted to the online game.
    Middle-aged (I presume you are too) wimmins are strange beasts (mostly beasts 😆 ).
    It’s either the long game or get out. Or lower your standards, like… really really low! 😆 😛

slowoldman

If I can see your forehead, it’s not going to do a lot in an accident.

TGH

choppersquad
    Free Member

People who hold their phone in front of their face and have a shouty conversation in the middle of a busy high street.
    Hold it to your ear and speak at a normal volume you f-ing muppets!

kynasf
    Free Member

People who put a rag/piece of foam in the clamping jaws of their bike carrier, as if the silicone is going to leave a huge scratch on their beloved bikes.

crazy-legs

Talking about bike helmets, I don’t understand why so many people feel the need to wear them.

As for things the general population do that annoy me – it is the lack of care about society (ranging from driving behaviour to attitudes towards other races) and the readiness to believe populist shit.

I’ve got nothing against people wearing them. If they want to / feel the need then fine, let them do it. What I can’t stand is when a random stranger feels the need to comment – especially if you’re not wearing one.

It is literally nothing to do with you, shut the **** up. Their head, their choice.
    You don’t shout at a bloke in the street that he should be wearing a tie. So don’t shout out that someone “should” be wearing a helmet!

muddyground
    Free Member

People that just stand at pedestrian crossings and wait for somebody else to come along and push the little button for them.

alric
    Free Member

Drivers that stop to let you cross the road, when youre on a cycle path,and you already stopped for them. Why cant they just drive by and get out the way?

DezB
    Free Member

Don’t worry, it’s not just you. I’ve had the same everytime I’ve resorted to the online game.

And I’m a SOLID 8.
    (Thanks PP 🙂 )

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Gonna go for a niche driving one… 😀

That guy/gal behind you that has to stick his nose out to your right (as you can see in the wing mirror) just so he can see if there’s anything in front of you. I don’t know why – just annoys the shit out of me. Generally I move slightly to the right myself to block the view…just to wind them up…which of course is possibly even more childish, and makes me that guy who’s dawdling in front of you and won’t let you see if there’s anything in front of him in case you need to safely make progress. 😀

slowoldman

Drivers that stop to let you cross the road, when youre on a cycle path,and you already stopped for them.

Could be fixed by changing the priority.
    Dutch Cycle Path

madmechanist
    Free Member

as an uncoordinated individual..we cant always help it but its frustrating for both parties…especially the individuals with sensory issues(WE CANT HELP IT …ITS BIOLOGICAL!!) but I apologise in advance for any uncoordinated situations to come..

One thing I dont understand is why people have panniers racks …BUT THE BIGGEST RUCKSACK POSSIBLE ON THEIR BACK!! …like …why?!!!!..you have a rack why not use it…

elwoodblues
    Free Member

“People who hold their phone in front of their face and have a shouty conversation in the middle of a busy high street.
    Hold it to your ear and speak at a normal volume you f-ing muppets!”

This. Absolutely this. Seriously, why?

dougiedogg
    Free Member

Gin

and everything that surrounds gin

derek_starship
    Free Member

Yes. That phone out in front of you thing is blinkin annoying.

philjunior
    Free Member

People who think that the only solution to the harm that mankind inflicts on the planet is to reduce the population yet don’t kill themselves.

handybar
    Free Member

Re internet dating, I think it really messes up the whole coupling thing. It only really works for top 20% of men in terms of attractiveness and/or status.
    I used to work with someone who was admittedly in that percentile and he would have a date (sometimes more) any day of the week he wanted. He would “pump and dump” then move onto the next one…not even leaving crumbs for the poor washed up dogs like me!

LimboJimbo

Work centred (that’s where I am), people that attempt to engage you in banal, work related chat while you’re in the Gents. No, I don’t want to discuss the quarterly forecast through the trap door, FFS!
    See also, leaving half drunk coffee cups next to the dishwasher.

philjunior
    Free Member

One thing I dont understand is why people have panniers racks …BUT THE BIGGEST RUCKSACK POSSIBLE ON THEIR BACK!! …like …why?!!!!..you have a rack why not use it…

Just reminded me there. People that wear those “commuter specific” hump rucksacks with the chevrons on.

philjunior
    Free Member

Re internet dating, I think it really messes up the whole coupling thing. It only really works for top 20% of men in terms of attractiveness and/or status.
    I used to work with someone who was admittedly in that percentile and he would have a date (sometimes more) any day of the week he wanted. He would “pump and dump” then move onto the next one…not even leaving crumbs for the poor washed up dogs like me!

Not sure how serious you are, but I found it really easy to get dates when I was on a popular dating app recently. My gf thinks that I had it particularly easy/got lucky but it took me on average a week from going on the app to getting a date, lining up multiple dates would have been possible if I had more free time!

alric
    Free Member

‘people’ that take ages to move when the lights change to green, so only 3 cars can go before it goes red again.
    and’drivers’ who drive so slowly theyre a moving roadblock and you get stuck behind them in 2nd gear all the way to john o’groats. They should pay for all your petrol and time/life that they wasted.

kayak23

Pedestrians that press the button, THEN look to see if it’s safe to cross.

handybar
    Free Member

@philjunior, what app was that? Ive tried match and okcupid so far, thanks

Mister-P
    Free Member

‘people’ that take ages to move when the lights change to green, so only 3 cars can go before it goes red again.

Probably glued to their phone, which is another thing that annoys me. Actually no, it angers me. Drivers on the bloody phone or texting or whatever they are doing with their mobile (insert angry emoji)

nicko74

One you see more and more these days: people with a perfectly functional mobile phone, on a call, holding it flat in front of their mouth on speakerphone to speak to. Just… why? It’s literally designed to put the sound in your ear when you hold it right.

And THEN… people who put the phone, horizontally, to their ear, still on speakerphone! WTAF is THAT?!!

TV shows like the Apprentice have a lot to answer for, as they started the whole “have your phone call on speakerphone and hold said phone perfectly horizontal for no reason while doing so” thing.

eat_the_pudding
    Free Member

People who spend hours walking round Tescos putting things in a trolley, take it to the checkout, watch or help while its priced bagged and put away, and then have a fit of surprise when they are asked for payment, pat pockets search bag, empty contents, panic, take minutes to do something that a normal human being should do in seconds (or been prepared for in advance).

WTF did you think was going to happen next?

I may be showing my misanthropic tendencies, but A venn diagram for many of the lane hoggers, progress makers, trolley abandoners, speakerphone enthusiasts and political muppets mentioned in this thread would be pretty close to a circle.

DezB
    Free Member

Maybe he went on Naked Attraction…
    talking of which, this is more in the confused category than the annoyed…
    Going on Naked Attraction! Why the actual would anyone in their right mind do that?
    Also, watching Gogglebox. Of all the things to do with an hour of your time… baffling.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I wouldn’t go on Naked Attraction, but I’m not a solid 8 like you Dez.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Gogglebox… is brilliant

natrix
    Free Member

Going on Naked Attraction! Why the actual would anyone in their right mind do that?

So they can ‘pump ‘n dump’ obviously……….

philjunior
    Free Member

Tinder. It wasn’t the random midnight sexytime hookup fest I may have hoped for, but all the same a perfectly adequate platform.

I did kind of have a strategy, and it’s so superficial it’s very easy to pick up and act out the scene from brasseye whenever you get bored.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 177 total)

The topic ‘Things other people do that annoy/confuse you’ is closed to new replies.