Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Therapy? Troublegum – 20th Anniversary Tour
  • bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Anyone been? I think tonight (Southampton) is the last date…looking forward to it.

Cougar

Now you tell me.

*cries*

Northwind

Saw them in Glasgow on monday. Took a while to get going- the crowd’s as old and fat as the band after all- but once they got some momentum it was brilliant. These “play the whole album” things can be a bit flakey but the album still stands up and some of the tracks sounded better than ever… (Unrequited fell a bit flat) Don’t know if they’re doing the same set every night but the encore was not expected! I couldn’t dance to Bloody Blue 20 years ago…)

Oh, I really enjoyed the support band Lonely The Brave, I think most of the crowd didn’t tbh but hey. Worth checking out. Maybe a wee bit whiny/emoey (but like Eeyore, Therapy? were emo before emo was cool). Once they figure out their guitar/lyric dynamic a bit better they could be great, like punkier desert rock.

Next gig: The Wildhearts. Then Machine Head, then Carter USM. What decade is it again? 😆

verses

I saw them play the whole of Troublegum about 3 years ago so didn’t bother going to this tour, just seemed too soon.

Saw Andy Cairns do his acoustic set at a tiny venue in Cambridge last year 🙂

I too have Wildhearts next week, at the Electric Ballroom. Then Sabbath then Pearl Jam… What decade….

xlaire
    Free Member

What was the solo acoustic gig like?

Thinking about heading to the acoustic one in Dublin but not sure how the songs will hold up au natural. At 20 quid, it would want to be good!

Saw the Troublegum show about three years ago too. The first half of the show, which was the Troublegum bit, was brilliant. Everyone singing along. The second half was awful. Lots of potlitcal rants and discordant noise, but not the good kind discordant.

verses

The acoustic show was excellent, although I think that may have been largely down to the venue. It also felt like me and my mate were the only 2 people there who weren’t his friends and family…

Many of the ‘noisier’ songs worked surprisingly well and he filled with anecdotes about how some of the songs had come about.

It was good enough that I bought his acoustic CD at the end (rare for me). Unfortunately it’s not a great recording, I remember him saying they’d recorded it in one sitting and you can definitely tell…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Therapy? Troublegum – 20th Anniversary Tour’ is closed to new replies.