Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • There be Dragons…. In Leicester!!
  • dirkpitt74

Huge fossilised ‘sea dragon’ found in Rutland reservoir

Now that’s pretty cool to find during your working day!!

kayak23

MoreCashThanDash

No, they are in Rutland. Leicester only finds Kings.

sirromj

Uhuh it would be that one I can’t pronounce to my kids wouldn’t it. Any tips!?

rOcKeTdOg

Paul and Bob are gutted they missed putting that one back…..and away….

kayak23

Die-know-sore

hth

stumpy01

Ooooh, the people of Rutland won’t be happy! They are quite defensive about their little county! Leicester 🙂

piemonster

Ick-theo-saur

multi21
    Free Member

sirromj

boring answer but if you whack the word followed by pronunciation into google it gives it phonetically

ik·thee·uh·saw

A disappointing one is diplodocus, which I always that was “diploh docus”, in actual fact is duh-plod-uh-cus.

Superficial
    Free Member

Die-know-sore

hth

Technically this is not a dinosaur, for some reason. I know this because I have a 6 year old, although his reference books don’t go into detail about classification (stupid dumbed-down pop-science).

Superficial
    Free Member

pho·​net·​ic·​al·​ly

lovewookie

Mr Ichthyosaurus, from moschops? I used to love Moschops.

dcwhite1984
    Free Member

I used to love Moschops.

Ahh good old moschops – i was explaining this to my wife as we were arguing about Diplo-docus vs duh-plod-a-clus.

She thought i was very odd when i told her it was about a bunch of dinosaurs and the worlds first flower. think she thought id been smoking something.

oldfart

I live in Street Somerset , the Icthy is our Parish Council’s logo . There have been quite a few skeletons found when there were quarries in use though obviously none anywhere near that big !

poly
    Free Member

@superficial – I believe technically dinosaurs are the “land living” ones, and these lived in the water – hence the distinction.

Greybeard
    Free Member

Dinosaur means “terrible lizard”, Ichthyosaur means “fish lizard”. A 10m Ichthyosaur seems pretty terrible to me.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘There be Dragons…. In Leicester!!’ is closed to new replies.