Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 107 total)
  • The yearly 'need proof, no making shizzle up' how many miles you done thread!!!
  • radoggair
    Free Member

Lets go STW, what we all done in the past 365 days!!

_tom_
    Free Member

Will check my computer tomorrow but I think only about 2000.

somafunk

If you’d asked me 6 yrs ago i could quite honestly have said 15000miles+, as i never dropped below 300miles/week on my ss, however last year i doubt i broke the 500miles mark…and that’s a generous estimate at that.

So far this year i’ve done 23 miles on new years day wi a lap of Kirroughtree so i’m chuffed wi my progress and determination to get back on it again, I’ll hopefully take that up to 50 miles t’morn 😀 , not much compared to some on here but i have to start somewhere.

TheSanityAssassin

According to Endomondo I managed 4,365 miles in 2012. Mainly tarmac though.

druidh
    Free Member

4,800km – that’s cycling, walking and paddling. Less than half what I managed in 2011 but a glance at the “duration” figures shows much less of a drop. Less road biking/more mountain biking and walking I reckon.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I don’t know.

Probably to many at one point and then not enough recently.

palmer77
    Free Member

3303 miles

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

At a guess I’d probably say somewhere around 6000 – 7000 miles.

Although I’m probably miles (about a thousand!) out!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Probably around 4000 miles, mostly on the roads here and in the US. I did a few mountain bike epics though too. Looking to do another big tour in Europe this year.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

1988Km recorded so probably another 10% of unrecorded so I’m guessing 2200km

busydog
    Free Member

About 1300 miles, all on trails and all in the mountains & foothills—Like it or not, I have to face it—-busydog is getting older!!!!

mrphil
    Free Member

Near 7k all in, ride to work is 70 miles a week + 50 on a weekend.

This year hope to log all rides.

miketually
    Free Member

1700 miles. About 1000 of that commuting and the rest spread over about 11 rides, which is all that I managed this year.

mooman
    Free Member

Garmin connect has my mileage as just under 5800miles.
    Thats only miles on road bike. Never enter mtb miles.

fizzicist
    Free Member

3298km aiming for 4k next year

richardk
    Free Member

1420km recorded for 6 months, so approx. 2840km road & mtb cycling. Excludes indoor turbo sessions though…and I did lots of those
    567km recorded for 6 months running, so approx. 1134km running
    Approx 100km swimming

All from strava, but my profile is locked down so no link to it.

beej

8926 km / 5546 miles road, 446 km / 277 miles MTB.

Grand total: 9372 km, 5823 miles.

Very road based year, more MTB in 2013.

weeksy

3600km for me in 2012.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

1486 miles apparently-very disappointing.
    Hopefully closer to 5000 this year if I can.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Garmin says 2266km. Not a lot really.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

4187.9km for me

orangeboy
    Free Member

Garmin total was 3995 miles
    Was not even close to the 6000 I had wanted

warpcow
    Free Member

2184km of mountain biking, according to endomondo. 600km more than last year. I expect to be down again for 2013.

hugor
    Free Member

Endomondo tally 5900 kms. Mtb 2300kms Road 3600kms.

scaled
    Free Member

2100 on strava for last year – it’s a bit more than that due to a few weeks of broken iphoneness

MicArms

last year just managed to clip the 6K mark with 6004 miles..889 miles mtb, and 5116 miles on the road.
    I blame the weatherthough for the MTBing, as 2011 did 2076miles mtb and 4308miles on the road.

proof here.. but only if you’re on my friends list.

theblackmount
    Free Member

Singletrackworld indeed 😉

c 450 / 500 hrs riding time (offroad)

Jason
    Free Member

According to Strava 4,260 miles. I haven’t checked but it is probably a 50:50 split of road and off road miles.

simondbarnes

7034km

2012 by simondbarnes, on Flickr

hugor
    Free Member

Of my 5900 kms for the year 1400 were big smiley rides on my fatty bike

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Less than half you radoggair, but i prefer taking the train to work 😉

Think figures were 4800 miles 450k feet climbing.

freeagent
    Free Member

1120 miles – about 800 of which were on the road.

Aiming for 2000 miles this year.

grahamg
    Free Member

A shamefully low number of off-road miles, like maybe 200 max (I shouldn’t be on this forum ;)), and then Garmin connect says 7,400km but that doesn’t include 1200km on tour in July. It wasn’t anywhere near what I was hoping to do, but I just gave up between job changes, moving house/town and the shitty weather.

I should add that I’m making a special effort to get as much riding as possible in over the next couple of years before attention turns to sprogs.

jonba
    Free Member

2565.5 according to Strava. I only bought a GPS in April and don’t carry one on my commute so you can easily double that.

Mix of on and offroad. It is pretty easy to rack up big miles if you are doing a century on the road every other weekend through summer and commuting 50+ miles a week.

bob_summers

Just under 15000km not counting commuting.

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

7507.02 Miles. According to strava and my garmin for my one missing month of January. Check Richard Jones on strava for proof.

Its been a mostly wet and soggy 7507.2 miles thats for sure.

c_klein87

6,206miles according to Strava, but that missing a 12hr race as I forgot to switch it off on the way home 😳 mainly xc miles but more recently road miles due to the crap weather.

http://chris-noble-mtb.blogspot.com/

edd

I commuted (my only road riding) 866 miles. No idea how many mountain biking but I would guess about 700 miles.

D0NK

4968 apparently most of it commuting tho (3755)

only 2294 off road 🙁 crap weather grrrr.

Just got a cx bike so next year should be a lot more offroad miles but still probably about the same commute:fun riding ratio, but hey off road commuting is a lot nicer than on 🙂

proutster
    Free Member

Started using Strava at the beginning of May and I’ve done 51 rides, 70 hours and 549 miles (but take off about 30 because I forgot to pause it whilst on uplifts at Antur Stiniog and Cwmcarm).

All on the MTB with as little road miles as possible – just joining up BWs etc.

Pathetic total compared to most of the above – target for this year is 1000 miles, first ride of the year tonight 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 107 total)

The topic ‘The yearly 'need proof, no making shizzle up' how many miles you done thread!!!’ is closed to new replies.