Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • There Will Be Blood [Film]
  • redthunder
    Free Member

Watched it last a night and cant decide if I liked it or not.

Pish or Not ???

What do others think.

psychle
    Free Member

I liked it… preferred No country for Old men though…

ourmaninthenorth

Good film.

Don’t view it as a Hollywood film (i.e linear, happy ending, all that sh*te). It’s essentially an independent film made with a large budget and a famous (if rarely seen) leading man.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    redthunder
    Free Member

I sort of liked it, but don’t know why ???

Stoner
    Free Member

watched No COuntry for Old Men last night. Not a bad film, but its just another Cohen Bros film like the reat of theirs. In fact it might as well have been called “Fargo: without the snow”

nickc

Liked it for the acting extraordinarily powerful performances by all the cast, that regular Hollywood fare just doesn’t get near. Oh, and the Score…

sodafarls
    Free Member

Great film well made. A bit like Clare Denis’s work…no simple answers or solid ending, but lots of potential for thought.

psychle
    Free Member

it was a beautifully shot film. Daniel Day Lewis and Paul Dano put in great performances as well. I did like it, just preferred No Country better…

noteeth
    Free Member

Prefer No Country for Old Men – tough doing justice to a McCarthy book, though. Spare prose like no other.

sodafarls
    Free Member

I enjoyed “no blood…” too. Just different films, no point in comparing them really.

psychle
    Free Member

They both came out the same time and were both being touted for Oscars… There Will be Blood won out in the end didn’t it? That’s the only reason I’m comparing them 🙂

noteeth
    Free Member

Just different… no point in comparing…

How do you know they are different? Did you compare them? 😀

sodafarls
    Free Member

How do you know they are different?

Ah, I realise my mistake now, or soonish, maybe, perhaps…. 😉

noteeth
    Free Member

You have the second sight, soda – get thee to a bookmakers.

DezB
    Free Member

Didn’t like …Blood. Acting was brilliant, but the story left me cold. Sort of, oh right, is that it? at the end. I wouldn’t bother watching it again.

No Country.. I could watch over and over. Fantastic.

Nick

Both fantastic

Also just watched The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, another great movie.

sodafarls
    Free Member

“The road” is getting a film, how the **** wil that work? I don’t care really though,but still, I hope it reaches it’s potential.

moog77
    Free Member

both good movies, watched tropic thunder last night, hm not bad.
    seed was another , bit rough though…….

beinbhan

Watched it last night waste of 2+ hrs, persevered thinking something exiting was going to happen it didn’t

xherbivorex
    Free Member

watched “no country…” a couple of weeks ago, and it just confirmed my suspicions that i’m just not into watching violent films any more. does nothing for me.

watched “there will be blood” on saturday night. thought that it was pretty great, but then again i’ve enjoyed all of P T Anderson’s stuff so far. he has a great eye for setting up a scene… very stylish.

flyingmonkeycorps

Didn’t like …Blood. DDL’s performance was awesome if a little melodramatic in places, and there were a few shots that were amazing, but that was about it

Drac

Dull as dishwater long drawn out film and DDL was err DDL his acting style never changes.

noteeth
    Free Member

“The road” is getting a film, how the **** wil that work?

Indeed. The book was so knockout powerful – hard to imagine any film capturing it. Other than making one cup of tea, I didn’t actually dare stop reading…

sodafarls
    Free Member

“The road” is getting a film, how the **** wil that work?

Indeed. The book was so knockout powerful – hard to imagine any film capturing it. Other than making one cup of tea, I didn’t actually dare stop reading…

It will be an abomination with an introduced love interest, an action movie, a half assed attempt at a middle ground for the average film goer, or something brilliant that will upset a lot of people and become a cultural touchstone. That’s my prediction 😕

noteeth
    Free Member

That’s my prediction

😀

*crosses palm with virtual silver.

Gilles

It’s a film about capitalism and that’s good in our current crisis. To be damned for money. See it as DDL being the devil and even managing to corrupt the angel. Soo brilliant. The bible revisited.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I liked it, it was different for sure, but thought provoking.
    Although I was left wondering where the film was going at times, you could see the thought process, & the anger building throughout, FFS I wanted to **** the preacher.
    What got me was why his brother left, and went to DDL for a few quid, but I think we all like revenge 😉

tinribz
    Free Member

I liked it, good dialogue thought Eli played a great part. A little irelevant but saw Clubbed (2008) the other night, better than I expected.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Oh, I should add I have watched ‘unknown’ today, & I have absolutely no desire to do so again, not a bad film, just left me stone cold.

Cheers.

Smee
    Free Member

It and no country for old men are both shit.

noteeth
    Free Member

It

Different film, iirc. Something about a clown…

2tyred

Absolutely loved it, gutted not to have seen it at the cinema.

Approached it warily, suspecting it was a bit ‘mass market’, but was blown away. Epic and raw cinematography, proper heavy brooding performance from daniel day lewis.

Although different in tone, it put me in mind of Jim Jarmusch’s Dead Man, one of my favourite ever movies.

Soup
    Free Member

All the way through I thought this was a really great film. Sadly about 10 mins after it ended I decided it was crap.

I tend to experience this with many films – very irritating.

ourmaninthenorth

Other than making one cup of tea, I didn’t actually dare stop reading…

Likewise. Made a holiday in the sun feel very weird….

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘There Will Be Blood [Film]’ is closed to new replies.