Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • The "Working on Christmas Eve" Thread.
  • Candodavid
    Free Member

Been busy mending shoes and selling brollies, i’m loving the rain today

cheeezzy24
    Free Member

Not working this xmas for a change so i’ve GOT to be all festive and sociable.Just wrapped everything and made a right mess. Will definately be riding Cannock on Boxing day to escape for a few hours!!

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

A few minor bike fixes (for customers) and last minute small purchases this morning. Now wondering which is the lesser evil: staying here bored or packing up and getting wet riding home.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Off home in a Mo, but before I go..

MrsBouys texted and said Canary Wharfs mental and all carparks a full and turning folks away..

For those that live in That London obviously..

Ta ta folks.

Drive/ride/fly safely.

noteeth
    Free Member

Working all day today and tomorrow in emergency surgical admissions.

It’s busy. 😕

mrchrispy

right…ive had enough for the day.
    whole site shuts down for christmas but nobody told the remote indian developers, dont they know its christmas eve ffs. i havent stopped all day, oh well…time for church (and by church i do indeed mean pub)

wool

Been driving round the lakes seeing customers, phoned the office and they all have gone home ! Not happy 🙁

CountZero

Had to go in this morning to deal with whatever post the Royal Mail saw fit to deliver, get it sorted for the girls to process and get the cash banked, because one of our clients insist on their winter draw being done on Christmas Eve.
    Fortunately there wasn’t too much, and most people were away before mid-day! Hurrah! That’s it until 2013. 😀

Trekster

Finishing @ 6 😆
    spent most of the day rigging up pumps to shift water from places it should`nt be 🙄
    Drinks with daughter and grand kids tonight, lunch with son & daughter + grand kids tomorrow 😆 followed by a night shift 🙄

brack
    Free Member

Mid way through 5 x 12 Hr shifts… 2 nights to go.

Don’t know how many times I’ve nearly thrown in the towel on this run of shifts.

If you can’t get through to the out of hours GP… Don’t take it out on us !! We are way way beyond being able to cope.

Paramedic Practitioner…

spchantler
    Free Member

my oh is at work till 10, manning emergency out of hours service for the council. i’m in the studio trying to sort out my inputs, after i’ve eaten this steak.

labsey
    Free Member

Short shift today. Watched team assemble massive buffet, then later try and divvy out said buffet as far too much food was brought in.

DavidB
    Free Member

I’ve been programming a geocoder,it now works, so I can move from office to the sofa. Love the emergency services to death, but us SMEs have a tough time over Xmas as well.

forge197
    Free Member

Wasn’t supposed to be, but did a few bits remotely most of the afternoon as we had “issues” relaxing now mind you

deviant
    Free Member

Brack, Paramedic Practitioner is what I do too…which service do you work for?
    Thankfully my last ambulance shift was yesterday, no more 999 work or referrals until mid January, just some moonlighting with custody work at the moment to offset the cost of Christmas!

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘The "Working on Christmas Eve" Thread.’ is closed to new replies.