Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • These hoax technical support calls….
  • muppetWrangler
    Free Member

How do they end?

Had my first one on the phone a couple of minutes ago, didn’t have time to string him along for long enough to find out exactly what the scam was. I was kind of hoping that once he knew that I knew that i was being scammed we could have a very quick chat, tried asking him how the call was supposed to go and how many people fell for it but he hung up.

Kryton57

Normally with them in credit as your charged about a £1 a second to recieve them.

Did you keep him talking long?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Normally with them in credit as your charged about a £1 a second to recieve them.

aaaarrrrrgghhhh! 😯

Not that long.

Kryton57

How long, in seconds?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Are you Tech Support John from Mumbai?

CountZero

Kryton57 – Member

Did you keep him talking long?

Eh?

allthepies
    Free Member

Charged to receive the call ?

My aching sides…

mudshark
    Free Member

How does that work then? Or perhaps its not true?!

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

How does that work then? Or perhaps its not true?!

i think he’s technical support John and he’s still having me on!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Good work from Kryton.

nealglover
    Free Member

Or perhaps its not true?!

Bingo !

😉

flap_jack
    Free Member

Usually ends with them getting you to connect to their server (they ask you for your ip address) so that they can suck bank details out of your PC. I strung one along and pretended to do as he asked, but half way through said that I’d suddenly remembered I was using a mac and his instructions don’t work.

Kryton57

[Indian accent]

Lol, well done ‘darcy / Neal. Sorry OP, you were nervous for s while eh! 😉

[/Indian accent]

zippykona

I usually ask them what they are wearing and start breathing deeply.
    Sometimes I even sicken myself.

suffolk
    Free Member

My folks had this a couple of years back, they knew no better and the guy remote desktop’d them, fortunately they have a Mac and that saved them it seems. They have been educated since! Oddly this happened to them at home in Greece with an call made in English (which is why they fell for it).

Never trust an Indian called John!

maccruiskeen

Why string them along for even a second – the caller doesn’t give a rat’s ass. The auto dialer that called you gives even less of rats ass. But the autodialer will be aware that the call was a) answered, b) you didn’t hang up as soon as they started the spiel.

nealglover
    Free Member

Why string them along for even a second – the caller doesn’t give a rat’s ass.

1. They aren’t scamming some poor innocent while they are on the phone to me having their time wasted.
    2. They are thieves, so I enjoy wasting their time and getting them angry.

There’s two good reasons, I’m sure there are plenty more.

And they most certainly do “give a rats ass”

I could practically hear the steam coming out of the guys ears when I started laughing and told him I was sat on the sofa and nowhere near a PC after 20 odd minutes.

cardo

I had one going for 30 minutes and he got pretty arsey when I asked him what colour the flag should be on the windows key, then commented on it’s similarity to a cornish flag and what great holidays we had had there and had he been blah blah blah… just laughed at him when he started swearing at me.

BigJohn

I once thanked the guy for calling so quickly because I’d only just placed a support call because I was getting blue screen booting up.

After a few minutes of this and that he asked “why you being so cheeky?” and hung up on me.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘These hoax technical support calls….’ is closed to new replies.