Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • the word **** in a song on CBBC?
  • GrahamS

Except Thomas Crapper didn’t invent the flush toilet.

Okay, so he only “popularised” the flushing toilet and invented the ballcock (also not rude).

Point is that branding like this:

May have led the existing word “crap”, meaning rubbish, clutter, or nonsense to take on a second toilet-based definition.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I vote Nope.
    Reason? easy, I find the word offensive.

Mike_D
    Free Member

May have led the existing word “crap”, meaning rubbish, clutter, or nonsense to take on a second toilet-based definition.

“Crapping ken” as a toilet was recorded in 1846, apparently. Thomas Crapper was 10 at the time, I doubt he had much to do with it 🙂

GrahamS

Yep I read the OED definition too. 🙂 But I’ll bet few people said “I’m going to the crapper” in 1846.

The actual etymology of crap is fairly vague. Chambers suggests that it comes from the 15 century, as crappe chaff, from Dutch krappe.

Cougar

You wouldn’t say “crap” in front of your mum??? Mental.

Sorry, no, I meant the word that’s the subject of the OP.

GrahamS

Ah right. Mmmm I think that would depend on context. I probably call someone “a tw*t” in front of me mum, but I wouldn’t use it anatomically, i.e. “ooooh he kicked her in the tw*t”.

That’s just rude 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

i would call my mum a **** but only if she was being one

GW
    Free Member

yunki – Member
    GW.. you come across as a bit of a nob on here sometimes but admitting publicly that you’ve had the wool pulled over your eyes by a 9 year old is daft even by your standards..
    but quite amusing

[b]****[/b]

was said in a song by Dick and Dom on CBBC.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Oh excellent move, well played!! Anyone searching for the phrase Dick and Dom along with ****, will spend a lifetime on google. Like painting the forth bridge.

yunki
    Free Member

aaaah.. well that’s me told..

sorry sir.. 😳

was this in a dream that you had..?

GW
    Free Member

😆

GrahamS

Did you get the lyrics GW? I’d be interested to hear the context to see if it justifies it (not sure how it could though)

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Did anyone see Stephen Fry talking about swearing on telly last night?
    Suggested that swear words are an evolutionary adaptation whose use inbit violence.
    The example they gave was toddlers biting as a reaction to negative events though this behaviour receeds when they learn to say **** *** *** ****.
    They also had Fry and Brian Blessed put their hands in an ice bath for as long as they could without swearing; Fry, who is not a swearer, repeated the task but was allowed to say **** **** **** and doubled his time, Blessed on the other hand, who swears like a trooper performed worse despite the use of F****** B****** W***** B*******, suggesting using swear words too often reduces their magic powers.

It’ll be on catch up and was far better than I describe it, they also had a Tourets super hero, complete with cape.

yunki
    Free Member

bollocks 😉

robsoctane
    Free Member

What a bunch of Dick and Doms you lot are… 😉

CBBC is there to teach our bairns and Horrible Histories has more crap in it than any other. My 8 year old son and I regularly sing along!

‘I’m the king that brought back partying’!

yunki
    Free Member

they also had a Tourets super hero, complete with cape.

BISCUITS..!!

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Ah right. Mmmm I think that would depend on context. I probably call someone “a tw*t” in front of me mum, but I wouldn’t use it anatomically, i.e. “ooooh he kicked her in the tw*t”.

Of course this being the BBC they ought to have said “thwaite”.

Disappointing drop in standards.

GW
    Free Member

All Chant after me..“Am..Wah..Tat..Wah..Tie” .. ..“Am..Wa..Tat..Wa..Tie”..

and again.. c’mon now, all together?

Faster?

He he.. 😆

GW
    Free Member

I do like Dick and Dom 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

we prefer “William Wallace Scottish rebel” or the four georges in my house. Horrible Histories should be watched by adults just superb

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘the word **** in a song on CBBC?’ is closed to new replies.