Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 163 total)
  • The word 'B*tch' get's past the swear filter. Why?
  • DrJ

Which makes mrsfry’ rather spectacular flounce even more inexplicable, it just seems so completely out of character.

On the rag, innit.

aracer
    Free Member

I’m still thinking the whole thing being a wind up is far more in character – which is the attitude I’ve taken with all my other posts on this thread. Poe’s Law…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

it just seems so completely out of character.

Not really. She/he has been here before, certainly. Pretty sure she/he also had a rather more enforced departure last time round.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

*Thinks*

‘Margaret Thatcher’

There you go…

dumbbot
    Free Member

What an epic strop, ..toys well out the pram.

convert

Is the OP having some sort of breakdown? It’s all a bit desperate and attention seeking isn’t it?

Cougar

Not really. She/he has been here before, certainly. Pretty sure she/he also had a rather more enforced departure last time round.

Say What You See…

v8ninety

Is this the same MrsFry who does all the borderline inappropriate innuendo stuff <tries to muster up a rightful indignation huff; accidentally farts instead>

perchypanther
    Free Member

I had made a promise to myself to no longer bait mrsfry ( despite being a master at it) as I think there might be some genuine issues there.

@mrsfry – U ok Hon / mate / whatever?

SaxonRider

Jeez, I quite liked mrsfry. Oh well, I think you responded quite well with your six points, above, Cougar.

Hopefully s/he’ll come back.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Hopefully s/he’ll come back.

Without doubt. Might be another login though. Who knows, it might already be up and running.

Drac

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoA6HqLai-Q[/video]

bigrich

bollocks isn’t sweary, it is an old english word meaning priest. proven in court by that record shop in nottingham or wherever

vickypea
    Free Member

I’m a bit confused. As a woman myself, of course I wouldn’t be part of STW if I felt there was an atmosphere of people being derogatory to women. I honestly haven’t seen any posts that were derogatory towards women, although perhaps I’ve missed something?
    In fact mumsnet is sometimes derogatory towards women, by women themselves!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

In fact mumsnet is sometimes derogatory towards women, by women themselves!

Ohh, that sounds bitchy 😐

legend
    Free Member

BoardinBob

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Actually, I feel a bit bad. I think we should have swallowed our pride and accepted MrsFry had a point – just because it would have been the nice thing to do.

But hey.

scotroutes

Ah, the gallant/condescending approach. Always a hit with the ladies.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Actually, I feel a bit bad. I think we should have swallowed our pride and accepted MrsFry had a point – just because it would have been the nice thing to do.

But hey.

Ah. The ol’ reverse white knight.

Oh, and was it just me who read the OP’s username as mrsfry, and not Mrs Fry? So assumed s/he was a dude?

yunki
    Free Member

So Mrs Fry has left?
    Good, I found many of their posts to be rather tasteless, bordering on sexual harassment..

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

White Knight? You’re assuming that mrsfry was actually female and not another members alter ego when they’re off their meds/released from broadmoor.

Is that sexist?

Have we fallen down a rabbit hole here?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Oh, and was it just me who read the OP’s username as mrsfry, and not Mrs Fry?

No, not just you.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Have we fallen down a rabbit hole here?

If we have, can you be my hero and catch me?

…or you just going to be a little bitch and let me fall? 😈

beefheart
    Free Member

scotroutes

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puTtnqoqHLQ[/video]

bruneep

I’m guessing this thread won’t make it on to FB.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I bloody love a flounce!

Probably not bruneep.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

http://www.tiggelovend-kok.nl

Business names also need to get past the swear filter… mods be mods not gods

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Threads go on Facebook?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Yaaarp. Especially recently.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I always read mrsfry’s name as Mr S Fry…

slowoldman

I always read mrsfry’s name as Mr S Fry…

Oh well we know he’s a right moody *****

scotroutes

bongohoohaa – Member
    Threads go on Facebook?

Only the ones that are likely to generate lots of additional clicks. Social media is a great way of advertising. Many companies do it these days.

yunki
    Free Member

I remember back in secondary school in the 80s there was a huge furore over girls using the term ‘dog’ to one another in a derogatory fashion, which ended abruptly when the whole school was called to an assembly..

It was hosted by the formidable figure of Rita Clapshaw the deputy headmistress.. She was of the oldschool breed and was greatly feared by every pupil and staff member, in fact she had been away from the school for a couple of years and the rumour was that she had been on suspension for her overly harsh and violent treatment of a school bully, or another teacher, or a rude parent, or maybe even a visiting platoon of royal marines..
    Imagine Trunchbull from Matilda, but empowered by righteousness

She stood up in front of us all, eyes popping out of her head, wobbling and shaking with rage and spat out a furious tirade, daring anyone to call her a dog and shouting and swearing so loudly that kids were bursting into tears all around the assembly hall..
    She ended her speech by roaring at the top of her lungs ‘I am a BITCH! A TOUGH, MEAN, BAD TEMPERED **** BITCH, and if I hear one more of you call a girl a DOG, you will have ME to deal with… GIRLS ARE NOT DOGS, THEY ARE **** BITCHES!’

I for one, am gonna take Rita Clapshaw’s word on that

GrahamS

Jeesus, where the hell did you go to school yunki??

She must have been fun during Ofsted visits 🙂

slowoldman

Ah those were the days.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Jeesus, where the hell did you go to school yunki??

Clyst Vale Community College at a random guess.

GrahamS

Oh right yeah. With Mr Pearson as the head, that weirdo Mr Lee for PE and Jock the caretaker who was always up on the roof getting tennis balls down?

Happy days. 😉

yunki
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 163 total)

The topic ‘The word 'B*tch' get's past the swear filter. Why?’ is closed to new replies.