Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Thetford Forest.
  • woollybackpaul
    Free Member

Got an appointment in Colchester on Thursday morning which means driving down from Huddersfield on Wednesday PM.

Is Thetford worth a go? Any better suggestions down that way? Could anyone cover a presentation for me about the statutory inspection of lifting equipment and I’ll go ride the golfie instead?

dmorts

Wivenhoe, Flitwick, Tiptree, Holbeach, Pinchbeck, Terrington St Clement, Thetford Forest.

whoopiegoldbars
    Free Member

For round here Tunstall and Rendlesham Forest aren’t bad.
    Tunstall & Rendlesham Off-road Group

Otherwise Brandon CP/Thetford Forest are your best options.

Sandwich

Could anyone cover a presentation for me about the statutory inspection of lifting equipment

I could but I got out of that game, with my sanity just intact.

olly2097
    Free Member

It’s flat. Personally thought it was rubbish

letmetalktomark

It is flat and if your after gnarcore then you’ll come away feeling sad, however …..

The trails there, of which there are three that are waymarked, have had some time and money spent on them recently with some nice new features.

There is unarguably better riding in some of the places listed above but I don’t recall any of them being way marked so it depends if you have time to explore.

If you do go park at Brandon Country Park. It’s considerably cheaper to park than Highlodge and the cafe serves better coffee and cake 🙂

momo

I rode it at night while working that way, yes it’s flat and some sections of the trail feel like distance for distance sake (just seems to drag up and down a forestry block with no features at times) but, on the whole, it’s far more fun than not riding.

oldnpastit

letmetalktomark – Member

… and the cafe serves better coffee and cake

This.

stumpy01

Yeah, definitely park at Brandon and you can twiddle through to the start of the trails at High Lodge easily enough….

You need to take Thetford for what it is…..it’s great for a high speed blast through some tight singletrack. It’s better if you know the local trails on the Brandon side, admittedly.
    If you turn up expecting Peak District riding or Welsh trail centre trails you will be disappointed.

But, there’s good riding to be had there….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Thetford Forest.’ is closed to new replies.