Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • There is room at the Inn for weary traveller
  • bruneep

http://www.kincardineshireobserver.co.uk/news/community-news/there-is-room-at-the-inn-for-weary-traveller-1-3230883

An ex-military serviceman who is travelling around Britain on a mobility scooter has said he is “flabbergasted” to have been turned away from Stonehaven’s Queen Elizabeth Caravan Park today because his vehicle didn’t “meet their requirements”.

Mark Newton, who is eight months into his challenge, said that it is in direct contrast to his reception at other sites, where he has often had his fee waived and a donation made to the charities he is supporting.

But after the Mearns Leader shared Mark’s plight on Facebook, the town’s Royal Hotel stepped in and offered to put him up for the night.

The caravan site have confirmed that they turned Mr Newton away because his “outfit wasn’t up to standard”, and added “He was towing a trailer with a lot of junk attached to it.

words fail me.

Rorschach
    Free Member

allthepies
    Free Member

His face, what colour is that ? 😮

yossarian
    Free Member

Puce

dabble
    Free Member

Ruddy.

ElShalimo

Windburn?

RustySpanner

I think that’s his war face.

That is a dedicated man, good luck to him.

yossarian
    Free Member

That is a dedicated man, good luck to him.

That is a barmpot

yunki
    Free Member

my 4 year old is playing the innkeeper in the nativity at pre-school and he has been ad-libbing in rehearsals.. according to the staff there may well be loads of room at the inn after he’s been and checked upstairs!!

Tuesday is going to be awesome!! 😀

takisawa2

My youngest (6), was a Robin in his schools nativity performance last Tuesday. He got a little carried away playing air guitar during one of the songs. 🙂
    The video will be used as leverage when he becomes a stroppy teenager.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘There is room at the Inn for weary traveller’ is closed to new replies.