Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 99 total)
  • There's a new Uuni pizza oven
  • dmorts

The Uuni Pro

Uuni Pro on Indiegogo

I’ve got the Uuni 2S and it’s great. This new one looks good, although I think for now I prefer my smaller one

sparkyspice
    Free Member

Watched the video and are in the process of ordering one!
    What extras would you recommend?

dmorts

Nice! My Uuni 2s came with everything required, it was a bundle from BBQ Land I think. All that made it a bundle though was the inclusion of wood pellets. The only additional thing I did was make a small table to use it on.

Something I do need to get is a small blowtorch for lighting and maybe an infrared laser thermometer (actually quite cheap)

sparkyspice
    Free Member

Their “own brand” wood chips are very expensive compared to the bulk stuff used for things like biomass boilers. Have you experimented with other types? I see their own brand are German Beech…

Others on the UUNI website have said “Get two pizza peels” so you can keep trucking at high speed!

It looks like the perfect thing for the beach in the summer!

dmorts

The stuff for biomass boilers might contain some nasties you don’t want near food. Still got enough of the own brand stuff for now, the oven hasn’t been out since last summer unfortunately! There’s an Uuni facebook (Uuni Community) that’s a good source of info

mrlugz
    Free Member

I bought an UUNI 2S because of a thread on here 🙂

The new one looks a bit spendy for essentially a slightly larger version. I do think the gas adapter is a good idea, could make it usable indoors?

Top tip – Ikea blue bags are the perfect size for carrying it. I made a couple of pouches for the stone and chimney. all fits in lovely.

I havent used anything other than their own brand chips. They may be a lot dearer than the biomass ones, but id rather not take a chance with unknown particulates that may or may not be in heating pellets.

simon_g

I have a Uuni 2S on order (new batch due in March), also because of finding the thread on here!

Was tempted to cancel and get an order in for this, but it’s doesn’t seem a really useful increase in size (wouldn’t ever be using it for roasting meat or anything like that), and it’s over twice the weight. An 11kg oven is easy enough to take with us, a 26kg one is a commitment. Plus I’d rather be eating pizza in March rather than waiting until July at the earliest.

dmorts

A note on the wood pellets, some people on the Facebook group found that some other brand pellets produced excess amounts of soot and didn’t burn as well.

Still, I think there are non-Uuni pellets that do as good a job. I’ve not had the need to deviate yet

sharkbait
    Free Member

The new one looks a bit spendy for essentially a slightly larger version

This. My feeling is that they’ve got themselves on the map with the 2/2S and now they’re going for the big bucks/big profit margin version.

dmorts

The new one looks a bit spendy for essentially a slightly larger version

[quote]now they’re going for the big bucks/big profit margin version.[/quote]

Actually I think if the price stays around £450-£500 they’re still good value in the overall pizza oven market for an oven of that size, especially as it’s still ‘portable’ to a degree.

ourmaninthenorth

I’ve had a 2S since it was released. It’s only used at home, but stored in the garage so portability is useful.

I’ll have a look at the new one, but I suspect I’d be more likely to build a permanent oven if I wanted something bigger.

I only use the Uuni pellets, for the same reason others have discussed: more confidence about their safety for use with food. I suspect BBQ pellets are OK, though they’re less popular in the UK.

I quite fancy a blow torch for quick lighting, though I find using Flamers firelighters a non-lighterfuel alternative.

EDIT: I met Darina at the Grand Designs show. It was great to be able to give feedback to the makers on a great product. Tellingly their small stand was much busier than the other outdoor cooking suppliers.

sparkyspice
    Free Member

Bough the oven on Tuesday night. It arrived on Thursday and we used it straight away. First pizza was a disaster due to sticky dough that we left hanging around for too long. Got the hang of it in the end though.

Used it again last night and now have it totally dialled – even when we drop an egg on the top.

Lady Ga Ga can will not be the Super Bowl half time entertainment in our house on Sunday night. We’ll be making pizzas and drinking beer!

Thanks DMORTS!

wrecker
    Free Member

I got lucky at christmas;

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Actually I think if the price stays around £450-£500 they’re still good value in the overall pizza oven market for an oven of that size, especially as it’s still ‘portable’ to a degree.

😆

dmorts

There’s another one launched today, the Uuni 3.

Looks like an evolution to the 2/2s and is at the same price. The good news is the new hopper on this retrofits onto the Uuni 2S

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

My pre-order for the 2S has now been turned into a pre-order for a 3. Shipping in 10 days supposedly

dmorts

Nice, I’m tempted by the new burner, which would fit my 2S

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Wrecker, how do you like the weber one? I may be tempted to get one of those, even at that silly price.

steve-g
    Free Member

Every time this thread comes back to life I have to strain every fibre of my being not to pull the trigger on one of these. Please stop it

dmorts

Resistance is futile

benp1

I have to say, this sounds like a pretty cool way to spend an afternoon with the family. In the sun, making pizzas and cooking them in the garden

tod456
    Free Member

Wrecker, how do you like the weber one? I may be tempted to get one of those, even at that silly price.

