Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Thermarest or what?
  • Teetosugars
    Free Member

Seeing as there are loads on here that Bivi, just after picking your bghrains about what you Kip on?

Forgot to say, want small pack size too, so that kinda rules out Alpkit.

peterfile
    Free Member

Exped Synmat 7

Best outdoor purchase i’ve made. Sleep soundly and warmly on snow in -10 without issue. Much more comfortable than a thermarest if you’re prone to a bad night’s sleep on thinner mats.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Therarest since 1992 (2 types), selling my xtherm regular on fleabay as I want a bigger one.

I tried one of the Pacific ones, didn’t like it.

AlasdairMc

cynic-al – how much do you want for it? No delivery required as I’m in Edinburgh.

cynic-al
    Free Member

As much as possible, it’s only 3 sleeps used, mint, and I’ll need to replace it with a new one. email in profile if you want to make me an offer.

wwpaddler
    Free Member

Thermarest. Still using the thermarest UltraLite I’ve had since the early 90’s. Still as comfortable just doesn’t self inflate as quick as it used to. Wife had an UltraLite which delaminated after 5 years. Replaced with a brand new ProLite no quibbles. I’ve used mine on snow, ice and been warm enough but some people may prefer the thicker one. ProLite packs down even smaller than the UltraLite. The TraiLite used to be the next thickness up and wasn’t that much bigger than the UltraLite when packed. Think the model names have probably changed since the model names I’ve used.

Thermarest are expensive but IMO worth it.

gsm7
    Free Member

Alpkit airo seems to be quite good. Used on numerous bivvy trips in the uk and took it for a week of winter camping in Iceland. Kept me insulated and was relatively comfortable considering it’s size and weight. Still going strong and it was cheap.

I must say though, my friend has a thermarest neo air which I borrowed for a bivvy recently. Incredible!!! Far superior to any mat I have tried. But expensive…

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Cheers all,
    Thermarest Neo Air purchased… 8)

Edric64
    Free Member

Some lightweight fanatics use bubble wrap ,free ,light and warm.

shermer75
    Free Member

Some lightweight fanatics use bubble wrap ,free ,light and warm.

Noisy?

shermer75
    Free Member

Cheers all,
    Thermarest Neo Air purchased…

I’ve read some reviews of these and I’m quite keen to know more. What’s it like to inflate compared to a regular Therm-A-Rest? And some reviews said their noisy- how bad is it really?

scotroutes

You know when you are in the cinema and the person next to you is eating crisps???

That.

shermer75
    Free Member

Does it keep you awake?

boblo
    Free Member

Not if you wear ear plugs or are knackered from a day doing something energetic. The NeoAir is fantastic. Mine is four or so years old now ~150 nights. Hasn’t missed a beat, just need to watch out for sharp things though.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Neo air for me also …been using it for a few years now ….its perfect

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Vaude Norssken – a bit like the Neo-Air, but quieter and insulated – win win, surely? Oh, and cheaper

coffeeking
    Free Member

Exped Downmat 9. Best camping purchase in 20 years. Snow camping, rocks, anything – just comfy and warm!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Has anyone used an exped AND a Thermarest?

shermer75
    Free Member
    closetroadie
    Free Member

Thermarest – used one every night for 4 years (apparently I snore) until it developed a bubble in the middle. Got replaced under warranty. Coming up for a year on this one.

grahamt1980

Exped down mat for me too. Awesome bit of kit. Properly warm too.
    Has meant that my thermarests have stayed in the loft for a while now. Only really use them in the summer

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Thermarest or what?’ is closed to new replies.