Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • The "Working on Christmas Eve" Thread.
  • flyingmonkeycorps

So, what’re you doing to while away the hours until you can go home and start on the serious Christmas business of eating, drinking and tolerating relatives?

Today I am mostly using this:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/build-with-chrome/lbbbhbjeecagnlfgggogfclkdjamoapf?utm

(No idea if the link will work)

missnotax
    Free Member

I am mostly eating… So far been on the mini cheddars, just about to break out the mince pies. Homemade by me I might add 😉

There are 3 of us stuck here so at least I have people to talk to I guess!

philconsequence
    Free Member

just taken a patient shopping in reading town centre in a wheelchair…. easy peasy!

now to kill time until my half-day (had to use annual leave to get this afternoon off) finishes and i can go home to take the dog out in the local swamp (woods) and start preparing christmas dinner.

beej

7 people in instead of the usual 50 or so in my bit of the office. No-one else from my immediate team.

I’ve done some real work (writing about our new innovation projects so the rest of the company can see what we are up to) and a little bit of Google+ing, looking at houses on RightMove, eating a maple pecan danish and drinking coffee.

DezB
    Free Member

I’m using the time wisely: browsing the internet to investigate BB30 removal.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Buying myself Christmas presents to rebuild my Curtis in time for the new year. Oddly though, most of the stuff I’ve bought is either the same or very similar to the stuff I sold a few months back. Not exactly cost effective.

Planned spec is:
    Frame: Curtis S1
    Fork: Salsa Cromotos
    Headset: FSA Orbit
    Seat Collar: Gusset Clench
    Wheelset: DMR Revolvers / Mavic X317s / WI freewheel and some big, light, 2.3 or 2.4 tyres
    Cranks & Ring – TBC
    Seat & Post: SDG I-Beam
    Stem: TBC, probably a Thomson 70mm or maybe something in 60mm flavour
    Bars: Nukeproof Warheads probably with a bit of rise on them
    Brakes: TBC, might put the SLXs off my Five on it and use it as an excuse to get some Hopes for the Five
    Grips: squidgy ones
    Pedals: PDM520s
    Chain: KMC

Think thats it. As you can see, a productive morning. Just bought the Salsas, might do some tyre shopping next.

Pigface
    Free Member

Hiya

about to have a movie quiz that we have devised, home at 12.

flyingmonkeycorps

We have 5 people on a site which usually contains around 300 staff and 2,000 students… It’s a bit quiet today!

trail_rat
    Free Member

I used to love working xmas eve – but i did work in busy bike shop.

I think if i went into my office today expected to work i might have jumped out the office window in a swan dive fashion.

bikebouy
    Free Member

“looks over the desk at tumble weed flowing down the office”

It’s Oh So Quiet (as the song goes) So mostly I’ll be finishing off my Sausage Sandwich, large Tea and reading STW & Road.CC trying to gain interest in riding and people having fun/taking the pi** out of each other and updating myself on Horas onward march to Frame Nirvana & PhilC’s merriment.

redwoods
    Free Member

There’s eight of us in the office this morning vaguely pretending to be productive. Been and had a big cooked breakfast so far and several tea runs and soon to start on the homemade yule log that one of us has brought in.

Oh, and discovered that my Elf name is Jolly McJingles according to this here from The Poke.

Shall be shuffling off at about 12-ish I think!

iridebikes
    Free Member

I’ve been to fix 2 lights so Dar, and on my wy to the next. Fun fun fun

flange
    Free Member

Yep – was up at 4, drove 200 miles to be in for 9, working until 4, then driving 4 hours home. Currently I’m not feeling very Xmas’y

I’ll be keeping the wheels on the buses going round and round tonight.

missnotax
    Free Member

Oh, and discovered that my Elf name is Jolly McJingles according to this here from The Poke.

Apparently I am Elvis Peppermint…. Scarily that sounds more seedy than festive 😯 !!

MSP

I am testing the integrity of the offices internet connection, and being a dedicated hard working type, I am doing a very thorough job.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Would actually rather be working than in the hell hole of chaos that is the house with the wife stressed to **** because she still has food shopping to do, people coming round with presents, SIS’s later where inlaws, nephews, etc are all going to be there.
    Can’t wait………

ThePinkster

Bizarrely, i’m actually properly working today, developing statistical performance reports built for a $1B customer 🙁

DrP

I’ve been spending the time building my disappointment in the fact that I’ve clinics this afternoon (due to staff sickness) that I normally wouldn’t have.
    Christmas is cancelled.
    Bah Humbug.

