Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • These incentives to get people to ride bikes for the environment…..
  • Then they go and buy dirt cheap bikes, probably mass produced in filth spewing factories in the far east. Or am I just being cynical?

probably, yes.
    if people take up cycling as their main form of transport as a result of such "incentives" (i'm not sure what exactly you're referring to there though- bike to work schemes and suchlike?) in favour of motorised transport, then surely the overall result is better "for the environment".

Premier Icon miketually
    Subscriber

Making a bike and shipping it from Taiwan produces about the same amount of CO2 as one tank of petrol, I believe.

Besides, the bike to work scheme is more about reducing congestion and improving health. The idea is that the tax lost is made up for by reduced NHS spending.

I take it back.

b r

Its a typical government scheme to take money (taxes and NI) out of minimum wage earners in shit companies and give in to those who can afford to buy a bike anyway working in the public sector and for blue-chips!

Usual bollocks.

druidh

b r – Member

Its a typical government scheme to take money (taxes and NI) out of minimum wage earners in shit companies and give in to those who can afford to buy a bike anyway working in the public sector and for blue-chips!

Usual bollocks.

Oh no. What have I started. Sorry everyone.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘These incentives to get people to ride bikes for the environment…..’ is closed to new replies.