Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • There's a rat in my garden what am I gonna do?
  • dropoff

We used to have a semi tame rat living under our decking but our neighbour put poison out 🙁 However 6 months on and we have another one back so it was a bit pointless really.

[/url][/img]

tiger_roach
    Free Member

I’ve got one of these for catching small mammals. Got to be careful about killing grey squirrels though – RSPCA won’t be impressed if they hear you’ve killed one in an inhumane way….

TiRed

You call the local authorities who send round the pest control officer (ratcatcher). Free for domestic properties. Had one come several times. First time my wife asked how to remove it humanely. This was met with a withering look!

bikey
    Free Member

Just got in from work. Looked out the patio windows and low and behold, as bold as brass Mr Rat is sat in the middle of my back garden sunning himself, with out a care in the world! Now I know he posses no threat to me at the moment and he is technically doing me no harm, but if he gets the idea that living in my garden is a “cushy” number I dont want him to invite all of his mates around for a party!!! I also dont want it to end up like a scene from Caddyshack where Bill Murrey goes to great lengths to out smart a Gofer, but always ends up loosing badly!

Matt

mintimperial

Phone the council, tell them you’ve got rats, they will likely come round and sort it sharpish for nowt. And for those people defending rats as harmless, the fact that your local council will usually get rid of them for free should tell you something about how desirable they are as neighbours.

I think rats are brilliant, but I wouldn’t want feral ones anywhere near my house, thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘There's a rat in my garden what am I gonna do?’ is closed to new replies.