Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Thin Flat pedals
  • mildred

I’m after some thin flat pedals that don’t cost the earth. I like the Kona Wah Wahs, but i really am on a budget, so if anyone knows of any good offers or can reccommend some alternatives I’d be grateful.

Dango
    Free Member
    DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Everything I’ve read about the Superstar Nanos has been positive. I ‘think’ they’re the same as the Konas/Nukeproofs. Really good review on southerndownhill.coms home page. Toying with the idea of getting some myself…

hp_source

Superstar ones? not tried, but would seem to fit the bill.

Dango
    Free Member

I have two pairs, awesome grip and VFM

ton

gusset slim jim mags are pretty thin flats

kimbers

ive got the superestars awesome pedals made by ht components who also make them for kona and about 10 other companies

wors

another vote for superstar nano’s. DMR have also released some details of a flat pedal that looks very nice, not sure on price though.

legend
    Free Member

SS Nanos

/thread

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

New DMRs are £80/£90 I think.

yoshimi

Thres a company that does the nano’s but for about £35…..can’t remember now but they are branded HT i think and only in black

jamiep
    Free Member

http://www.readytoridecycles.co.uk/pedals-82-c.asp

they’ve been out of stock for a few weeks tho

ianpinder
    Free Member

I have the nukeproof version of the superstar ones, excellent and grippy.

Scamper
    Free Member

Just put on some Superstar nano’s. A fair bit lighter than my previous DMR’s with increased ground clearance and lowered body position. All seems good so far.

mildred

Cool, cheers all – the HT ones are about the right price, and identical to the konas, superstar, nukeproof etc. Pity they’re out of stock!

Yes the DMR’s have priced themselves out of the market (for me at least), plus having had a number of sets of V12’s I find them to be a bit fragile. I think they were good when there was few alternatives, but they’ve been left behind a bit (just my opinion of course). the new ones don’t look dramticaly different to the old ones (I know its hard to be dramatically different, but a spangly colour doesn’t really do it for me.). They’re also very high profile compared to the Wah Wah’s et al.

Northwind

V8s etc aren’t thin either… The new DMRs are thinner but way too expensive (again)

Another vote for Nanos, I got mine from HT but Superstar have more colours. Worth watching both as the prices change around a lot when they’re both in stock, I got mine for £30.

legend
    Free Member

what are these ‘new DMRs’ that people keep bleating on about? Nowt on their website that i can see

Northwind

The Vault. And “bleating on”, that’s charming.

jedi

i use azonic aframes but am gonna buy the new thin azonics now.

Hip
    Free Member

I tried the outland slimline CNC’s but whilst thin I found the axle was a little proud and felt uncomfortable under foot… Superstar nano’s now.

nick1962
    Free Member
    MrNutt
    Free Member

Hip wanna sell me those outlands? email in profile cheers!

Hip
    Free Member

Sorry MrNutt, paulo6624 beat you to them…

julianwilson
    Free Member

Just for the record Kona Wah Wah pedals
    are not the same as the Superstar ones.

Now you point it out, no they aren’t are they? …and they seem to only be in the region of £50-53 nowadays.
    SSC did the same when they added a through-pin version of the nano flat. All (kona/ssc/nukeproof and i see lately the ‘new’ Answer’ flat pedal) versions still feature the same gubbins made in the same factory. Same inners and same arrangment of pins on both Wah wah and thru-pin nano, but one is between £7 and £10 cheaper and has a less cool name on it. You pays your money etc…

As for the new Answer ones, does this look all that different apart from the pins, logo and £28 more expensive?

Stopadoodledoo
    Free Member

The Kona Wah Wah’s are a very nice pedal, grippy as you would ever want, not notchy (as DMR’s can be after a short time), nice and comfortable shape and a very thin profile. I’ve had mine for almost a year now and have ridden with them in all sorts of conditions (including plenty of wet, gritty days) with no detrimental effect on performance; they are still as nice as they day I got them. The only problem with them is that they have KONA written on the top of them in that cheesy typeface but I guess you can’t have everything.

robdob
    Free Member

DMR’s are only notchy if you don’t look after them. v8 are great as you can just pump new grease in and they feel like new.
    I’ve moved to Superstar pedals from DMR and yes they are grippy and thin but they are rather big in comparison. I clipped one pedal on the ground when riding on the ROAD, ordaining round a slight corner.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Thin Flat pedals’ is closed to new replies.