Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Theft in Bristol – Spesh Enduro and Epic
  • agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Yet another Bristol bike theft. This time from Horfield. I’m not expecting anyone to find my bikes, and they are insured, but just to warn people.

Some scrotes broke into my brick outbuilding while I was away this weekend and stole 2 bikes by ripping a pretty solid bracket and motorbike chain straight out of the wall. The chain has disappeared, so I guess they took the 2 bikes while they were still joined together. Would have been an interesting sight, or quite a trick to ride.

So, if anyone spots a 2006 Enduro Expert (with brown Talas 36 forks) or a 2008 Epic Expert, around north Bristol, give me a shout.

cheers

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

So, spoke to the police for my crime, sorry “incident” number, but they arent interested in seeing the crime scene. they were interested in how many gears the bikes had though, and what colour the grips were. Very strange.

Apparently the police in Bristol will challenge youths riding bikes that look too expensive for them. Not surprisingly they said to keep a look out in Cashconverters….

More upsetting than the original incident though, was M&S insisting that the replacment bikes are dealt with by Halfords. OMFG, not again

Can anyone recommend a good alarm for a shed / outbuilding?

cheers

Swiftacular
    Free Member

What about thsat blank shotgun shell thing, did we ever establish if it was legal?

MrAgreeable

That’s rubbish, just thought I’d bump this for you. They may well be gone but you never know. Have you tried posting on the local mountain bike club’s website?

Re the insurance issue, you could argue that it’s an unreasonable term of the contract and threaten them with a referral to the Financial Ombudsman Service. Might not work but it could be worth a try.

shinsplints

Fkn scum – may they break their legs trying to ride them.Hope they come back home safe,or at least are replaced for you with the minimum of hassle.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Thanks guys. Told the loss adjusters what I thought of Halfords, and so I’m going to get a cash settlement, which is good news at least. Buy one bike as a replacement I reckon and spend the rest on building myself some safer bike storage with an alarm.

Next question, what mountain bike for £3,500? 😀

MrNutt
    Free Member

oh nice budget! what do you ride most?

sofatester
    Free Member

You might just be able to affort a Santa Cruz frame for that, the way things are going!

colande
    Free Member

sorry to hear about the loss,
    be sure to secure up your existing setup,
    more than likely they will come back again!

AmyYoung
    Free Member

Also stolen in Bristol last Weds were an Orange Patriot and Giant DH bike, stolen from a student house with 7 students in it at dinner time. I spotted the bikes in Southmead later in the evening and we gave chase in a police car but the kids got away. Basically, if you have bikes in Bristol, get down to Southmead and drive around for a while! We went back the next evening and spotted a few ‘out of place’ bikes (including an expensive looking cannondale)!

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Amy – how did you get the police involved? They couldnt have been less interested in my theft. At the risk of offending 1 or 2 on here, the sooner someone tests some new nuclear or chemical device on Southmead, the better. This is my 4th bike theft in 5 years, and I’m going to struggle to get insurance next year.

What really p1sses me off and worries me, is that this was planned to some degree, and I had probably been watched for some time before. Dont know if they knew I was away last weekend, or just made that much noise and didnt care.

sofatested – funny that, was thinking about a Bullit. I have a good trail bike already and am looking to replace the 06 Enduro with something beefy (but not full on DH). Might have enough change to reinforce the bike lockup and fit an alarm. Yep, I guess they probably will come back, which is why a 10′ gate is about to be built across the only entrance to the rear of the house.

AmyYoung
    Free Member

I went to my friend’s house to go to the pub and he told me his bikes had just been nicked. I said I’d drive over to Southmead to see if I could see them. When I saw them, I phoned him up and he had the police at his house so they all sped over to Southmead. I think they came round straight away cos the theft had literally just happened. They had the forensics come to his house as well. Although they didn’t spot the GIANT CROWBAR that had been left in the garden – doh!!!

Philby

Sorry to hear of your losses. Will keep an eye out in the Redland, Cotham, Gloucester Road areas.

Might be worth following up on Avon & Somerset Police’s commitment to us the public:
    http://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/LocalPages/SSN/pledge.aspx

or contact the local sector inspector (probably based at Southmead nick), particularly if this is the 4th theft in 5 years.

Also don’t forget to keep you eye out on flea-bay and gumtree.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Theft in Bristol – Spesh Enduro and Epic’ is closed to new replies.