Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 428 total)
  • The Winter Olympics thread
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The Attenborough bit, if that’s what was on PM last night, I was in pieces laughing at it!

shermer75
    Free Member

DON’T MENTION THE EYES!!!!!!!!!!!

fuzzhead
    Free Member

cant’ wait to see the highlight of the skicross later – French clean sweep

shermer75
    Free Member

I reckon Elise Christie is going to deliver a gold on Friday as well. Woohoo!!

jobro
    Free Member

And that’s Anna Sloans eyes not Eve Muirhead

Not that I’ve been looking closely you understand!

jobro
    Free Member

Not that I’ve been looking closely you understand!

GrahamS

I was going for “appalled curler face”, rather than “these eyes”.

But now you mention it, Anna does have lovely icy blue eyes too*. Maybe it’s a curling thing.

* (No disrespect to her as a human being or as an accomplished sports person. She can do those things and have nice eyes)

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

The precision of these last few throws (including the Canadians yesterday and the men) is incredible.

The eyes are lively too!!! Who sponsors the eyeliner?

GrahamS

and the men

Yep, the blokes manage a good man-stare too:

jambalaya
    Free Member

@aracer we used to holiday with a company run by a Sarajevo games xc racer (he was reserve for the DH and probably the best skier I’ve ever skied with, Royal Marines) anyway we had many interesting conversations about xc waxing, incredible really built up in layers dependng on uphil/downhill sections of the course and snow temperature etc etc.

@cfh as a non boarder (skier) and observer of wakeboarding (GF pretty good) I wonder whether the head/eyes position favours toe side turns as your head is in a more natural position, not trying to look over your shoulder ? Plus you have the natural right/left handed / sided stuff.

LHS
    Free Member

The eyes are awful, looks like some 7 year old got hold of a black marker pen and tried to replicate her Mums chavvy makeup.

Kit
    Free Member

The eyes are awful, looks like some 7 year old got hold of a black marker pen and tried to replicate her Mums chavvy makeup.

Good Lord, some people are right ***** aren’t they?

LHS
    Free Member

Yes they are if you like that kinda thing.

GrahamS

“Chavvy” black eye make up? Do tell me more…

(no, actually don’t. Let’s get back to the sport eh?)

LHS
    Free Member

That’s a good look, applied with style

somafunk

LHS : Are you being deliberately obtuse and shallow?, or are you outing yourself as a #1 prime cockweasel?. I figure that you have obviously achieved much more with your life by the age of 23 if all you can comment on is eyeliner, you could have mentioned Eve’s numerous world junior titles she’s won, or Anna winning the European youth title, or the world championship they won as a team last year, or Lauren putting in long days over the past 3 years at Glasgow uni whilst also training 7 days a week so she could compete, (accordingly she got a 2.1 in English Lit & political history) – no mention of a “well done for a bronze medal”, but you felt the need to comment on their choice of eyeliner?, like i said #1 prime cockweasel.

LHS
    Free Member

LOL chillout!

nickjb
    Free Member

Can we change the subject (or at least transfer this conversation to the other thread EDIT: looks like it got deleted so lets definitely change the subject)?

Just watched the ski cross highlights. That was the best photo finish ever and fair play to the Russian for stretching for the line

source: http://www.businessinsider.com/olympic-ski-cross-crash-2014-2

LHS
    Free Member

That is one of the best photos i’ve seen for some time.

lemonysam
    Free Member

The womens curling final is building to a right bum squeaker…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Just watched the ski cross highlights. That was the best photo finish ever and fair play to the Russian for stretching for the line

One place where I wouldn’t want to be skiing on those square nosed Rossignols! 😀

brakes
    Free Member

if the UK team spent as much time on their training as their hair and makeup, they might have got a decent medal.

**runs back under bridge**

GrahamS

How does a photo finish like that ^ work then?

Is it the first tip of any equipment or body part to cross the line? Presumably you still have to be holding the equipment but seems like you could stretch pretty far with a ski pole?

nickjb
    Free Member

Any bit of your body over the line

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I would have thought it was the ski tip that should win it, hence the Rossi comment.

However, if not – First body part across the line? Really not sure!

lemonysam
    Free Member

How does a photo finish like that ^ work then?

It’s first body part over the line

lemonysam
    Free Member

nickjb
    Free Member

Its even better as an animated gif 😮

source: http://www.businessinsider.com/olympic-ski-cross-crash-2014-2

torsoinalake
    Free Member

What is up with the goggle strap under the helmet? It can’t be comfortable.

Crazy kids.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I’d pay to see a skicross remake of rollerball, could feature some legendary mo’s, sharpened ski equipment and epic duels …

As someone with two busted knees I wince at these guys throwing themselves at the line after taking that huge final jump and the speed they are going … they don’t lack commitment or desire

johndoh
    Free Member

That finish would have been especially funny if the guy in 4th had gone on to win gold 🙂

grum
    Free Member

Trying to find the highlights or a full replay of this on iplayer, can anyone help? I’m not finding the BBC online coverage very easy to navigate.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@grum me neither, I can only find replays of the bbc main channel coverage not red button stuff. So I think you have to pick the main coverage you think has it then scroll through the replay/downloaded programme.

sweaman2
    Free Member

Womens hockey final turning into a nail biter… Canadians left it late but 2 goals in last 5 minutes mean overtime is calling… should be tense..

molgrips
    Free Member

That finish would have been especially funny if the guy in 4th had gone on to win gold

Similar happened in short track speed skating recently didn’t it? Three stars fightint it out, no hoper at the back going through the motions; three stars all take each other out, guy at the back trundles over the line with a comedy ‘I can’t believe what just happened’ expression 🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

Canada women, great game and a great goal to win gold 😆

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Canada women, great game and a great goal to win gold

I’ll be glued to the telly for the men’s final & that’s a fact!

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Yeah, both the hockey games today were awesome.

nbt

@grum, I have it recorded on my PVR and when I get my software update installed should be able to export it to USB, when I so so I will upload it if you like

having said that it’s probably the same as this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b03xcmp0/Winter_Olympics_Sochi_2014_Highlights_Day_13_Mens_Ski_Cross/

which I think is quarter finals onwards

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 428 total)

The topic ‘The Winter Olympics thread’ is closed to new replies.