Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • They came from above! -Name my Bug content
  • kayak23

This evening, whilst casually computing, a mystery bug about the size of Lady Gaga’s left thumb, or a standard usb stick, came into the room and attempted to kill me with it’s erratic flutter-buzzing and lightbulb head-butting.

It fairly near gave me a heart attack until I caught it in an empty houmous pot and set it free into the wild(and closed me window…)

I’ve never seen this make of bug before. Any ideas? Is it the beginning of the acropolis?
    Luckily I managed to overcome the fight or flight response and get some pics before capture.

Jazz hands..

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Cockchafer!

Not you, the bug!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cockchafer

csb

Cockchafer for sure, mad buggers they are.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wysiwyg
    Free Member

May bug

cheers_drive

Beginning of a citidel of which there is a famous one in Athens. Or do you mean a apocalypse?
    I’d say may bug too. Only seen one once befoe a my wife freaked.

kayak23

It was massive!
    It damn near had me leg off… 😯

Lifer
    Free Member

I love May bugs! Especially when they’re so big you can hear their footsteps.

maccruiskeen

Jazz hands..

pretty much sums them up – I’ve only had them clattering around outside the window at night and all you can see is those funny mousey eyes and what look like a pair clown hands.

I never realised they were beetles at first- they looked a lot hairier and more like moths when they’re in ‘flight’. They make flying look more like falling, but without ever managing to find the ground.

seadog101

They’re ace. Love the way they take off, like a big helicopter starting up.

Worked in a jam factory many moons ago. They were the only bug meaty enough to be detected by the ultrasonic ‘bug/rock/broken glass in the jam’ detector. Yes, we did experiment….. 😳

Drac
    csb

What’s happened to the chap who did nature rambles and write ups? Quantocks rider. Great photos. Sharki?

CountZero

Love Cockchafers, not something you want to hit you in the face on a fast downhill, though.
    One reason I never ride without glasses.
    Or grin…

I never realised they were beetles at first- they looked a lot hairier and more like moths when they’re in ‘flight’. They make flying look more like falling, but without ever managing to find the ground.

Well put; a barely controlled fight against the effects of gravity!

maxtorque

Jeremy.

That’s a good name for a bug!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘They came from above! -Name my Bug content’ is closed to new replies.