Plus 1 and if the £120 includes the stone then it’s not “too” bad as the weber stone is £50.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Plus 1 and if the £120 includes the stone then it’s not “too” bad as the weber stone is £50.

I already have a couple of stones, so no issue. Where did you see it for 120?

mrlugz
    Free Member

On an side note, anyone with a 2s can get the new basket/pellet hopper arrangement on the 3 as an bolt on upgrade.

£25 + P&P.

broc
    Free Member

I’m just about to back the Pro. I decided that it was worth it due to extra cooking surface and the ability to make breads etc. Combined with quad-fuel ability, extra door, temperature gauge, water-proof case etc it just turned into the most compelling option for me, even at twice the price of a 3.

pyranha

Like Steve-g, I’m finding this thread is difficult – and really not helped by an imminent windfall PPI settlement from Northern Rock. And my wife being due £4000 in back pay.

I make pizzas but the results from a standard oven aren’t quite ‘right’. Pizza stones are a pain. Will one if these change my life? Bear in mind I live in Scotland so warm Sumer nights are pretty rare. We only fired up barbecues twice last year.

broc
    Free Member

I’m actually going to be moving to Glasgow, from London, in August and am going to purchase this specifically to take it into the Highlands when we go camping. I cannae wait!

bruneep

Man up! I’ve made pizzas in horizontal sleet and pouring rain. Pizza cook in less than 2 mins so you’re not out there long

Just ordered a 25kg bag of caputo 00 pizza flour, mulling over the new burner box.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Ace, cheers buddy.

broc
    Free Member

Anyone here already backed the campaign and want a free sizzler with their oven? I’m going to back it and figured someone could refer me to get the free add-on.

tod456
    Free Member

If you get one, let me know what it’s like and what it comes with please, as I’m tempted.

broc
    Free Member

Hi Tod456,

I am definitely getting one. I’ve had a play with the original Uuni and it was great. The things stopping me from taking the plunge were – 1) bad heat retention 2) reliance on own-brand fuel pellets 3) fairly small pizzas and 4) low oven height limiting types of food you can cook in it.

The pro addresses all of these issues as it’s 1) insulated and has a brick oven floor 2) quad-fueled (you can use gas, normal wood, the wood pellets and charcoal) 3) capable of making 16″ pizzas and 4) has a larger oven height.

It comes with a pizza peel, fuel hopper, scopp and, for this campaign only, it comes with a second door (one for pizzas and another for larger items) and a waterproof case. I believe that when it goes to retail it will not come with the extras and will cost another 150USD.

Let me know if you have any questions – I’ve been in touch with the guys a lot and they’ve addressed all of my concerns.

BTW the campaign runs out in 10 hours!

Cougar

It’ll outlive your login.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Broc, he’s asking what the weber attachment comes with.

Tod456, tells you on amazon what it comes with.

Edit – nice spot Mr moderator!

benp1

So thanks to this thread I bought an Uuni 2s!

I used it on Saturday (shorts and t shirt in the garden, weather was lovely, family all outside)

All pizzas turned out winners – garlic and olive oil, tomato and mozzarella, then add chicken and sweetcorn to the next one, and then blue cheese as well. (They got more toppings as they went along). Used the jamie oliver dough

Used the Uuni wood pellets (which it said were made of oak), very little ash, impressed. Used some BBQ fire lighting fuel to light them, it lit them pretty easily

I used an old floor tile, a massive one, as a base to do the rolling and topping on.

I hope to get a fair bit of use out of it over the summer. Seems less faff and more family friendly than a BBQ, not quite sure why

jsync

Hi,

Advice required please. I was looking at the kettle pizza or pizzaque for my 57cm Weber. It looks like its around £100-120 to get this, and extra for the stone if I go kettle pizza. Thing is, would I just be better off with a unni 3 for a bit more? My thoughts are they do the same job but the unni is probably quicker / more efficient, whereas the BBQ option takes up less room and is cheaper. Anyone else had a similar (1st world) dilemma?

Thanks,

spacemonkey

Is the Uuni 3 the same as the Uuni Pro?

Also, has anyone cooked anything other than pizza with success? And are “their” pellets expensive for everyday use?

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Ready for the weekend

benmotogp46
    Free Member

I’d avoid paying the £18 Uuni are asking for their pellets.

As long as you’re buying ENPlusA1 grade, they’re all the same product.

molecountrystores.co.uk do 10kg bags for approx £4/5

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘There's a new Uuni pizza oven’ is closed to new replies.