Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Thieving barstewards
  • marp
    Free Member

Some thieving little toe rag has had the front wheel off of my wife’s work bike (she uses it to get around between patients in the community rather than spend all day on the bus)…

It’s from a 10yr old kona mtb and of absolutely no value whatsoever….

Can the STW massive have a collective rummage to see if they have any old disc specific 26″ front wheels knocking about to stick on there? They don’t need to be pretty (or good), so long as they go round….

Will happily pay for them, just don’t ant to spend 50 quid on a wheel that is going to look shinier and newer than the one that was already taken!

cheers all

Marp

nickewen
    Free Member

I might have one in the bicycle graveyard but think its a 20mm bolt.. so you’ll need an adaptor. I’ll post back up tonight if I find it. You can have it for postage if it works/I find it

johndoh
    Free Member

Unfortunately not – although I do have a spare pair of road rims for collection from Harrogate.

marp
    Free Member

Legend, thank you!

If it works, please PM me your details and i’ll TF the dosh over,

onehundredthidiot

Think I’ve got 26″ wheels in the garage free if they’re there.

earl_brutus

ive got a 26 inch mavic/ deore disc qr wheel you can have, the hub bearings might need a bit of grease but otherwise its straight and true, ill send you a pic this evening

ads678

If you’re anywhere near Leeds I’ve got a 26″ front wheel hanging around but it’s 20mm bolt through….

Actually now I’m doubting myself, it might be 15mm. I’ll check later…..

beej

Where are you?

sootyandjim
    Free Member

I’ve a few 26″ disc wheels with Q/R hubs knocking about which you can have for nowt.

Where abouts are you?

dogbone

I think they are in london

marp
    Free Member

Thank you all! We are indeed in London (well we work there), and the wheel was nicked from outside Guy’s Hospital

If you see anyone trying to flog a knackered old front wheel (formula hub i think), with an old on-one tyre on it, ask them what the hell they were thinking!

marp
    Free Member

Hi Nickewen, Onehundrethidiot, Earl-Brutus and Sootyandjim,

Thank you for your awesome generosity! Please let me know what you have knocking about (either message on here or mattliston79 at gmail), and i’ll sort payment for postage etc

Any wheel would be greatly appreciated and will save the wife a load of ballache. I’ll make sure she’ll learn to lock it up properly next time and not use those crappy flex things..

sootyandjim
    Free Member

When do you need it for as I’ll be down in that there London on the 26th October and bring it/meet/drop it off* (depending upon where you are in that there London)?

nickewen
    Free Member

nickewen
    Free Member

This is what I’ve found. Seems to be running true but one of the 20mm caps has fallen off and I can’t find it.. think you’ll replace this with the QR adaptor anyway? You may want to wait on some of the other offers tho as if you can get a QR ready one it will be cheaper.

marp
    Free Member

Hi Sooty,

Just checked with the wifey, she is fine to wait for the 26th, if it works for you to meet up? Whereabouts will you be coming into?

We are south, but head into London Bridge. Can easily navigate my way around though… Otherwise if it’ll be a pain in the a$$ i’m happy to pay for postage to save you time.

Cheers for this, we really appreciate it.

marp
    Free Member

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the pics and for looking at my plea! We really appreciate it. I’m hoping to tee up a QR wheel with sooty. Thank you for generosity, things like this make STW awesome!

Cheers

Marp

nickewen
    Free Member

No probs at all. It’s prompted me to have a clear out and I’m going to take a few boxes of bits to ‘recyke ya bike’, a local charitable organisation in Newcastle 👍
    I’ll hang onto the wheel for a bit just in case tho.

earl_brutus

a wheel on its way to you!

marp
    Free Member

thank you Earl_Brutus, just got the email confirming postage! Wife will be happy to be back out on the bike in the rain!

Thank you everyone!

Sooty, thank you for your kind offer, but you can now travel to London on the 26th unencumbered! Earl_Brutus has posted me a wheel. I shall stick that one and instruct the wife to lock both wheels!

Thank you all!

Matt

raybanwomble
    Free Member

I thought this was going to be some cocaine fuelled story about a clip joint in soho.

Disappointed man.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Thieving barstewards’ is closed to new replies.