• This topic has 85 replies, 61 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by mt.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)
  • There are some angry men out there – scary!
  • benz
    Free Member

Leaving local supermarket this afternoon.

Turned onto exit in front of another car which then accelerated hard and started tooting horn.

I stopped at the exit, got out of my car and walked back to the other car.

Guy jumped out and said “I’m looking for an excuse to knock the head clean off an old c*nt like you so what is your problem?” Right in my face and shorter than my majestic 5′ 7″.

His kids were in the back of the car and his female companion was now looking the other way.

I responded “You need some help if you have anger like this. I did not think I cut you up as you had stopped to let that lady cross the road.”

He then got back in his car and I walked to mine and admit to saying “Idiot!” as I went. Cue him jumping out of car shouting “What did you say?”. I replied “You heard me. You are an angry idiot. You need some help!”. He then got back in his car. I then walked to his car and he wound the window down. I simply told him he might meet a really nasty person who might do him damage if he did not calm down, and walked back to my car and drove away. Half expected to be followed or rammed from behind…

However still a bit shaken by the encounter – which was needless and could have escalated into something more serious.

MoreCashThanDash

I used to be tempted into having conversation like that with such people. Being assaulted changed that mind set.

I find the phrase “Do you kiss those kids with that foul mouth?” throws them off track

Rockape63
    Free Member

Nice! It’s at times like that you wish it was legal to have a .44 Magnum in your back pocket and legal to blow such **** heads off!

johnners
    Free Member

However still a bit shaken by the encounter – which was needless and could have escalated into something more serious.

Yep, escalation was definitely a possibility once you’d chosen to exacerbate the situation.

scotroutes

There are some angry men out there – scary!

Simon

Getting out and going to talk to the guy was probably a mistake.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Why did you stop and get out of the car? Surely better and more satisfying to allow him to have his childish tantrum in his car without getting any response from you?

wrightyson
    Free Member

A certain nutcase/very hardman I know would have dealt with the situation slightly differently. It would have involved taking the angry mans car keys out of the ignition and throwing them away. This leaves said angry man speechless and a little embarrassed as you drive away leaving him ****!
    You did very well to remain calm, I’ve had several incidents in my time, however I tend to avoid the out of car confrontation now as your average level of road rager has gotten dangerous. It would have to be going off big time to get out…

jedimaster
    Free Member

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I stopped at the exit, got out of my car and walked back to the other car.

Because he beeped his horn? Would you see that as threatening if it happened to you?

EDIT too slow!

simmy
    Free Member

Standard day to day stuff in my job.

There’s some idiots out there and they are better off ignored.

anagallis_arvensis

I threw someones keys away once when having an altercation with a car driver when riding my motorbike. It didnt help the situation at all! Blowing kisses and driving off is the sensible option when in a car. On a motorbike I find just stopping is th most sensible option. It can get scary with twunts tailgating yowhen on a motorbike… I should add that I dont always do.the sensible thing.

project
    Free Member

Leaving local supermarket this afternoon.

Turned onto exit in front of another car which then accelerated hard and started tooting horn.

Would have been better if you snook in front of him at the checkout, got the club card points coupons out, shouted down a mobile phone to ask what else we need luv,hunt for a card,card not accepted so try another one,then another, question the cashier on the validity of a multi million pound accountancy system, (the till), eventually find a card that has some cash on it, fold the receipt slowly walk away 2 feet ,take receipt out again,check figures again, mumble, walk off a few feet more, then stop dead and announce i should have shoped at WAITROSE.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

+ 1 for don’t get out the car, but hindsight is a wonderful thing. I find a big smile, or hearty laugh in their direction generally sends such angry nutters into orbit.

johndoh
    Free Member

Sounds to me like you were exactly as bad as each other – both all talk and no trousers.

wrightyson
    Free Member

AA this guy isn’t your average fella trust me. You’d be happy that he’d just chose to throw your keys away..

bigblackheinoustoe
    Free Member

Benz, you were wrong in that situation. Not saying he was right but you did not act correctly. You should have just driven off. In fact you’re making me angry as I type this …G’DAMMIT!!! COME HERE ‘N I’LL KNOCK YER BLOCK ORF…GRRRRrrr

eddiebaby
    Free Member

You’re lucky it wasn’t Muddydwarf and his knife collection.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

There are a lot of angry people in here too.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I threw someones keys away once when having an altercation with a car driver when riding my motorbike.

Many years ago I was riding Mrs PPs DT125 with her L plates on. I’d already passed my test a couple of years earlier. I filtered between two rows of traffic nearly to the front where there was a van stopping me getting to the lights. I pulled in just behind it, between it and a car behind it, just to the right of the white lines, and waited patiently. Or so I thought.
    Our lane turned right and the bloke in this car (a Passat estate, I remember it well) started to try and force me out of the way rather than let me slot in behind the van. Gestures were exchanged. As we entered the road we were all turning into he was trying to force me into the kerb. My left hand was over the kerb, my right hand over his headlight, quite literally. I couldn’t get in front of him. Realising I was running out of options I slowed a tad and gave myself enough room to stamp as hard as I could on his wing. I damaged it quite well. I was well above him on a trail bike, remember.
    THEN he backed off. I braked and as he came past me I saw the look of shock in him and his wifes faces as I drew level, I made my exit stage left.

He really was trying to have me off the bike, no doubt about it. I can only assume that the scabby DT and the L plates made him think I was a young kid who he could bully out of his way. Wrong.

