Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • They dont like it up 'em
  • slackalice
    Free Member

Excuse the footie content, but just browsing BBc Sport waiting for TMS to start and …

Sepp Blatter doesnt like penalty shoot outs anymore

Next he’ll be asking for goal line technology…

avdave2

Simple in a final if no one wins in normal + extra time then the trophy stays with the current holders as no one has won it.

Or as an alternative if you are awarded the trophy on penalties there is no presentation ceremony and no medals for the players – just a matter of record that the team was awarded the trophy.

ElShalimo

After extra time is over, they could randomly withdraw 1 player per team per minute – it wouldn’t take long for someone to score and is much a lottery as penalties and equally as sensible

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DezB
    Free Member

After extra time is over, they could randomly withdraw 1 player per team per minute

Starting with the goalies 🙂

AndrewJ
    Free Member

Simple in a final if no one wins in normal + extra time then the trophy stays with the current holders as no one has won it.

Or as an alternative if you are awarded the trophy on penalties there is no presentation ceremony and no medals for the players – just a matter of record that the team was awarded the trophy.

Fair play, those are just about the worst alternative suggestions to a penalty shoot out I’ve ever heard 😉

wombat

I it’s a tie after the match plus ET just keep playing until someone scores.

Simple 🙂

AndrewJ
    Free Member

I it’s a tie after the match plus ET just keep playing until someone [strike]scores[/strike] dies through exhaustion.

+1

Klunk
    Free Member

I’m surprised no one has whispered “think of all the extra money you could make from a replay” into Sepps ear.

warton
    Free Member

surely a crossbar challenge would be the best way to decide it? or keepy ups? What about S.P.O.T?

sootyandjim
    Free Member

What was it some of the TV executives in the US wanted for USA ’94? Bigger goals?

Mooly
    Free Member

What about a game of dead duck? Everyone loves dead duck.

ElShalimo

I’ve changed my mind, for every layer removed they replace with a fan then it will make it more interesting as we end up with 22 punters – they keep the winning/losers medal too

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘They dont like it up 'em’ is closed to new replies.