Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • There's life out there, somewhere, possibly……..
  • frankconway

So many brilliant minds but we still know so little; anyway, this is fantastic – enjoy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/cassini_huygens_saturn

grtdkad

Yup. My cousin is full-on busy with this lot https://www.seti.org/

Having previously worked in NASA’s JPL and also on the Beagle 2 project. Good to see we can still export our boffs to the states 🙂

CountZero

That is beautifully constructed, it really works well on my iPad, the way pages slide over one-another as you scroll up is extremely well executed, and the photos are really clear.
    Well done whoever put it together for the Beeb.

bikebouy
    Free Member

codybrennan
    Free Member

Thanks.

kayla1
    Free Member

Awesome and, yes,

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Iwanttobelieve.jpg

Can someone please put the designer of those BBC scrolling articles in the stocks and throw custard pies (or worse) at them for an hour, please? 😈

bodgy
    Free Member

Beautiful piece of work. Gawd bless Aunty.

fasthaggis

It’s a nice reminder of the amazing things that humans can do when they all work together.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Stunning.

leffeboy

Beautiful piece of work. Gawd bless Aunty

that’s the first time I’ve seen parallax done in a way that really adds to a site. Nice

fasthaggis

Bye bye Cassini,a job well done.

Project manager off the net

Daffy

This kid of stuff is why I work where I do and not earning more money almost anywhere else I could chose to name. #exploitedbutokaywithit

slowoldman

Interesting stuff on The Sky at Night last night too about the discovery of complex long chain molecules.

slowoldman

Oh and there was a very, very (did I mention very?) good Horizon the other night on the Cassini project. it’s available on iPlayer.

teasel
    Free Member

there was a very, very (did I mention very?) good Horizon the other night on the Cassini project.

That was good. Very good, even. Been following the Cassini Solstice thing for quite a while.

In the future spacecraft will use those water plumes coming out of that moon as a ‘car wash’ when returning to this solar system… 🙂

Cougar

I’m not a fan of the “entire website on one page” approach generally, but that was an exception. Great read, thanks for sharing, FC.

slowoldman

I grew up during the space race and was fascinated by the manned space programs – in particular Gemini and Apollo.

I find unmanned missions like Cassini far more interesting these days. The knowledge gained from these missions is immense.

CountZero

Meanwhile, the Juno mission is continuing to send back extraordinary photos of Jupiter:

bikebouy
    Free Member

😯

Yeah, spectacular..

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Horizon was definitely emotional – even my two boys were upset at the finality if it all. Amazing work

frankconway

CZ – that’s a ‘wow’ photo!

Cougar

I grew up during the space race and was fascinated by the manned space programs – in particular Gemini and Apollo.

I didn’t, but I’m an Apollo geek.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

So many brilliant minds but we still know so little

Give us time. We’ve only been at it for a couple of hundred years and only really had tools anywhere near useful enough to really help us understand and observe our solar system and beyond in recent decades. Its a big cosmos and we have learned a hell of alot in a very short space of time, though still only just scratching the surface. Just imagine what we’ll know in a couple of hundred years from now.

frankconway

Wobbli – don’t know about you but I won’t be around in a couple of hundred years time so might as well comment about it now……..

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘There's life out there, somewhere, possibly……..’ is closed to new replies.