DrP

deviant
    Free Member

Working in a Surrey police station today, very quiet, the good people of Guildford seem to be behaving themselves at the moment….roll on 7pm and I can go home.

LMT
    Free Member

Working 11-11, hhhmm our particularly food retail store is classed as in an ethnic area so we are open until 10pm, gives me an hour to get them out, lock down the shop and then pray the alarms set, normally 24hr opening so we only do this once a year at christmas, it top it off its a 60,000 sq ft store takes forever checking every door, every fire door etc…for a full alarm set.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’m not starting work until 1pm, so this morning it’s getting the roofbox on and the car packed up.

Then an afternoon/evening of trying to sort out paperwork for a couple of cases, and then as long as everybody in the area I cover behaves themselves, at 10pm I shall start my 500 mile journey south for Christmas with the outlaws, so everything is crossed today!

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Day off today but had a very busy weekend as a result of the Preston Park Cable BBQ, slightly miffed that Great & Glorious Leader completely failed to mention our dept in dispatches yesterday!

So pottered round Sainsbury’s this morning and felt any xmas spirit evaporate in about 30 mins of experiencing the greed and rudeness that is the human race in a supermarket on xmas eve.

fatboyjon

Deviant – are you guys coping without Woody?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Mrs FD isn’t having a Christmas. At work till 6 today, back in tomorrow 8am till 10:30 am boxing day.

Ho ho ho

Milkie
    Free Member

I’m in work, supposed to finish around lunch time… I have nothing to do!!! 😕 But still have some shopping to do!

colonelwax
    Free Member

At work until 5, in a medical library. Students have gone home, not many hospital staff around.

It’s very quiet.

docrobster
    Free Member

Normal morning surgery (waiting for my next patient who is late!) and visits then I’m off this afternoon.
    I’m going to visit a chap with an aggressive brain tumour for whom it will be his last christmas, poor fella. Puts things in perspective a bit.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Been struggling to get an ageing Exchange server to bloody work for most of the morning whilst eating mince pies and wondering whether my alerter is going to go off in the next hour for a final shout of the year before I sign off for Christmas.

banks
    Free Member

Docrobster – grim but does put things in perspective a bit! Get pissed with him, might have some stories or office antics

tinman66
    Free Member

Having a nice quiet day in the office, no stress, no peeling veg or getting annoyed by relatives.

Just rewriting a strategy document that I’ve been putting off for ages then going to get started on a load of other paper work I’ve been avoiding.

Leaving at 3pm though.

finishthat
    Free Member

working , its busy, our offshore colleagues have decided to go on training last week and this week .. /sbin/fsck to them .

flyingmonkeycorps

Dammit, just ran out of virtual LEGO bricks. How can that even happen?

deviant
    Free Member

Fatboyjon…haha, yes….just flying solo today….now at Woking police station, first alcohol related incident of the day. Impressive, not yet lunchtime!

Pooley
    Free Member

Today, for 12hours we will be mostly supplying you peeps with electrickery! Merry Christmas for later.

boltonjon

Woke up late after a translatlantic flight last night, car battery was flat, got to work 45 mins late and there was no food van

Keeping my sense of humour considering my holiday blues

Just had a phone call from a old mate offering me a job in Australia

Food for thought over the Xmas break!! 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

My Programme Managers just turned up!! Bloody cheek!! Oh.. hang on he’s got somethign to say.

hmmm..
    hmmmmm…

Awe that’s nice of him, we’re going home at 1..
    Yey!!

zippykona

I am selling lots and lots of chocolate and eating even more.

stevomcd
    Free Member

I work in hospitality…. 😯 🙁 😯 🙁

fizzicist
    Free Member

Currently staring at a monitor. Usually it has big spreadsheets and powerpoint bollocks on it.

Today it has a lergely empty email inbox and STW.

Bored.

Had a Sausage sandwich.

Wife’s just told me how much more of my cash she’s spent.

Going for a poo with last months mbr.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘The "Working on Christmas Eve" Thread.’ is closed to new replies.