Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • The wife wants to treat me
  • trevron73
    Free Member

My wife wants to buy me a watch for my 40th in June ,after the “what watch is Hamilton wearing last week “i fancy one ,but not sold on the Tissot touch ,i don’t dive. I love Motorsport ,any suggestions ?

enfht
    Free Member

Steak & BJ watch?

trevron73
    Free Member

Pook the yellow one is nice but would clash with my rims, i got up to £500 budget?

ask1974
    Free Member

Hi OP,

Not sure what your budget is and of course lots of high end options. I recently bought a Christopher Ward C11 and it’s pretty much replaced all my other watches (including an Omega). Superb value and it gets lots of admiring comments from friends and strangers alike.

Here’s two Motorsport themed options from their latest range and both under £500 😀

[edit] just read post to Pook and see budget is £500… Perfect then 😀

C7 in Italian racing red with metal bracelet

C70 in British racing green and leather strap

mark90
    Free Member

I have my 40th coming up this year and been looking for a suitable watch for the missus to get me. Similar budget, current favorite is the Tissot PRC 200, undecided on colur…

http://www.watches-of-switzerland.co.uk/brands/tissot-watches/t-sport/prc200-chronograph-1

http://www.watches-of-switzerland.co.uk/brands/tissot-watches/t-sport/prc200-chronograph-2

I actually prefer the above outgoing T17 model to the new T055 model…

http://www.ernestjones.co.uk/webstore/d/9534865/tissot+prc200+men%27s+stainless+steel+bracelet+watch/

geoffj

Shinola Runwell that Chipps posted about looks very nice.

4ags4
    Free Member

Oris TT1 (with rubber strap) – can even get a Williams F1 version.
    high quality but understated

Kryton57
    eruptron
    Free Member

TooTall
    Free Member

I love Panerai and have alwys wanted one, but that is the first one I’ve seen that I don’t like. If that is anything close to the £500 guide the OP suggested, I’ll eat my hat.

mark90
    Free Member

Ooops I forgot I was on STW and recommended watches within the OP’s budget, let me correct that silly mistake 😉

How about a nice Seamaster….

http://www.watches-of-switzerland.co.uk/brands/omega-watches/seamaster-1/planet-ocean-2

yunki
    Free Member

one of Mrs Yunki’s old primary school friends has come to stay for the weekend..

He brought gifts of Ugg boots and counterfeit Ice watches, and then got arrested for drunk driving late last night

what a cock

postierich
    Free Member

My partner treated me to an Omega on my 40th, bloody money pits just paid £160 to get it serviced its 3rd one. 😕

wrightyson
    Free Member

Why have the planet oceans gone up in price so much?

franksinatra

My partner treated me to an Omega on my 40th, bloody money pits just paid £160 to get it serviced its 3rd one.

Is that a repair or routine servicing? The idea of paying to get a watch serviced puts me right off, it certainly is not necessary on cheaper watches.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just had mine serviced due to it keep stopping, really pissed off because the apparent 3 year movement warranty didn’t cover it because they claim it had received a knock. How they can tell this is beyond me. Claimed on the insurance as that service was £300 😯

drlex
    Free Member

How about going bespoke & ordering up something from Yobokies?

Examples here.

Seiko movement, but cosmetically changed to your taste.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

If it was me:

postierich
    Free Member

It was a routine service had to keep on top as I let my watch go without a service for 3 years the the battery leaked causing £300 worth of damage 😕

chewkw
    Free Member

My friend got a Tissot(not sure about the model but cost him around £300 and I think it’s one of those diver/aviation design) and vowed he would not touch it with a barge-pole as long as he is alive. He works outdoor and the watch just rusts on him. Took it to the watch dealer (this is in the far east btw) and was told it required extensive service and oiling …

Now he got Orient automatic instead …

trevron73
    Free Member

Thanks for all the suggestions ,Mark 90, i had been looking at the Tissot 200 and i also like the CHR Ward. I reckon the ward looks nice but dosn’t have the heritage im looking for ,although the green one is damn tasty. I have just looked up for a valuation on a Longines my Grandfather left me and its worth more than i thought it would be ,still in box with recipt and letter from director of the company he worked for for 25 years.A Tissot may fit the bill

finishthat
    Free Member

Reliability/cost is mad with expensive watches – the Seiko automatic
    on my wrist right now was given to me by my dad more than 35 years ago .

It has had about 4 new bracelets – not been taken off for messing about
    with cars and things , and is on its 3rd glass – not hardlex.

mark90
    Free Member

What I’d really like is a Seiko Quartz (Automatics don’t suit my wear pattern) mid size diver, ie an SBCM023, but this is sadly discontinued

Automatics don’t suit my ad-hoc wear pattern.

geoffj

I’ve got a modern issot summatorother which mrsj bought me a few years ago. Quartz movement, leather strap, quite nice.
    BUT I wear a Seiko automatic that cost less than £100 everyday and much prefer it.

Modern Tissots are wannabe omegas

mark90
    Free Member

Modern Tissots are wannabe omegas

That settles it, it’s the watch for me 🙂 I’m a wanna be Omega owner, but don’t have enough disposable income to spunk more than the value of my car on a watch, especially one that costs as much to service as said car.

Maybe if I paid less tax on £150k income I could afford one 😆

rajboab
    Free Member

I like the look of these:

http://www.obrismorgan.com/english/branco.html

Stuart

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘The wife wants to treat me’ is closed to new replies.