Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Things afoot at swinley
  • kimbers

https://www.swinleybikehub.com/blog/coachingarea

Tho I’m a bit confused about of this is a new freeride area too or it’s all part of the coaching thing?

Either way good to see

trumpton
    Free Member

they close the jump gulley then maybe open a freeride area with huge jumps. doesn’t make sense.

jimdubleyou

The Coaching Area will be a service we run, operate and maintain as a business and as such it will be accessible for coaching and coaching services only.

Looks like Gravel Hill (where the abandoned freeride / jump lines were) is going to be “Hub-Only”.

Clubhouse is where all the jump lines etc will be.

ta11pau1

The Coaching Area will be a service we run, operate and maintain as a business and as such it will be accessible for coaching and coaching services only.

It’s the area with the big drops which never got finished. Not open to the public.

The top of the trails where all the proper jump lines are is the new ‘freeride’ area but it doesn’t say anything new is going to built there.

It’s a shame this new coaching area is basically a private set of trails, I doubt it’ll have 20ft gap jumps or 10ft drops either, a proper skills area would do wonders for the place.

kimbers

AHH cheers, that makes sense

benpinnick

At least they didn’t waste thousands/tens of thousands of pounds moving the ‘freeride area’ from its original site to somewhere more commercially advantageous, only to realise its a dumb idea and move it BACK to the site where the CE approved it to be built 7 or 8 years ago for all the reasons the original site was put there….

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Sounds like it’s basically a pay to play set of trails as they say it be open for “open coaching sessions” and won’t be open out of hours etc?

Much as I like Swinley if I had to pay money for it I’d rather pay money for petrol and ride somewhere else!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Things afoot at swinley’ is closed to new replies.