Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Thick/Thin rings – RaceFace, Works and who else?
  • honourablegeorge

Seemed to be an endless stream of them at Eurobike and the like, but only the two above have hit the market, as far as I can see – did SRAM’s patent stop a few companies form launching?

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Sram doesn’t own a patent on thick/thin design, the actual design is a hundred or so years old so they couldn’t. Don’t think it’s actually as big a market in reality as people like to think it is.

tonyd

Wolftooth, although you have to get them shipped from the states. Mine took about a week.

crispyrice

I have the raceface one, it’s pretty good. I haven’t dropped the chain except when i accidently kicked it off… I use it with a clutch rear mech.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I can’t see why you’d look past the Works Components ring. £35 versus £50 for a Raceface.

fakesounding
    Free Member

Works Components now doing colours too!

Absolute Black

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

BETD Goldtec

poonprice
    Free Member

When does the FSA MegaTooth come out?

Read some stuff that the ThickThin rings are a pain in the mud.

honourablegeorge

poonprice – Member

Read some stuff that the ThickThin rings are a pain in the mud.

Hmm – the Absolute Black site says the same, that mud can cause some chain loss.

I was specifically buying one to replace my MRP Lopes for the hardtail, so better cope with the winter gloop. Maybe a rethink.

crankrider
    Free Member

I can’t see why you’d look past the Works Components ring. £35 versus £50 for a Raceface.

This ^ for £35 you may as well give it a pop.

Hmm – the Absolute Black site says the same, that mud can cause some chain loss.

I wouldnt listen to the guy from Absolute Black – he spams the hell out of everywhere with wild statements about his ring working without thick/thin then everyone who has used them looses chains, garbage.

No problems with my Works ring in the mud at all, though i do want a 30t which they dont do (Raceface do but forever out of stock!)

FSA = No thanks i dont want the chainring to slice my leg open with teeth that protrude above the chain!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Thick/Thin rings – RaceFace, Works and who else?’ is closed to new replies.