I’m not proud of it, it happened, and as far as I’m concerned it was self defence.

It’s the only such incident I’ve ever had in the whole 17-ish years I’ve been riding motorbikes. I’ve done exactly the same manoeuvre time and time again, every day I ride virtually, with no issue at all. What possessed this bloke to do that is still beyond me.

EDIT
    My only regret is not ripping his wing mirror off and throwing it through the window, to be honest….

benz
    Free Member

Yes, probably should have driven on but I was curious about the need for the aggressive driving.

With some hindsight I may have appeared threatening to him and his family, but I was taken aback by his level of aggression when he got out of the car…how he was looking for an excuse to…old c, etc…

Makes me wonder about the confidence of some folks and potential risk. For all he knew I may have been a complete nutter….

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Makes me wonder about the confidence of some folks and potential risk. For all he knew I may have been a complete nutter….

But… You’re the one who got out the car.

hora
    Free Member

A real nutter would hit or kick your car if you stayed in it. Get out and you have changed the game rules to threatening him.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Getting out and going to talk to the guy was probably a mistake.

NOT giving him a good slap was your second mistake. 😈

DezB
    Free Member

I think you did the right thing. Let the prat know he’s being an arse. Nice one.

And that PP 🙂

Three_Fish
    Free Member

With some hindsight I may have appeared threatening to him and his family, but I was taken aback by his level of aggression when he got out of the car…how he was looking for an excuse to…old c, etc…

He beeped his horn at you. You responded by stopping, getting out of your vehicle and marching towards him, his wife and his children. And you’re surprised that he went onto the offensive?

project
    Free Member

You should have jumped out shoulder back,chest extended, and get the lap top out, sign onto singletrack, and type in the chat forum box, “a small man tooted his horn at me in aldis car park”.

And then politely ask him to wait why you look for a suitable course of action.

ski
    Free Member

my thoughts on this are, what are you going to gain by stopping and getting out of your car to confront this driver?

If you do this with every driver that rattles you, eventually you are going to encounter someone who will be prepared to damage you.

Its a 10 second encounter that you can (I guess) simply drive away from safely.

Sandwich

Never argue with idiots as they will drag you down to their level and beat you with their superior experience.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

“I responded “You need some help if you have anger like this. I did not think I cut you up as you had stopped to let that lady cross the road.””

He sounds like a complete ***t…

taxi25
    Free Member

I’ve driven over a million miles, never got out of my car once to confront anyone. Still don’t understand why the op did, unless he fancied a fight as well. 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

There are a lot of angry people in here too.

You shut your ****ing ****y face you **** swinging **** chomper.

p.s ****!

p.p.s:

oldnpastit

IETF RFC1855 Section 2.1.1 :

– A good rule of thumb: Be conservative in what you send and
    liberal in what you receive. You should not send heated messages
    (we call these “flames”) even if you are provoked. On the other
    hand, you shouldn’t be surprised if you get flamed and it’s
    prudent not to respond to flames.

Applies to real life as well.

anagallis_arvensis

I went to fill car up with diesel last week. Lots of cars waiting as half pumps out of action. Get to the front and a cars pulls off so I slot in having to go past a car at the pump. Start filling up, bloke walks past me and gets in his car. He then starts blasting the horn and giving me all sorts of hand gestures. I walk up to his window and ask what his problem was “you cant even wait **** five mins”. Apparently I should have waited so that he could drive out forwards rather than have to reverse out like he managed to do when I gave him my opinion. People are odd and they get angry/brave behind the wheel. He had walked straigjt past me and didnt say anything until he got in his safety bubble.

dannyh
    Free Member

I reiterate the post I made on the ‘dog walker calls police after having a go at me’ thread.

The bloke was a tosser. They are everywhere. EVERYWHERE. They are like an offshoot sub-species. Happily he’ll meet a ‘fellow’ tosser at some point soon, probably a bigger one with a natural aptitude for fighting. That’s the thing with tosssers, no camaraderie.

johnners
    Free Member

The bloke was a tosser. They are everywhere. EVERYWHERE

That’s true enough, but there are different levels of toss. The fairly harmless ones post inflammatory wannabe hard man nonsense on a web forum or sit in their cars with their families and toot their horns.

technicallyinept
    Free Member

About 10 years a nutter* wrote my car off by reversing (ramming) into it whilst we were in a queue of stationary traffic.

I jumped out of my car to confront him, then saw the look in his eyes and ran away faster than I thought possible. He chased me, I fell over, he fell over, I got up and ran back the other way. For about 30 seconds I honestly thought I was about to be murdered in front of a bunch of sleepy commuters. Police were called but the chap had wandered off.

*He got picked up later that day by British Transport Police. Turns out he’d had some kind of breakdown and was later sectioned.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Who is the more idiotic – the idiot, or the idiot who calls the idiot an idiot when that idiot is already aggravated?

But yeah, there are a lot of people out and about who can’t cope with modern life and seek temporary relief by having a go at a stranger for no reason. Seems to be a growing trend.

thegreatape
    Free Member

It reads to me that the OP remained calm and just spoke to the bloke without shouting etc. If that’s the case then I say well done for challenging his **** behaviour in an appropriate manner. (If I have misread the post and you were actually being a nob then you’re a nob 🙂 )

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘There are some angry men out there – scary!’ is closed to new replies.