Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Thin bib tights
  • mcnultycop

Does anybody make full length bib tights but that are thin? I’m going to start commuting regularly but I have a UV intolerance and leg tattoos I’d prefer to cover when I’m walking through the office (it’s not a problem but I can’t be arsed discussing them!)

I can only really find thermal/fleecy lined bibs. Commute is only 40-50 minutes (uphill on the way home) so it doesn’t need to be the thickest pad.

Cheers

robertpb
    Free Member

Even thin tights nowdays seem to have disappeared off the market, bibs seem to be as rare as hen’s teeth.

DHB used to have thin tights, I have two pairs but alas no more.

stevious

I think sportful do some but I’m not sure what the model is.

sockpuppet

Leg warmers?

scaredypants

yeh, warmers for that

… or the cheapest bibs you can find

Phil_H

These any use?
    Lusso

claudie

The howies bib tights are thin and there was a link this morning about them being in a sale. I prefer their non pad version and my own choice of padded shirt underneath

TiRed

Plenty of bib 3/4 you can wear with longer socks. Rivelo on sport pursuit. Or knee warmers and mid length socks. But thin full length will be rare.

mcnultycop

I’ve been wearing thinnish Castelli 3/4 so far, and just pulling the socks up, bottoms down when I get in.

The Lusso ones Phil H linked to look decent; I use Lusso padless max repel tights over Rapha shorts in deep winter so I like their gear. I’ll keep searching but bear those in mind.

I’ve got warmers so they are always an option. They are a bit warm though!

SaxonRider

It’s so unfortunate that Tenn went under. I had a pair of theirs that were perfect. Padded, but unlined tights I would wear on all the mid-season days.

I still have the tights, but after a few years’ use, they’re almost done for.

mrb123
    Free Member

Check out Castelli LW bib tights. They are their lightweight model.

boombang
    Free Member

Howie’s bib tights were pretty thin, they have changed the sizing but the material looks the same.

Worth a try, think they do free returns if not right.

Edit – see someone beat me to it above. Somehow this reply didn’t post until picked phone up this morning.

Superficial
    Free Member

I have some running tights from Decathlon which are very thin. They don’t have a pad but I often wear then over some normal length bibs.

anagallis_arvensis

Leg warmers would do the job

Moe

Madison do quite a wide range of bib tights.

jonnyboi

3/4 Peloton bib knickers

Three quarter length here, and they make quality kit

mogrim

Decathlon do some 3/4s which are pretty thin, I’ve got some for use in Spring and they’re ideal for that. Some long socks and you’d be OK. Running tights are an option, but IME they have a tendency to slip down and aren’t that comfortable on the bike.

Not personally tried them, but how about some cycling trousers?

https://road.cc/content/buyers-guide/212032-best-casual-cycling-commuter-wear-buyers-guide

nbt

Polaris leg warmers

https://www.polaris-bikewear.co.uk/Venom-Road-Cycling-Leg-Warmers-p/pol01-5420-p.htm

Dead thin, wear under your normal bibs

I’ve tried thin running tights (non-bib) over bib shorts and they just slip down. You can have my old ones if you want

globalti
    Free Member

Castelli do white, UV protecting arm covers. I bet somebody does the same for legs.

mcnultycop

Cheers all; I’ve gone for a set of Castelli LW.

mcnultycop

Had a road ride with the Castelli LW today and they were spot on.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Thin bib tights’ is closed to new replies.