Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The Young Offenders – TV series
  • Pook

the film was good enough in its own right, but the TV series is just brilliant. A perfect balance of slapstick and pathos. It’s just ace. It’s had me laughing out loud and in the next moment holding back tears. The chemistry between the two leads is ace and the supporting cast is fantastic.

Bloody brilliant.

It’s on iplayer

RustyNissanPrairie

Yeah, also watched the film and watched them all so far on iplayer, great program!

Stoner
    Free Member

Just watched the film last night, nearly soiled myself. V funny indeed.

And starring role for an On-One Inbred and a Sultans of Ping sound track! What’s not to like?!

I shall watch the series now.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Series an improvement on the film IMO, which is understandable given the two lads’ relative inexperience as actors.

There are so many things it gets right on the money, there are just too many to list. Hands up those of you who’d never heard “shift” used in that context before. 🙂

trademark
    Free Member

Film was great, never knew about the series.

Thanks for the heads up.

SiB
    Free Member

There’s a film too?!?!?! Oh the joy!

Watched the series on iplayer……..funniest tv I’ve seen in a few years.

I realise that girls are in the series (and film) but IMO males can relate more to it?

Also a fan of This Country on the iplayer, very funny

sssimon
    Free Member

Billy / Fake billy is such a genius character

https://g.co/kgs/zNgRoP

sweepy
    Free Member

Comedy genius right enough, I nearly missed out cos when I first watched it I could hardly understand a word. Don’t let the accent put you off, it gets easier when you get your ear in.

andy4d

As a Scot living in Cork I love it. Knowing all the landmarks, slang etc adds to the joy. I was unsure how well it would go down in the UK, glad it seems to be a hit. My eldest is at school with one of the headmaster daughters too. I think they are due to film the next series soon so it will be back.

donncha

Yep – it was brilliant!

Check out Derry Girls on the 4OD player – it was also very funny with some cracking tunes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nglW0WW7N8

Burchy1
    Free Member

Cheers OP, i didnt realise there was a film aswell! Took a little while to get the accents but its a brilliant series. Especially liked the Tuna episode!

Watty

Yep, cheers. Love it.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Is this one that Mrs ws will whinge about or shall I give it a go?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘The Young Offenders – TV series’ is closed to new replies.