Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 428 total)
  • The Winter Olympics thread
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Leaving aside the corruption and vileness of Russia, let’s try and keep this one on the sporting front shall we?

So, what are you looking forward to?

For me, it’s all about ski cross! Such an utterly loony race, and great TV too.

Men’s DH? Well, my money is on Svindal. Looks on great form right now. Oh, and an outside bet? Always Bode M! Skis like a maniac, win or crash.

The skeleton is looking pretty lively this year as well, with some real hopes for a medal or two for the GB sliders.

bails

ski cross

+1

I don’t know anyone’s names but always enjoy watching the downhill skiing, bobsleigh etc, anything with speed and danger.

brakes
    Free Member

I have to say the BBC advert for it has piqued my interest.
    Not massively bothered about it but will watch anything that looks interesting and hopefully it will create some momentum.
    Always liked the bobsleigh since I was a kid, and agree that the ski-cross/ border-cross (do they do both?) is good entertainment.

sandwicheater

Freestyle skiing will be fun to watch,those guys are nails.

[video]http://youtu.be/_bsk7rbZyD4[/video]

brakes
    Free Member

I assume that, given their massive worldwide popularity, there’ll be a fatbike race?

ton

anything with ladies and tight lycra skinsuits……… 😀

Pigface
    Free Member

Ice Hockey for me, Ryan Miller in goal for the USA, but I will be supporting Finland.

The Russians will be desperate to win it.

fasthaggis

So, what are you looking forward to?

All of it 🙂

kimbers
    scuttler

In particular – skier cross, ice hockey, mens slalom.

Everything else except ladies ice bowls.

molgrips
    Free Member

EXCITED!

About all of it. Except ice-hockey of course. But I may watch to support Finland.

I bloody love snow, especially as a transport medium. If I ever emmigrate it’ll be to somewhere that has cold winters, for that reason.

luffy105
    Free Member

Definitely looking forward to the skiercross. Have an old friend competing in it this year.

Most of all looking forward to the closing ceremony, our firm have provided a lot of our services to Sochi and it has been pretty hard work.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Mainly all th ski’ing related sports, that thing on a teatray looks like it’ll be carnage the rest.. well meh..

More importantly will we get the Ed&Graham show??

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

speed skating – like track racing on ice.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

XC skiing, ice hockey, and the various formats of throwing yourself down a tube of ice/snow

davedodd
    Free Member

Biathlon, Biathlon, oh and a bit of Biathlon 🙂

Cross country ski-ing too, should all be good.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

It’s got to be the skiercross, boardercross and ice hockey for me. Watched a thingy on RedBullTV yesterday on one of the Aussie boardercross contenders and his preparation for the Olympics. Awesome stuff.
    Just gutted Palmer didn’t make a (nearly successful) play for the US boardercross team like last time…

Sandwich

Davedodd +1 from me. Heart Rate at 170-ish (or more) entering the shooting arena and then putting the rifle to the shoulder a couple of breaths and 5 bullseye shots (heart rate 100-ish?). Follwed by more of the same and collapsing on the line vomitting your heart out due to the effort on the sprint in. Epic stuff.

scruff
    Free Member

Is boardercross really in T’Olympics?

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Skiercross, boardercross, curling and the biathlon for me.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

it really is and it’s awesome

trickydisco
    Free Member

please let cyclocross in the winter olympics 🙂

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

My Mrs has just been handed all expenses paid tickets through work. I am really quite jealous, although I will get a week or so of doing exactly what I want* at home without her.

*more bike maintenance in kitchen, lots of riding, sitting on the sofa in my pants, scratching my nuts than cocaine and hookers..just to clarify.

Bunnyhop

For once we have some good chances of winning medals 🙂
    Favourite events will be all skiing and snowboarding (swoon Svindal).
    Bobsleigh, skeleton and even curling

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Anything that involves sliding on various contraptions…….so everything then basically.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Just had an email from the loony tunes fast Anna Turney, and she’s going to Sochi!

Best news of the week for me! Look out for her in the para winter games, where she’ll be gunning her sit ski and speeds that are down right unnatural!

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Slope style qualification is on the Red Button at the moment.

Ed Leigh commentating unfortunately.

peterfile
    Free Member

One of my best mates is a lawyer for a swiss sports agency and is sending me a never ending stream of very cool photographs, which is making me happy and jealous in equal measures!

Another mate will be kicking international butt in the halfpipe 🙂

I never watched the summer olympics, but LOVE the winter olympics.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Skicross was the star if the show last time around, bonkers. We have one finalist in the snowboard slopestyle already. I’m looking forward to ski events particularly and fingers crossed we can get a medal somewhere (xc ?). Still gutted for Alan Baxter after all these years ….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Skicross was the star if the show last time around, bonkers.

Agreed. Superb watching! Having tried a skicross course a few times, the way those guys rip it up down those courses is super impressive!

GrahamS

Ed Leigh commentating unfortunately.

Could be worse:

xcgb
    Free Member

From kimbers link, this took some practice i bet!

khani
    Free Member

Without wishing to be the spoilsport of the thread..
    I’m not watching any of it.. due to Putins state sponsored demonisation, arrest, harassment and even torture of gay people…
    Sorry..

Klunk
    Free Member

same here

GrahamS

I’m not watching any of it.. due to Putins state sponsored demonisation, arrest, harassment and even torture of gay people…

Yeah – that’ll teach him!

I agree with your sentiment but really what difference does it make if you watch or not? It’s not like they count how many folk watch it and pay him accordingly.

xcgb
    Free Member

Did you give the same treatment to China?

piemonster

Khani +1, Wont mean much or anything, but that’s the way it is.

xcgb
    Free Member

Back on the slopes

He’s pretty good

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVZniONZTK0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

MrWoppit
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SezoGW_z9w0[/video]

khani
    Free Member

I’m not getting into a ten page drama, as above it won’t make any difference, but that’s the way it is..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 428 total)

The topic ‘The Winter Olympics thread’ is closed to new replies.